Inspired by tomb raiders

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Straxus
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Inspired by tomb raiders

Post by Straxus » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:42 pm

The topic of raiding tombs, and dig spots in graveyards inspired me. It was an excellent conversation on whether people should or should not IC dig or pillage tombs, as in Paladins, and other goodly folk.

It inspired me to start a new character, and also gave me an extreamly hard way to try and play them. I started them in Skal, instead of my common home of. Cordor, so that I have no OOC knowledge of anything. Like starting a whole new game.

We will see how this pans out.
Arod (semi-retired)
Jacho Blake

magistrasa

Re: Inspired by tomb raiders

Post by magistrasa » Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:33 pm

Whenever I'm dungeoneering in crypts and tombs, my goody-two-shoes character always tells their party not to do any chest looting. It's led to lots of fun roleplay scenarios and discussions with annoyed party members, haha. More often than not, you get irate grumbling and glares - but the resulting honest ethical considerations and musings on the nature of undead and greed, have made for some really interesting moments of character development. I hope you have just as much fun with the concept as I have!

× Career Sharran × MILF Supreme × Artist (Allegedly) ×
Will Trade Art For Groceries Again Eventually

Straxus

Re: Inspired by tomb raiders

Post by Straxus » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:55 pm

So I took the gift of wealth, so that will be my income. Set up auto loot to only take gold and healing kits, the gold will be donated.

Just some interesting ideas came to mind for playing an ultra good character in a semi chaotic area. Main reason I chose to not go into Cordor... I think it would be more a political journey than a moral one... Skal, i think will really force me to be my character, without that big Goverment support.

If that makes sense.

I have never played a lawful good character in the 30 years I have played D&D. I once made an Anti- paladin. My favorite evil character was a Priest of Cyric. I played him to Epics, that game took 15 or so years to come to an ultimate and fitting end.
Arod (semi-retired)
Jacho Blake