5% Dreams - Answer Individually

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Alcomancer

Re: 5% Dreams - Answer Individually

Post by Alcomancer » Fri May 07, 2021 8:07 pm

I would want to play a real Shadovar from Thultanthar, and would take the Shadowweave path for wizard in doing so. The very concept of netherese culture in RP appeals to me and I've managed to pick up a lot of things over the years and digging through the source material. I'd need to really re-read return of the Archwizards but it would also be really cool to try and get a Darksword somehow - either as part of the 5% request or just RPing something via the crafting system.

Either that

Curve

Post by Curve » Fri May 07, 2021 8:15 pm

Return of the Archwizards was cool.

Vancy

Post by Vancy » Wed May 19, 2021 11:01 pm

For me it would be able to play a spacer character, a traveler from Wildspace. I'd settle for a Realmspace character, for example from Garden, but it would be even better, if I could play e.g. a kender from Krynnspace. Not going to happen, but the thread is to dream.

Senshi
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Senshi » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:47 pm

I would love to play as a were-creature (werewolf or wereboar) , Could be called Alpha Were-creature

A wild nomad that can turn in to a better form of werewolf or wereboar.

Limited to only a few select druid spells out of wereform to allow rp and casual grouping. a token path of a druid would work well.

Wereform at will, unlimited times per day, only with a cool down.

Increased STR CON WIL DEX - LOW INT AND CHA in wereform.

Improved to a lessor extent STR CON WIL DEX - LOW INT AND CHA in normal form.

Buffed wereform down side is it can lose control, on full moon, just like normal. but its a INT roll while in wereform to frenzy. 60min cooldown on form changing while full moon.

I think it be fun to play a wandering nomad who is unable to be cured but has learnt to embrace it.
Current Characters: Velem'vor

I do YT stuff.. IndieSenshi

a shrouded figure

Post by a shrouded figure » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:12 pm

A true giant, Fire, hill, whatever works for me. I’d totally make a dragon if they came back on rotation tho.

AddledPunster
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by AddledPunster » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:25 pm

An awakened housecat enchanting wizard.

Previously Played: Cheryl Garrio, the Rat Witch of Guldorand. Gwenllian Auburnridge, Spelljammer enthusiast.

Gaal

Post by Gaal » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:48 pm

How about a Shadar-Kai that starts in the Shadowrealm.

Perem, El Grotto de Gnome

chops1916

Post by chops1916 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:47 pm

Death Knight.

I'd love to play an undead knight. Glowing icy blue eyes, heavy plate armour, undead steeds, similarly heavily armoured. Think Arthas Menethil. Either a Paladin who falls or a character who simply wakes up on Arelith as an Undead Knight.

Introduced to his new God of Death, seen in his visions before awakening, explained by his new brothers, for his eternal service as eerie, haunting bells ring out as the ceremony unfolds and he is equipped in the dark candle lit chapel of the castle.

Feared and reviled everywhere they go.... save for a dark castle, or abandoned town, except it's not. Now, it is the home to an order of Undead Knights. Other undead characters living in the town/village surrounding the castle serving as their footmen and rank and file.

Airport Proximity Jesus

Post by Airport Proximity Jesus » Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:54 pm

chops1916 wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:47 pm
Death Knight.

I'd love to play an undead knight. Glowing icy blue eyes, heavy plate armour, undead steeds, similarly heavily armoured. Think Arthas Menethil. Either a Paladin who falls or a character who simply wakes up on Arelith as an Undead Knight.

Introduced to his new God of Death, seen in his visions before awakening, explained by his new brothers, for his eternal service as eerie, haunting bells ring out as the ceremony unfolds and he is equipped in the dark candle lit chapel of the castle.

Feared and reviled everywhere they go.... save for a dark castle, or abandoned town, except it's not. Now, it is the home to an order of Undead Knights. Other undead characters living in the town/village surrounding the castle serving as their footmen and rank and file.
You can kinda be a death knight! PM/BG, which I like to call 'Pale Knights' but only I do that, they have access to loads of undead and unholy power. Most people choose the deep Pale master variant from what I've seen, though the deep blackguard variant is technically a bit stronger.

This is, of course, not an actual death knight.
8-) Cool kids wear shades during the endless night 8-)

chops1916

Post by chops1916 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:18 pm

Airport Proximity Jesus wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:54 pm
chops1916 wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:47 pm
Death Knight.

