OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Oxtail_Soup
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: 5% Dreams - Answer Individually

Post by Oxtail_Soup » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:15 pm

A true namer.

Using perform/ persuade/lore for spell rolls, divination foci boosts to the spells, which act to hold (sometimes remotely) / alter your foes and buff yourself and allies.

Slapstick

Post by Slapstick » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:43 am

Legendary Heirlooms!

Create a multitude of special items of which you can chose one to have gifted to you at level 1. It will grow with you as you level up, and never breaks. Starts with bonuses that makes leveling easier, and ends with QoL bonuses that takes away tedium/inconveniences, while providing armor/ability/damage bonuses slightly ahead of comparable weaponry/armor.

Tathkar Eisgrim

Post by Tathkar Eisgrim » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:39 pm

Slapstick wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:43 am
Legendary Heirlooms!

Create a multitude of special items of which you can chose one to have gifted to you at level 1. It will grow with you as you level up, and never breaks. Starts with bonuses that makes leveling easier, and ends with QoL bonuses that takes away tedium/inconveniences, while providing armor/ability/damage bonuses slightly ahead of comparable weaponry/armor.
I've wanted heirlooms to be a thing for ages. Even if the bonuses were *behind* the curve it would be excellent to have personal or factional heirlooms that meaningfully had a history behind them.

Heirlooms where you have to live up to a standard or your peers could enforce them being taken away from you.

An excellent idea in my book! *thumbs up to Slapstick*.

Itikar

Post by Itikar » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:42 pm

Another one that came to mind recently: avariel.

An altar to Aerdrie Faenya I found in game -might- have been guilty of such inspiration. :P

Morgy
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Morgy » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:10 pm

Special familiars!

Have a choice from a unique set of familiars/companions for your PC that scales with total level (perhaps regardless of classes).

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by The GrumpyCat » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:14 pm

Disclaimer: This may not be possible. I'm only throwing this out as an idea to myself later - just because I happened to come up with it, does not mean it will go in. I'm a silly kitty and have been known to come up with lots of dumb stuff.

What about a Sentient Sword? You get a sword item that you can 'use' once per day, it vanishes from your inventory and turns into a floating associate sword that fights by your side. If defeated or unsummoned it zoops back into your inventory. Maybe the summon (and the item) level with you too!
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

Ninjimmy

Post by Ninjimmy » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:30 pm

That actually seems pretty simple to implement (to my eyes), cos it'd be like a better version of Shelgarn's Persistent Blade right? Or re-skin a familiar to be a knife I guess. Which would also be awesome.
Playing:
Olwin (AKA Olicoros Vrozt Akael Shilligg Jugem Dojj Winzalfur AKA That £$%^ing Wizard)

Dragonovith
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Dragonovith » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:35 pm

Mummy.

While I'm not sure how canon the Libris Mortis 3.5e sourcebook is, Forgotten Realms-wise, it does provide everything needed to play a Mummy in a campaign and insight on how to roleplay one. It certainly would require an application process like Vampire does, though.

Best Rich Face

Post by Best Rich Face » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:30 pm

A server vault wipe across the board, including banked awards.

Clean. Slate.

More seriously, I'd like to see other kinds of fey besides "pixie."

Quidix
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Quidix » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:21 am

Just to check in - are there any near-term intentions for additions to the awards system?

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by The GrumpyCat » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:22 pm

Best Rich Face wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:30 pm
A server vault wipe across the board, including banked awards.

Clean. Slate.

More seriously, I'd like to see other kinds of fey besides "pixie."
I mean to be fair, there are Firbolgs.

And it really depends what you mean by 'near term' if you mean 'few weeks' no. If you mean 'next few months' maybe.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

Ork
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Ork » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:49 pm

Vault wipes kills servers.

NauVaseline

Post by NauVaseline » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:26 pm

Ork wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:49 pm
Vault wipes kills servers.
+1

on a roll

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by The GrumpyCat » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:32 pm

Er... just to be clear - in case there's any miscommunication with what I just posted - There's absolutly 0 intent by the team for a Vault wipe.
This too shall pass.

Kuma
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Kuma » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:49 am

The GrumpyCat wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:22 pm
which are fey in racial name only, given that one cannot "use their 4e lore" without annihilating server immersion. So players use 3e lore.

they really should just get the change to giant tbh

House Freth: Reference Information
House Claddath: Reference Information
"What's a heretic?": a guide to religious schism terminology

Irongron wrote:

4. No full screen images of the NWN gnome model (might frighten the children)

My decency

Post by My decency » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:53 am

Kuma wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:49 am
The GrumpyCat wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:22 pm
which are fey in racial name only, given that one cannot "use their 4e lore" without annihilating server immersion. So players use 3e lore.

they really should just get the change to giant tbh
Elizabeth 'Jezebel' Kingsley
Yesthyra 'Yessy' Rosewillow
Alais Kingsley
Hunter548 wrote:Sun elves are culturally evil by any standard that isnt slobbing corellons knob

