Outcast Status Non-Required to vote in UD elections

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Bimbobasher

Re: Outcast Status Non-Required to vote in UD elections

Post by Bimbobasher » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:44 am

That I hope has been directed to all the callous posts which offered nothing in the way of discussing the topic of the thread and merely attacked me personally.

I'll leave it at that since I made most of my very valid points quite clear and concise.

Time for me to spend my time in game.

I don't feel the need to defend invalid and biased attacks against myself any longer. Hell I shouldn't have even bothered acknowledging any of them in the first place, as the vast majority were unfounded anyhow.

Yma23

Post by Yma23 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:41 am

One thing I think would be nice - just as an aside - is some more neutral area housing. Right now it's increadibly easy, especialy in such a harsh environment, to annoy one or another council resulting in loosing all you ever owned. And with councils changing so much, and being so willing (due to alignment, no shame in that) to just exile/destroy people (again, IC, all good!) that makes things VERY difficult.

So - in the hub area some more housing... like in the Spiderweb, would be very, very nice. Otherwise it's increadibly easy to have a PC that's basicaly unplayable down there.

IndifferentPerson

Post by IndifferentPerson » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:09 am

Yma23 wrote:One thing I think would be nice - just as an aside - is some more neutral area housing. Right now it's increadibly easy, especialy in such a harsh environment, to annoy one or another council resulting in loosing all you ever owned. And with councils changing so much, and being so willing (due to alignment, no shame in that) to just exile/destroy people (again, IC, all good!) that makes things VERY difficult.

So - in the hub area some more housing... like in the Spiderweb, would be very, very nice. Otherwise it's increadibly easy to have a PC that's basicaly unplayable down there.
This is actually a very valid point, didn't I suggest something like this or did I just dream of it... But yes, whenever I played in the UD I tried getting hub housing(without success) due to fear of pissing off councils.

CragOneEye

Post by CragOneEye » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:25 am

I figured I would place my own two cents worth here, staying to the original topic of the forum. My understanding first of all, is that kobolds, goblins, gnolls, and orogs were seen as "slave" races of UD, or at least any that dwelt in side civilizations, those whom dwelt outside of civilizations were tribal races. (I am basing this off of Forgotten Realms Lore).

Keeping -that- lore in mind, if you were to exclude that all slaves should not be allowed to vote then I feel these races should also -not- vote as well.

Basically again from what I understand of UD lore, only non-slave races were Drow, Duergar, Deep Gnomes, Ithilid, and Deep Imaskari. That they were basically ruling cities in UD, now that being said we don't have the player base to give each of these races and individual city, and that from what I understand, the "theme" the devs were going with for Aundor, is this: That essentially Aundor is a mini-version of Skull port. Which again according to Forgotten Realms lore, Skull port is a city of "shady" humans, thieves, pirates, orc-bloods, Drow, Duergar, Deep gnomes, and so forth.(which this is relevant if Aundor is supposed to match the theme of Skull Port). And in-keeping with this theme there would be sad to say evil aligned surfacer humans who would have interest in the politics of and underground city such as this.

In Pencil and Paper mechanics this would be represented by Evil surfacer organizations sending in trusted agents to Skull port giving them necessary gold and resources to claim power down there. In Arelith mechanics its represented in supporting the votes of whom they wish in power.

What motives could an evil agency on the surface have in an underground city such as either skull-port Aundor? Control over slave trade, of other illegal or rare items. Or perhaps to remove power from potential threats of other interest surfacer dark agencies. If Aundor is indeed supposed to be like Skullport then I feel way things are set up currently are fine.

I also should note that from again my understanding of way skull port is according FR lore, Drow don't hold a lot of authority over the city as whole but rather control a certain district, much like how New York has a "China Town" for the Chinese.
Last edited by CragOneEye on Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Knowing is half the battle!" -G.I.JOE!!!

CragOneEye

Post by CragOneEye » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:28 am

Yma23 wrote:One thing I think would be nice - just as an aside - is some more neutral area housing. Right now it's increadibly easy, especialy in such a harsh environment, to annoy one or another council resulting in loosing all you ever owned. And with councils changing so much, and being so willing (due to alignment, no shame in that) to just exile/destroy people (again, IC, all good!) that makes things VERY difficult.

They used to have neutral housing in Jhaered's that was separate from all other housing I don't know if the new outpost is like this as well, but I believe the devs cut down on the UD neutral housing as wasn't enough players using it, I am merely speculating mind you, but when Devs cut down on something they usually have a reason for it.

CragOneEye

Post by CragOneEye » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:31 pm

Well that is unfortunate.

lordsterling

Post by lordsterling » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:20 pm

Back on topic, my thoughts on the whole voting system: The whole notion of a democratic process working inside of a place such as the underdark is confusing to me. If each faction or race has it's own vote system to retain the IG lead of a racially "owned" area or resources then that makes sense. However, having only one location which forces all the races to coalesce (when there are known mechanical exploits used to pad votes for control) gets us to where we are today. It's an OOC mechanic used and abused to further IC dominance of sites and resources.

This horse is now dead... we should move on to beat a fresh horse...

Someonehere123

Post by Someonehere123 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:24 pm

Right? This feels like the old UD forums all over again, I think we can verify that 'bimbobasher' was def around for that.

Preacher

Post by Preacher » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:01 am

People are voicing their opinions and thoughts. This is allowed and encouraged.

Yes, lets all make sure we each take a breath and don't type angry.

I think the warning was simply due to the specific call out of names which could be seen as antagonistic (no matter how true or false the accusations)

I will hold my oppinion of aundore for now as I think it is still growing and trying to catch its stride and we can see what it will turn into as it so far seems to be drow/UD district and then the other "evil" catch everyone else district. lets see if it stays that way or changes. I'm excited for the future.
You have the thanks of a grateful server conglomeration of nations... Thanks!
:) - Jjjerm

Yevon - it would have been safer for me to walk around Wharftown proclaiming Bane to be the god of love and pink frills.

Marsi

Post by Marsi » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:49 am

Bimbobasher wrote:Spare me the sarcasm, hunter. We both know where it stems from.
a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Why should the great bell of Beaulieu toll when the shadows were neither short nor long?

Bimbobasher

Post by Bimbobasher » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:13 am

Let's see if a forum moderator responds to this bullcrap.

At least my posts contributed to the thread.

Really, the stupid pics of donkey kong, the one-liners that had nothing to do with the thread itself(like the above asinine comment).

It doesn't make me mad, it just makes me think less of you as an overall human being. And certainly less intelligent.

DM Hephaestus

Post by DM Hephaestus » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:22 am

Stop.

Thank you.
Server: [DM] Maelstrom just killed Little Girl in Wharftown (Mercantile Building)