5% Dreams - Answer Individually

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

DarkFuneral209
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: 5% Dreams - Answer Individually

Post by DarkFuneral209 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:52 am

I'd like to have the option for a level bump. Instead of starting at level 2, starting at level 10. The starting areas are good but sometimes being able to start fresh in a higher area makes things less monotonous. I have tried many different characters and concepts over the years. Would be great to have that option and nothing else.

Shagrath Vivisector 4AR-32AR (Deceased)
Gorgoth Deathcrush 30AR-50AR (Deceased)
Blashyrh Exordium - Retired Cordor Guard
Tolstoy - Forest Rambler & Elf Nationlist
Abiff - Traveling Mage
Malory - Faceless

Itikar

Post by Itikar » Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:24 pm

I haven't checked what others have said till now, but I surely would like to see a medusa PC. :)

edit: and after having checked the other pages I would add also beholder! :P

White_935

Post by White_935 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:52 pm

Not sure if classes is a valid choice, but i'd love to see the PRC class "Frenzied Berserker" being added as class choice for greater or major award.

Ninjimmy

Post by Ninjimmy » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:53 am

It's gonna sound weird but having a custom animal companion (ideally not one of the regular options) that's not related to a class feature would be a cool 5%.

That or Warforged, Warforged RP has always been super fun for me in the past even if I'd probably never get that 5%
Playing:
Olwin (AKA Olicoros Vrozt Akael Shilligg Jugem Dojj Winzalfur AKA That £$%^ing Wizard)

Jagel

Post by Jagel » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:06 am

Aranea

Tathkar Eisgrim

Post by Tathkar Eisgrim » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:48 am

I'd like the option to play as an Animal Companion / Familiar (A dog or a cat). I'd start off as a puppy or kitten and grow with experience. I would be a stray PC's would have to rescue from a heartbreaking early demise.

Once rescued, my potential new owner would have to treat me kindly, feeding and grooming me or I would do a runner.

Having me as a companion / familiar would bring morale boosts to the entire party like a pocket bard and add efficacy to spells. I could be an effective scout, finding foes and digging up ingredients.

I'd have a ridiculously high CHA requiring daily cuddles.

Diegovog

Post by Diegovog » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:59 pm

I have suggested this earlier but I have decided to develop the idea;

Planeswalker

Base Race: Any
Stat bonus: None
Gifts: Language fast learner gift automatically.

Abilities:
Level 5 - Crossing the Veil: For a Planeswalker, leaving the material plane is as simple as crossing over a hill and 1x per day they are able to cross into the Shadow Plane version of their current spot. (95% of the areas that don't have a shadow equivalent just lead to the Shadovar Tradepost.)

Level 10 - Meld: For a Planeswalker, the membrane that separates the planes are thinner than to most and 1x per day they can travel as if drinking an attunement potion in their current area.

Level 15 - The Anchor of Worlds: Like a hub, the Planeswalkers are naturally drawn into the Astrolabe and 1x per day are capable of finding their way there even if they are as far as the Far Realms.

Level 15 - Touching the Leylines: An able Planeswalker can access the Leylines 1x per day wherever they are and use it as a pathway to whatever rift they have attuned to previously. (-teleport 1x per rest)

Level 21 - Bleeding the Leylines: An experienced Planeswalker is capable of creating a temporary rift 1x per day for others who wisely use their guidance for planar explorations. (-create teleport 1x per rest)

Level 30 - E.T. Phone Home: A Master Planeswalker has traversed the most unusual places of the multiverse and learned how to communicate even with aberrations that would drive a normal being insane. They receive 2 extra languages they can learn over the intelligence cap automatically through the command -learn language X (e.g. -learn language dwarven)

Perks:
Access to a new planar area "A Stop Between Worlds." which is a cozy tavern only accessible to other Planeswalkers. (Either the NPC at the Astrolabe will take them there or a secretive Planeswalker-only portal in the Astrolabe can do the job.)

Mustard

Post by Mustard » Sun May 24, 2020 2:40 am

Dinosaur Totem

Scraps

Post by Scraps » Sun May 24, 2020 11:41 am

A skeleton that's had Awaken Undead[1] cast on them and is now Sentient. It was raised and subsequently made sentient through the spell to fuction as a Blacksmith and general Quartermaster for a Necromancers horde, and managed to 'survive' the destruction of said army.

It'd be a Commoner mechanically, and (obviously) wouldn't be much of a fighter. Awakened Undead don't actually retain any knowledge of their former lives, and it'd basically be a blank slate outside of its brief experiences in its backstory and of course the general evil that comes from being a corpse animated by necromantic energies.

[1] http://dnd.arkalseif.info/spells/libris ... index.html

Marisakis

Post by Marisakis » Sun May 24, 2020 12:18 pm

Lycans of different species, and no will save vs rampage if you're the appropriate alignment for your lycanthropic type (LG bear, N boar, CE wolf/rat, etcetera).

Turn the Tide

Post by Turn the Tide » Thu May 28, 2020 3:31 am

Races

- Erinyes
- Humanoid Celestial Summons (Hound Archon/Avenger/Deva/Celestial Eladrin) etcetera, behind app wall.
- Invisible Stalkers (Air Plane)
- Star Elves (Ruar-tel-quessir)
- Beholder (larger, akin to the familiar)
- Kenku

Classes (?)

- Celestial Warlocks
- Planeswalker
Last edited by Turn the Tide on Thu May 28, 2020 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Login: Fetch My Wine Jean-Luc

Preytoria

Post by Preytoria » Thu May 28, 2020 7:01 am

I would like to see Tengu and Kenku.

