Surface evil PvP Observations

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Curve

Re: Surface evil PvP Observations

Post by Curve » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:24 pm

As with most conspiracy theories it is not wrong that something happened. What is wrong is asigning dark and malign motives to why they happened, making it out to be a grand conspiracy rather than an explainable event.
The Impregnable Derp wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:31 pm
Realistically the Church of Bane should have been Wharftown'd years ago after they tried to war the rest of the island but wasn't because everyone likes a certain player who was in charge of it at the time.
I suggest gathering your evidence and sending it up the chain of command to Irongron. If it is infact going on, he should do something about it. If not? I guess it's not so dark and mysterious.

Shrouded Wanderer

Post by Shrouded Wanderer » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:25 pm

The Impregnable Derp wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:16 pm
Curve wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:10 pm
You don't get to espouse conspiracy theories about people without getting called out on it. I hope that stops.
So it's a conspiracy theory that the Church of Bane has its own dedicated guild hall that is always going to be for Bane and can never be taken over by any other faith? It's a conspiracy theory that the DM's nuked people with meteors from the sky when they tried to raid it? Even though they emoted it in a shout that was visible to the entirety of the Surface server? Okay then. Guess I'm a conspiracy theorist.
The church of Bane was created to represent one of the largest faiths in Faerun, i dont see you havign an issue with the fact that the radiant heart is three feet away and is a dedicated guildhall to paladins? Or the fact that myon claims to have jurisdiction over the church even though elves frequently oppose the churches view? Or now that guldorand has opened the church is now under its jurisdiction and thus the church cant even do things on its own land without the potential of the sherrif or another imposing exiles to characters they deem to be animators or demon summoners, which encompasses 80% of surface evil (wizards necromancy, blackguards as warlocks, warlocks as obvious, hexblades as obvious) could fall under a category for breaking its laws on their own doorstep?

As well, the church is arguably one of the smallest guildhalls on the server with 7 rooms. But sure its a staging ground for an army, why not. Personally id like to see the church grounds expanded to become a pseudo settlment with an alignment gate to encompass all evil, as the location and history in minmir is enough representation to turn the area, while still bane focused into an antipaladin area with a township roughly the size of guldorand logging camp.

The DMs have also stated on numerous occassions that there are Npcs at the church and thus falls under raid rules.

Again i suggest you play a banite some time, youll change your mind on every single one of your beliefs,

DM Rex

Post by DM Rex » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:07 pm

It appears we've finally reached the limit. While I was not the one to lock the topic, it's gone far enough.
Thank you to those here who engaged in civil, on topic conversation.