Soundtracks While Playing

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Yesman

Soundtracks While Playing

Post by Yesman » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:15 am

What soundtracks do you like to listen to while playing Arelith? Other than NwN's soundtrack, of course.

Lately I've been putting The Witcher 1's soundtrack in the background. It's a bit gloomy at times, but other than simply loving the music I find that, strangely, it helps keep me more focused on the RP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFIbVqHOOIU

Urch

Re: Soundtracks While Playing

Post by Urch » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:45 am

Majority of my music is made up of Korpiklaani, Faun, Bathory (more specifically the Nordland albums), Ghost (B.C.) and Powerwolf.

Alestorm/Ye Banished Privateers/Dread Crew of Oddwood/Dreadnoughts if I'm doing anything related to the sea.

There is also Lukasz Kapuscinski on loop (he plays akustik guitar covers of theme songs. There is even a Neverwinter Nights theme cover. Youtube him, he is great).

Stronghold/Stronghold 2/Stronghold 3 soundtrack for when I am playing a peasant type character.

Rammstein is also something I play when I play evil characters, especially in the Underdark.

Other soundtracks/albums/artists I have played on occasion is Baldur's Gate 1&2, Icewind Dale 1&2, Planescape Torment, Amélie (movie) and Edith Piaf.

Music to me basically helps me feel and convey emotions, which is why I have a large library that I listen to. There is more, but I'd be here for hours typing.
For only $1 a day you can sponsor someone with chronic altitis.

Another day, another Doug.

RED GANOT
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by RED GANOT » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:42 am

When my brood and I soar on wings of fire, and wreak our scourge over Caer Callidyrr; your kith will fall and your kin will too- then what will all of Moonshae do?

Mofference

Post by Mofference » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:10 pm

Urch has excellent taste.
matron xun'viir; tear down this wall

Seven Sons of Sin

Post by Seven Sons of Sin » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:19 pm

The Last Samurai, The Lord of the Rings, The Dark Knight trilogy, and stuff by Immediate, Two Steps From Hell, and E. S. Posthumus
Previous:
Oskarr of Procampur, Ro Irokon, Nahal Azyen, Nelehein Afsana (of Impiltur), Vencenti Medici, Nizram ali Balazdam, (Roznik) Naethandreil

Archon

Post by Archon » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:56 pm

I've been listening Angels & Demons lately. I cannot say how the movie is, but the soundtrack is great.

The eerie Dishonored OST works as well.

and anything Two Steps From Hell.

FW DarkArcher

Post by FW DarkArcher » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:13 pm

The Final Fantasy VII sountrack all of the way! Also the soundtrack from the FF-XIII series. And from all of the other Final Fantasy games. Yes. Much joy. Wow.
"What is life without purpose? What is purpose without love?" - Annika Stormbreeze

Rattus_norvegicus99
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Rattus_norvegicus99 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:06 pm

Years ago on Harran, I put on Gladiator .. and ran up into the Spires. That was pretty awesome, but Zimmer's stuff is awesome so you can't go wrong with him.
John 3:16

Skype Arelith.rat

Yesman

Post by Yesman » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:14 pm

Rattus_norvegicus99 wrote:Years ago on Harran, I put on Gladiator .. and ran up into the Spires. That was pretty awesome, but Zimmer's stuff is awesome so you can't go wrong with him.
Interstellar's soundtrack is just haunting. But I don't think it fits fantasy RP, sadly.

Yellena

Post by Yellena » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:38 pm

Inuyasha's soundtrack have some nice backgorund musics too.