Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Ork
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Re: Who do you love to hate?

Post by Ork » Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:09 am

Sadrithos wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:33 pm
I avoid people after negative interactions, so I don't really understand the concept. I've never had fun in a conflict, too many people focused on making you feel miserable to make themselves feel special. No one cares if the one who loses has any fun, they just want to rp torture from my experience.
Get out of your head, dawg.

AstralUniverse

Post by AstralUniverse » Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:56 am

Sadrithos wrote:
I avoid people after negative interactions, so I don't really understand the concept. I've never had fun in a conflict, too many people focused on making you feel miserable to make themselves feel special. No one cares if the one who loses has any fun, they just want to rp torture from my experience.
That's really sad to hear you think that. Since some of these hateful characters (and especially some of those mentioned in this thread) really went many miles and invested time and thought to make it fun for their enemies.
Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too

fulminea

Post by fulminea » Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:12 am

Ork wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:09 am
Sadrithos wrote:
It happens and its a fair point. I remember just when I was fairly new to this server my char got dragged in the worst RP for 5 rl hours over a trivial misunderstanding and no one had any regard for my experience in this, leaving me with a disgusted and alienated feeling. If this happened to me again I'd immediatly report it. Luckily there are some fun experiences with excellent villains every now and then. People get dragged through some highly questionable scenarios sometimes that go completely unchecked and I believe that is what this post is about.

Kuma
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Kuma » Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:03 am

myself

House Freth: Reference Information
House Claddath: Reference Information
"What's a heretic?": a guide to religious schism terminology

Irongron wrote:

4. No full screen images of the NWN gnome model (might frighten the children)

Aleilsum Ellrum
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Aleilsum Ellrum » Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:20 pm

fulminea wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:12 am
Ork wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:09 am
Sadrithos wrote:
It happens and its a fair point. I remember just when I was fairly new to this server my char got dragged in the worst RP for 5 rl hours over a trivial misunderstanding and no one had any regard for my experience in this, leaving me with a disgusted and alienated feeling. If this happened to me again I'd immediatly report it. Luckily there are some fun experiences with excellent villains every now and then. People get dragged through some highly questionable scenarios sometimes that go completely unchecked and I believe that is what this post is about.
I remember you posting about that. It was awful.

Most of my pvp experiences have been awful - either no prior rp or absolutely minimal. I reported, but it kept on happening.

Two exceptions, a great bandit in the Bramble Woods. My char 'lost' but the bandit just made it so much fun that it was a pleasure to lose, and another incident late on a friday night after a long week where a pixie started bullying a companion and my char in Arelith forest. What made that great was that I sent a polite tell saying "it's fun, but we're just too tired right now, could we meet another day?" and they were nothing but polite and kind oocly about it. I'd gladly meet them again.

As for the other see-you-beat-you-up villains steamrollering you, it's just not fun.

Curve

Post by Curve » Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:35 pm

This is a weird thread, part kudos and part self congratulations in the form of jokingly saying ‘myself’. Aside from that I’ll say that I feel you guys saying you’ve had bad experiences. Arelith can throw you some real bad situations sometimes and then just when you are about to throw your hands up in frustration someone will come along and blow your mind with how much fun they are to play with. I have had the pleasure of playing with so many good adversaries that I can’t begin to type them out. I guess I’m just saying, hang tight cause there are some cool people out there.

Kuma
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Kuma » Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:38 pm

Curve wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:35 pm
part self congratulations in the form of jokingly saying ‘myself’.
it's a meme about being self-deprecating and hating myself not thinking i'm hot shit in a champagne glass

House Freth: Reference Information
House Claddath: Reference Information
"What's a heretic?": a guide to religious schism terminology

Irongron wrote:

4. No full screen images of the NWN gnome model (might frighten the children)

Curve

Post by Curve » Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:35 pm

My mistake. I thought it was the other way around.