Dubhwulfe
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Dubhwulfe » Thu May 28, 2020 2:22 pm

- Lythari or Various types of Werecreatures
- Aasimar
- Kenku and Aarakocra
- Alignment Restrictions lifted (Good Hexblades, Celestial or Fey Warlocks... Chaotic Monks, Paladins of Freedom , etc.)

Kuma
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Kuma » Thu May 28, 2020 4:38 pm

wererats

House Freth: Reference Information
House Claddath: Reference Information
"What's a heretic?": a guide to religious schism terminology

Irongron wrote:

4. No full screen images of the NWN gnome model (might frighten the children)

preggy

Post by preggy » Thu May 28, 2020 7:01 pm

Erinyes able to be summoned by PC's with appropriate planar binding spells.

dallion43
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by dallion43 » Thu May 28, 2020 7:52 pm

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Warforged

This. A self aware construct bound by logic.

Sadrithos

Post by Sadrithos » Thu May 28, 2020 9:03 pm

Psionics. I question if it can be done and not be extremely unfair though.
Current Characters:
Galen Gallows, Burden of Heartwood.
Rauverie La'Fane, #1 Dad.

Drowboy

Post by Drowboy » Thu May 28, 2020 10:26 pm

Mixed Paths
Archnon wrote: I like the idea of slaves and slavery.

Jack Oat

Post by Jack Oat » Fri May 29, 2020 2:22 am

A catastrophic earthquake ruptures the Isle.

The coastal trade city of Cordor is reduced to rubble and half submerged.
Brogendenstein's caverns crumble in on themselves, destroying the once-great Golden Halls.
The ensuing tsunami floods the Bendir Dale, drowning out Burrowhome and destroying its Palisades.
Guldorand, precariously perched atop the Crags' cliffside, is half washed away. What remains is but a shanty remnant of the survivors.

All that remains are Myon with its Mythal destroyed and the Elven population retreated to safety, only occasionally launching an expeditionary party from their floating city via ropes, Andunor protected by its depth, and Sibayad off the shore.

New characters start out washed up on the coast of the ruins of Cordor and must adapt or perish. Survivors must band together and lay their stakes to the now-divided lands, foraging amidst the rubbles for goods and fending off the beasts of the Isle: both the regular sort and the beasts who were once people.

You are all lucky that I'm not in charge.

"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

Garrbear wrote:

quite bluntly we can't balance the server around people who don't play well

Irongron wrote:

My main takeaway from this is that Jack is apparently personable

Ork
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Ork » Fri May 29, 2020 2:45 am

The greatest irony is you can do that on Skal.

Glowing Mushroom

Post by Glowing Mushroom » Fri May 29, 2020 7:18 am

Lion Totem Druid. I would love to have a majestic mane and a Pride. I would also love to make it with a Firbolg.

Leprechaun race. A SUPER tiny Halfling option, much smaller than Halfings themselves. Very low physical stats but the choice of a boost to WIS or INT so they can be magical or Divine casters.
Burin the Earthly.

PlunderBunny
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by PlunderBunny » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:41 pm

It's been said before in this thread, but I just wanna say for emphasis...

GITH!

It would be excellent to be able to play either a Githyanki or Githzerai character, I just love the concept of both races so much.

Deryliss

Post by Deryliss » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:34 pm

The more interesting 'were' creatures.

Werebears especially. Wererats also.
Marijani, Priestess of Istishia

Tathkar Eisgrim

Post by Tathkar Eisgrim » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:08 pm

Deryliss wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:34 pm
The more interesting 'were' creatures.

Werebears especially. Wererats also.
Cordor Sewers would be a great source for Wererats.
Skal would be a great source for Werecats.
i.e. They each have their own starting territory, as NPC's / PC's.

I especially like Wererats & Werecats because they could be created to be statistically weak. Maybe to fill a reward niche?

-Tath.

Fargreze

Post by Fargreze » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:07 am

A Mystic Knight class in the style of current Knight, to make melee battle more engaging. Hybrid or no spellbook at all, but lots of cooldown abilities, like a bladebeam/windblade ranged attack on cooldown for hitting distant foes with physical damage, brief instant movement speed boosts like Swashbuckler's Acrobatics Mastery or the start of Rage, and some thematic elemental spell-like attacks (once again on cooldown) that apply debuffs or vulnerabilities like Oath of Wrath, Spellsword imbue hits, or Hex. These abilities would be like Eldritch Blast but with debuff effects; or Hex, but you get to choose which effect you want to spend a round applying.

Give it a one-round Entangle-like (or knockdown?) effect purely for controlling enemy movement: either you're keeping a target trapped in melee, or keeping something from reaching an ally (long cooldown, cast time or saveable, and it locks you in place as well like a spell or Knight Fear, so you can't use it as an approach tool - and it certainly doesn't flatfoot like Vanguard Last Stand). More ways to creatively control space, more strategy and more decisions in your average battle. These effects can be relatively weak, but useful enough that they're worth the time in most fights, and give you something to think about.

Maybe it needs Str and Wis to function, something to discourage divine dips; maybe it comes online in about 10 levels so it doesn't demand a full investment like Hexblade. Or it does, and abilities are stronger but locked behind feats; perhaps it needs a skill investment for its abilities to function well, analogous to Intimidate for Knight's Fear: maybe that skill is Concentration even if the abilities aren't truly spells (as in a physical damage bladebeam).

I want more stuff to do IN COMBAT to react and help teammates without necessarily bringing the aggro on me right over to them. I like Barb/Knight, Warlocks and Trueflame not because they're strong, but because I'm mentally engaged in combat (Warlocks are the only summoners I can stomach, because every battle I get to position AND fight with two characters, no holding back spells for the boss). Buffing with 20 spells and walking into the fray, toggling Expertise now and then, is one way of being viable - but I like buttons. Mystic Knight would be a unique and more importantly, very engaging playstyle. https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Mystic_Knight_(5e_Class)