Skytower

Post by Skytower » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:38 am

A noble class of sorts that gains its xp, levels, gold, rewards etc by other player adventurers performing and completing quests (basically just writs) the noble character hands out to them via token.
The adventurers would get better rewards than the current writ system counterpart as they'd need to seek out the noble character to receive their quest and the noble would probably have a very limited number of quests to hand out per day/week.
Divide by fhtagn error. Please restart the game world.

azrael_athing

Post by azrael_athing » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:10 pm

Chaos Gnome

reighbo

Post by reighbo » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:44 pm

Mostly considered as, Lolth's crazy failures, and so, still very much a fact within her realm/religion/reigns. even in "controlled" cities.

Lolth herself, known to "spend time" with them, even after production.

Yet marked FOREVER as clear and understood failures of Lolth ...

Yet possible to find ANY sort of failure redemption via. chaos + evil, from, evil and chaos ?

Or at least of "use" as/is, rather than as/was.

IF accepted, to be as that visible and "hopeful" PRESENT yet constant Reminder, to further elevate themselves over and about.

And even mostly, NOT to fail Lolth.

And be that agreed (Slave) collared, Lolth worshipping : Drider. (male OR female).

To get/be, pre-owned by any, Drow or House/Temple of Lolth "seeking". Drow-Drider ownership RPing possibilities.

OR

An Ooze (not Cube)

An Ooze, that can be limited to ONLY speaking + understanding the Animal language. (might have to keep Common mechanically)

While actually having to learn both the Common (likely kept) + Undercommon languages sum how IG. via other players.

While they are trying to figure out, why the higher intellect goo isn't trying to dissolve them, yet.

I'd more decide final Class choices after "dreamed about approvals" : As the choice options then would be many!

:mrgreen:

Airport Proximity Jesus

Post by Airport Proximity Jesus » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:54 pm

Hag blease
PLEASE lemme play a hag

Also maybe a slaymate
8-) Cool kids wear shades during the endless night 8-)

Security_Blanket

Post by Security_Blanket » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:03 pm

I would like to see either a Harvester Devil or an Erinyes, the reason being that they are the main pushers of a Faustian Pact. While Imps can do it, Harvester Devils are particularly skilled in the corrupting of mortals. Like other devils, they would be able to polymorph into a less threatening appearance in order to lull others into a false sense of security. I think this could be a fun dynamic for some players to actually add that bit of flavor to the contracts signed, and to see the influence of the hells on the prime material. We have plenty of warlocks, any that made a deal with a devil likely made it with a Harvester Devil.

Draco Deleteur
Dreadlord Lucius Blackhand - "All is as Bane wills it."

Xantor_Stromgate
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Xantor_Stromgate » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:33 pm

Level 31+
It's all peaches 'n' cake!

Airport Proximity Jesus

Post by Airport Proximity Jesus » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:15 pm

Security_Blanket wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:03 pm
I would like to see either a Harvester Devil or an Erinyes, the reason being that they are the main pushers of a Faustian Pact. While Imps can do it, Harvester Devils are particularly skilled in the corrupting of mortals. Like other devils, they would be able to polymorph into a less threatening appearance in order to lull others into a false sense of security. I think this could be a fun dynamic for some players to actually add that bit of flavor to the contracts signed, and to see the influence of the hells on the prime material. We have plenty of warlocks, any that made a deal with a devil likely made it with a Harvester Devil.
I'd love to play a Paeliryon too, now that you mention devils
8-) Cool kids wear shades during the endless night 8-)

malcolm_mountainslayer

Post by malcolm_mountainslayer » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:52 pm

A warlock pacted with Trogdor The Burninator who still gets bardic performance, but has no eldritch blast and his/her summon line is dragons with lvl 30 unlocking EDK feat that summons a mere reflection of the great Burninator.

*EDIT*

More seriously, I think a Lich would be cool. You can do the phylactery similar to golems in that they go back to your inventory on server reset. You place your phylactery somewhere (and you become permadead/can't respawn if you do not place it somewhere and it goes back into your inventory. So you still have to consider safe locations even when you log off, but you don't have to worry about not having a living IRL and always protecting your phylactery beyond a reset

Preserver
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Preserver » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:59 am

Silly Preserver Idea #1!

True Ghouls / Shadow Ghouls as playable race.
There is a whole very fascinating description of these particular Ghouls in Shadow Cordor, in the Graveyard, where it's mentioned that they are very cultured and intelligent, growing beyond the savagery of their lower companions.

I like Ghouls!

~ Lladria Sethassiel ~ (Dead!) - ~ Siobhan Gray (Departed!)
~ Elspeth Lynndain (Dead!) - Noasheel Xephrates (Dead!)
~ Yachta - ~ Providence (Dead!)