You can kinda be a death knight! PM/BG, which I like to call 'Pale Knights' but only I do that, they have access to loads of undead and unholy power. Most people choose the deep Pale master variant from what I've seen, though the deep blackguard variant is technically a bit stronger.

This is, of course, not an actual death knight.
Yeah, I was thinking the mechanics are essentially there. I was, as you noticed though, more going for an actual undead knight. Rising from his crypt. Aesthetically and thematically I think it would be so cool. Mourne could even be co-opted in an event that makes it a place for undead PC's to have the said castle I mentioned previously as the Undead Knightly Orders headquarters. I think it would work too because it wouldn't be overpowered like a lich or a dragon or something and paladins would be excellent nemesis for them, since they would essentially be each others kryptonite.

dominantdrowess
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by dominantdrowess » Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:33 pm

Half-drow. But only starting as a slave - and only in the Underdark.

Reiklandraider

Post by Reiklandraider » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:39 pm

Githzerai

Watchful Glare

Post by Watchful Glare » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:50 pm

Major award to start a new character at level 30. Maybe Greater Award.

Reward rolling by preventing further grind.
Biz here was a constant subliminal hum, and death the accepted punishment for laziness, carelessness, lack of grace, the failure to heed the demands of an intricate protocol.

Red_Wharf

Post by Red_Wharf » Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:44 am

Hagspawn

Monstrous Humanoid
+2 Str, +2 Con, -2 Cha
+1 ECL
Darkvision
Alignment Restriction: Non-Good
Spell Resistance: 22?
Languages: Common, Giant

I guess they would be resized Half-orcs. :P

Nelly Hope

Post by Nelly Hope » Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:19 pm

an extra major gift a character creation

Gillesbreton

Post by Gillesbreton » Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:31 pm

Succubus - Tanar’ri

Pit Fiend - Devil

Ettin- Giant with 2 heads… can then talk to each other.

Sahuagin and Aquatic Elves and Dire Shark Mounts.
Duvain Yantul
Lani Thrul
Seliena Var’kor
Indori Nevarr
Sago Teas

User: ShaleStone - pre-EE.
Played on Arelith since split with Amia.

Kuma
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Kuma » Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:11 pm

myconids as a greater

thank u

House Freth: Reference Information
House Claddath: Reference Information
"What's a heretic?": a guide to religious schism terminology

Irongron wrote:

4. No full screen images of the NWN gnome model (might frighten the children)

Skane

Post by Skane » Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:11 pm

myconids as a normal

thank u
Gods can we just remove magic already?

Itikar

Post by Itikar » Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:03 am

myconids as a minor

thank u

Algol

Post by Algol » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:27 am

With all the giant stuff we have in game now I'd love seeing some playable trolls. There are already trolls NPCs in Anduor!

Hazard

Post by Hazard » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:14 pm

Gelatinous Cube.

Amateur Hour

Post by Amateur Hour » Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:26 pm

Celadrin. We just got fey'ri; I'd like to be a GOOD for once.

Rolled: Solveigh Arnimayne, "Anna Locksley"
Shelved: Ninim Elario, Maethiel Tyireale'ala
Current: Ynge Redbeard, ???

The_Icelord

Post by The_Icelord » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:46 pm

I only started playing recently, so still discovering all the 'regular' cool stuff, but some things I'd love to see:

Warforged race, not entirely Faerunian ( unless you go 5th ), but they're still a very cool concept.

Archmage PRC and more wizardly stuff for good aligned wizard to use. There's plenty of evil undead/pale master/necromancer things and evil stuff in general, and plenty of goodie 2 shoe clerical stuff, but a basic good aligned wizard has a rather limited set of toys to play with, and the things they have are more 'general goody stuff' than exclusive wizardly things, a nice possibility here would perhaps be bigger / more powerful golems beyond the bone/iron/stone ones that can only be made / used by wizards.

Leika

Post by Leika » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:57 pm

Just started playing back in June.

The alienist (from Complete Arcane) is something I've always wanted to play. I love the character concept of complete descent into madness/attuning to the old gods.

In Arelith, the star pact warlock is probably close enough to the concept. (but since we were asked about 5% dreams...)

Slapstick

Post by Slapstick » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:15 pm

Ability to select a stream. Maybe you want to summon spirits rather than zombies, or fey rather than fiends, or drowned men as a cleric of Umberlee - from level 1 for RP reasons. Would be nice to be able to spend a reward for it (though major is a bit pricey)