Haroshia
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Haroshia » Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:02 pm

Curve wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:35 pm
This is a weird thread, part kudos and part self congratulations in the form of jokingly saying ‘myself’. Aside from that I’ll say that I feel you guys saying you’ve had bad experiences. Arelith can throw you some real bad situations sometimes and then just when you are about to throw your hands up in frustration someone will come along and blow your mind with how much fun they are to play with. I have had the pleasure of playing with so many good adversaries that I can’t begin to type them out. I guess I’m just saying, hang tight cause there are some cool people out there.
I think the spirit of things here is more a thread to give props to people who you have had positive antagonistic interactions with. The myself bit is more peak millennial memes. I didn't say myself because I don't LOVE to hate myself so it would be inaccurate. :lol:
Tove Auburnridge

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by The Rambling Midget » Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:11 pm

Kuma wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:03 am
myself
yourself
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

Seven Sons of Sin

Post by Seven Sons of Sin » Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:17 am

Godfrey.

Rowan Willows.

Elderith Ashalley.

Emma Young.

(I play LG characters)
Previous:
Oskarr of Procampur, Ro Irokon, Nahal Azyen, Nelehein Afsana (of Impiltur), Vencenti Medici, Nizram ali Balazdam, (Roznik) Naethandreil

EnigmaticSpirit
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by EnigmaticSpirit » Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:59 am

Kessarin wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:17 pm
Fleur Allure - someone who is annoying IC (at least in the view of my PC) without being a drain on fun.
Freaking seconded!
IC: Ugh!
OOC: LMAO! Such fun, do it again!

Sadrithos

Post by Sadrithos » Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:30 pm

AstralUniverse wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:56 am
Sadrithos wrote:
That's really sad to hear you think that. Since some of these hateful characters (and especially some of those mentioned in this thread) really went many miles and invested time and thought to make it fun for their enemies.
I wish I had ever encountered that in my time here. You are fortunate, good villains are important.
Current Characters:
Galen Gallows, Burden of Heartwood.
Rauverie La'Fane, #1 Dad.

TheEssence

Post by TheEssence » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:47 pm

Seven Sons of Sin wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:17 am
Godfrey.

Rowan Willows.

Elderith Ashalley.

Emma Young.

(I play LG characters)
That's some long lasting hate! :lol:

Also, somewhat flattering being among those names.

Lot of loving hate back to you! <3

Adora Ashallin - Back to mainland (Rolled)
Farnese Vannucci - Left the island (Rolled)
Akari Steelcold - Back to Kozakura (Rolled)
Elderith Ashalley - Serving in Celestia (Rolled)

Airport Proximity Jesus

Post by Airport Proximity Jesus » Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:54 am

Sadrithos wrote:
I wildly disagree with your mindset, but I slightly agree! I dont understand loving to hate someone because I have too much fun partaking in a good antagonist to properly hate them, or even get immersed in my character's reaction to them.

The only characters I 'hate' are poorly executed ones
8-) Cool kids wear shades during the endless night 8-)

Obscure

Post by Obscure » Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:56 am

Everyone!

--Lady of the Hand, Minmir

Fava Beans

Post by Fava Beans » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:43 pm

I have had my share of unpleasant interactions to be sure, some of them even caused me to take long breaks from NwN.

HOWEVER! there have been a few encounters that really stood out to me, some were very brief, i dont even remember who was involved in those, as for the folks i can think of off the top of my head;

Zelos xunviir is a name i would point out, who was willing to go the extra step to promote RP even after *some stuff happened* he took a situation that made me sour and it became quite a lovely RP experience.

Hilda Dwarfsmasher! even though my direct interaction was limited, you made a huge push to generate RP, even though i was on opposite sides, the work you did gave some pretty life altering RP for two of my characters

Pontiff, oh pontiff, may you ever haunt my nightmares

Wotan Woodberry, you damn grumpy old gnome, i cherish my memories in the nomad dearly! you may not think it but the internal conflicts that were generated from our RP led to some peculiar and very fun destinations

La Villa Strangiato

Post by La Villa Strangiato » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:58 am

smh at no ud players saying lysanthir ellenocen because lysanthir ellenocen

the whole core shevarashi ideology is "kill the drow", but snake has always made it super fun to suddenly encounter a spooky black archer in the wild without so much as pressing !. even when i was a lowbie and had no chance of killing a fully buffed monk he still managed to make it tense and engaging. also props to him for being fair in pvp when we do encounter each other on even fields <3
Senrae
Saraskyn
Kallava Okaide
Nemerarie Athol
Rio Salazar