So this just happened.

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Barradoor
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

So this just happened.

Post by Barradoor » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:36 am

After a 36 minute fight, we finally took it down. With a cantrip.

So what's the longest boss fight you've been in guys?
Mithreas wrote:get good
eters wrote:I will try to resonate with you in a way you can understand
Peppermint wrote:if Barradoor is the voice of reason you know things have taken a horrible turn
Barradoor wrote:
!!HIGH LEVEL MECHANICS BELOW!!

Rattus_norvegicus99
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: So this just happened.

Post by Rattus_norvegicus99 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:58 am

I have no idea, I'm usually running around screaming and far too busy to look at the clock! :P
John 3:16

Skype Arelith.rat

Urch

Post by Urch » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:01 am

That rest metre. Dayum.
For only $1 a day you can sponsor someone with chronic altitis.

Another day, another Doug.

IndifferentPerson

Post by IndifferentPerson » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:13 am

Longest fights are usually the ones really early on when you're stuck with one attack/round against high AC bosses.

RED GANOT
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by RED GANOT » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:28 am

Probably the same boss. I think Gideion and Ossian managed in 10 minutes, but it was 10 minutes of 'OMG SHOULD WE RUN IDK'. All those heals it does, agh. And we never went there again.

The Manor of Mourn final boss can be a nightmare if you spawn the top-tier you-know-what in every corner of the map. That is probably the only other one that has come close. It was like the Benny Hill show credits.

Oh, and some of the Kohlingen bosses. Namely the thing at the top of the castle, and the other thing in the crypt. But they are obscene HP more than actual danger.
When my brood and I soar on wings of fire, and wreak our scourge over Caer Callidyrr; your kith will fall and your kin will too- then what will all of Moonshae do?

Marsi

Post by Marsi » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:42 am

Does watching Sabbath vs Sarenfeil count?

I think they gave up, were at it for so long.

Why should the great bell of Beaulieu toll when the shadows were neither short nor long?

What_Evil_Lurks
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by What_Evil_Lurks » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:57 am

So the important question is; In PvP how long must you fight before Harm scrolls are not cheese?
RED GANOT wrote:STEP 1: Stop being scared of conflict.

IndifferentPerson

Post by IndifferentPerson » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:27 am

What_Evil_Lurks wrote:So the important question is; In PvP how long must you fight before Harm scrolls are not cheese?
Technically speaking, 3 to 5 minutes, since that's how long it takes for a potion or wand wear off.

What_Evil_Lurks
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by What_Evil_Lurks » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:53 am

Nice quote Cag. I like the one Galileo 'supposedly' said after they showed him the torture chambers. What was it? "Never the less the earth moves around the sun." or some such dribble.

Alright no more derailing. I think the longest fight for me was being half asleep and deciding to solo the golem and the big tendril boss in Baator. I can't remember how long but I was there a while.
RED GANOT wrote:STEP 1: Stop being scared of conflict.

Faye

Post by Faye » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:57 am

Augh, augh, fighting that Crypts boss for nearly half an hour in Improved Expertise mode on my ill-fated Banite Monk. I wasn't soloing, we had three party members which dropped down to two at the boss battle, and the Favoured Soul was squishy and had to stay back. I don't. I don't think he had any offensive spells, so it was reliant on Natural Twenties, healing, and the other dude hitting with his sword (on, I think, Natural Twenties too!) Grand times.
Maphias wrote:I've spent‏ like‏ over 200K on women's clothing from various stores around Arelith over the years‏

CragOrion
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by CragOrion » Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:16 pm

So, Corran at lvl 7 was in a party with two others, either same level or lower, in the third level of the troll caves. We had just gone through the transition to the third level when I asked the others to hold up because I had to go afk real quick to help out my gramma. I come back to find the other two have charged off without me and my character is bleeding out. ~PANIC~

But I stayed cool and Corran stabilized. By the time I was up, one of the others had died and so it was just me and a low level caster who had exhausted all his spells. So I popped on experienced mode and fended off the two hill giants by myself for probably the next 30 minutes. Eventually I took them out and rescued the other fighter and we fought our way out.

Talk about harrowing!

Celestia Silverarms
Karynn Eldafire