Tips for my first drow

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Stargeek

Tips for my first drow

Post by Stargeek » Mon May 10, 2021 4:36 am

I've been super eager to get in to some drow RP and after the ordeal of remembering how to play NWN again and getting used to and falling in love with Arelith I'm ready to get in to things on my drow sorceress, but I have a hard time just inserting myself in to RP especially when there's so much already established and going on. I'd figure joining a house would be my best road but I'd like some tips on where to go to get that started or what else there might be. Right now I'm just doing laps around Andunor slowly gearing and doing writs trying to find some sort of circle it would make sense to throw myself in but it hasn't worked and there's gotta be a better way :lol:

My discord is StarSorc#4947 if you wanna message me about stuff directly, I'm really excited to get my fingers in to things I could just use a point in the right direction.

Thank you guys in advance, I hope you're ready for the incoming drowma.

Mommy Talvana

Stargeek

Re: Tips for my first drow

Post by Stargeek » Tue May 11, 2021 12:23 am

Gee thanks. Wiki links instead of any actual advice for a brand new UD player is exactly what I wanted.

Mommy Talvana

Dr. B

Post by Dr. B » Tue May 11, 2021 12:33 am

I think with your grateful and likeable attitude you're going to fit in well.

Stargeek

Post by Stargeek » Tue May 11, 2021 12:37 am

Dr. B wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 12:33 am
I think with your grateful and likeable attitude you're going to fit in well.
I can tell since in my month here every single question I've asked has been met with snide remarks and straight rudeness. Obviously I don't have a place in the server

Mommy Talvana

Dr. B

Post by Dr. B » Tue May 11, 2021 12:57 am

Well, regardless of whether I in fact was, I was trying to be helpful, and you responded with angry sarcasm. If that's what you're generally like when people try to help you, I won't mourn your departure.

Stargeek

Post by Stargeek » Tue May 11, 2021 1:29 am

Dr. B wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 12:57 am
Well, regardless of whether I in fact was, I was trying to be helpful, and you responded with angry sarcasm. If that's what you're generally like when people try to help you, I won't mourn your departure.
Then you know what I apologize, every time I've asked a question on the discord I was met with straight rudeness and an unnecessary link to the wiki, and outside of the circle I made I'm treated like an idiot for asking a question. My question was not on drow background, more maybe when I can coordinate with a matron mother about just getting past the maze of cliques or something along those lines. If this is information I can't get OOC then fine, I'd just prefer to not be talked down to when I'm being told that and still getting a hold of the server. I apologize for my rudeness, with how people have been I assumed it was a jab and wasn't willing to ignore it again but it was short sighted of me.

That being said this topic went somewhere else, can we just get it gone?

Mommy Talvana