Bramble Watch Recruitment Drive

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

KregorRanger

Bramble Watch Recruitment Drive

Post by KregorRanger » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:40 pm

Hey all. For anyone looking to work up a new concept, and has the itch for nature RP, I'm putting up another call for the faction ICly on the boards, including a gathering at this time and date (Sunday, 11am Central US):

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/f ... T11&p1=944

This will include a training run into the goblin fort, where our biggest challenge to keep the population down lay.

The Bramble Watch, for those who may not know, is a politically neutral, mainly Good - Neutral aligned ranger troupe. The bulk of the membership has been Druids, Rangers, Nature Clerics and Rogue blends, but I'm open and intrigued by any concept that reflects a nature-based PC that's conceived and RPed out well. Show us your archetype.

Training includes area runs AND RPed out lessons, equipping to the best of our present craftsmen's ability, and typical plots that offer involvement in both the political and adventuring realm, whichever suits you.

We are a very inclusive faction, and prefer to judge IC actions, rather than any OOC considerations. I do prefer to have PCs in the faction that are up for investment in developing the storyline of the faction and plots that revolve around it, i.e., I'd really like to see some genuine attempts at launching us a new main you intend to stay with for a while. And also the ability and willingness to make efforts to affect change on the server in the area we focus on, even when you get higher in level and otherwise need XP elsewhere - you need to give time to both. Also, if you intend to get directly involved in the political scene (as an elected official or settlement militia), the non-intervention policy of the faction will mean you have to choose between one or the other.

If you can't make it to the recruitment drive, catch me or one of the Guardian Rangers (Devin, Storm, Aly'ne) in-game any other time.

Seven Sons of Sin

Re: Bramble Watch Recruitment Drive

Post by Seven Sons of Sin » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:37 pm

What's the policy of posting IC things on forums? This isn't snide or directed at Kregor, but there's been instances in the past where posts like this either get told to "go IC" or for whatever reason, slip without question.
Previous:
Oskarr of Procampur, Ro Irokon, Nahal Azyen, Nelehein Afsana (of Impiltur), Vencenti Medici, Nizram ali Balazdam, (Roznik) Naethandreil

DM_Angel

Post by DM_Angel » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:40 pm

Seven is correct. Please do not advertise IC things on the forums.
There are many available options to do such in game.
Angel's watching over us

KregorRanger

Post by KregorRanger » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:54 pm

It has been posted ICly as well in multiple locations. So well enough.

In fairness, I fail to see the distinction between me making a post to say, "Hey, we're looking to build up the faction with some players interested in a concept that fits, here's a day and time link that I can fit into my schedule," In a format that is both open, and inclusive, and the myriad of posts on the old forum which essentially say, "Hey, I'm looking to put together a group of ((insert group concept here)), PM me to discuss." Other than it being neither inclusive, nor transparent.

That said, if my approach was inappropriate for the forum, apologies and I won't do it again.

Seven Sons of Sin

Post by Seven Sons of Sin » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:46 am

I think the issue is that it would set precedent; and then floodgates are unleashed.
Previous:
Oskarr of Procampur, Ro Irokon, Nahal Azyen, Nelehein Afsana (of Impiltur), Vencenti Medici, Nizram ali Balazdam, (Roznik) Naethandreil

LittleWeasel
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by LittleWeasel » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:37 am

For clarification:

The forums should never be required to play the game. It is here to support the community. Posting moots and using it, to get the attention for more RP, coordination to get people together, is fine, if it supports things that are happening IC.

Don't use the forums for roleplay, don't post IC replies.

In that regard: these kind of posts are allowed. But the information has to be readily available IC as well.
Don't take Life too seriously - you'll never get out of it alive...
Mind over Matter... now that I don't have a mind, it doesn't matter...
Ware the Wrath of the Weasel:
*nibble*
*cluck*