Adam needs YOUR help

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

triaddraykin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Adam needs YOUR help

Post by triaddraykin » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:40 pm

Arelith, we need to help one of our own.

You might've seen this going around on discord if you play in Guldorand, and GrumpyCat was so kind as to provide approval to have this posted to the general Arelith community. Obligatory notice to get approval before putting something like this up, please.

Link to the GoFundMe

I could write up something grand and eloquent but I think these heartfelt words from Jacob Swift's player say more than I ever could. I will be posting this both here and in the official Discord. Please discuss and share.
EdwardTank: Adam is currently looking for 2.5k to avoid being made homeless. My thoughts were we ask people who know him. unofficial Guldy, Arelith, etc.

I was trying to write up something that best put forwards what was going on, and how someone could help, if need be.

This is the writeup I got half completed to Lansert before I realized I needed assistance in figuring out what to do.

Hey. I have a question to ask.

You know Ghosts_abyss?

played Kazen, Victor?

He's really in need of some help right now. It's a long story, but he's in danger of being made homeless.

He's disabled, unable to work, and immunocompromised. I don't know how to help him other than asking for help while he tries and gets everything sorted.

He needs about two thousand five hundred to have a place to stay.

Would it be ok if we set up some sort of announcement thing on the Unofficial Guldy?
There have been significant contributions so far, and we're over halfway to helping Adam and his wife through this. I've known him OOC for years, met on Arelith, and all I can say is if anyone deserves this charity and aid, it's him.

Some information from Adam himself on the situation:
Adam: "I have Stage One Congestive Heart Failure. Basically, we have valves in our heart that controls our flow of blood. The main valve; the left ventricle, is supposed to operate at roughly 70-80% efficiency to be considered healthy. Mine is operating at 13%, and I'm stuck on medication the rest of my life. Doctors haven't allowed me to physically work in seven years due to the risks exertion causes to my health. With Covid, going outside is exceedingly dangerous for me, because I already spend 80% of the year sick due to a severely compromised immune system.

Our roommates broke the lease early and we need to get enough money to make the first and last months payment on a new apartment. Otherwise we'll be out on the street. Anything you could spare would be helpful for me and my wife."
And an update from him on the GFM page:
Hello, everyone. I wanted to take a moment to thank not only Rob for getting this page going, but every one of you that's given and shown support. This is a difficult situation, and one I never expected to find myself in. I admit, my mind was not going to good places, seeing the time constriction and what the outcome was.

But you're support and willingness to help has aided in redirecting my thoughts to something more positive. It's helped me to feel that this can actually turn around and work out. On behalf of my wife and I; from the bottom of my heart.. Thank you.
Finally, to help with the cause, Inner Bloom [Nevve] the amazing artist is down to do 3-5 commissions, and putting all proceeds towards this cause. They are innerbloom#5816 on Discord, or innerbloom on the forums here, and are open to messages about this. Here is a sample of their work:
Alia: The uncanny knack of Angela Amana to make the otherwise perpetually well-mannered girl lose her temper and be HORRIBLY ASHAMED afterwards.

Who on the Team to PM and When
Public Tower Discord
Tower Library
Scroll, Wand, & Potion Costs

magistrasa

Re: Adam needs YOUR help

Post by magistrasa » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:59 am

This is something very close to my heart, as someone who's lived under the seemingly constant threat of homelessness since I was a kid. I'm not sure I ever interacted with this person in-game or even out, but my heart goes out to them. I don't really have much in the way of money to spend, but after talking a little bit with triaddraykin I figured, hey, don't I sometimes pretend to be an artist? Maybe that's enough to make a difference.

So, I'm volunteering to draw a little sketch or doodle or cartoon avatar for anyone who can show they donated $30 or more to this campaign. You can send proof, along with whatever request you have, over discord (@magistrasa#1303), email (jtomazart@gmail.com), or private message on the forums.

In my experience, the people on this server are extraordinarily generous and kind, so much so that I'm sure you don't even need the incentive. But even so, I guess in part I just want to do this to show my appreciation to this community, who have so often helped me through dark times of my own. I know I'm not tangibly affected by any of this, but I still feel a profound sense of gratitude to anyone who reaches out to contribute. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for helping this person.

× Career Sharran × MILF Supreme × Artist (Allegedly) ×
Will Trade Art For Groceries Again Eventually

Talvenlapsi

Post by Talvenlapsi » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:07 pm

I'll pitch in too with Magi, since I cannot contribute monetary right now, I'll also offer anyone who donates 10-29$ to the cause a small emoji or whatever in a simple, similar style to the ones put below. (Up to 29 because anyone above 30 can go bug Magi with more quality stuff!). Feel free to contact me through discord at Talvi#4702, or Forum PM's with a proof of your donation! (Also send me pic of your desired character and what kind of emoji you like.)
Warning: Quality is as in the pictures, these are best I can handle during handling IRL move. But maybe someone will like it!

Image Image
You need the Dark in order to show the Light.
- Left the Isle: Sabre Brightburst, Liberty, Lila Havenfall, Lillaniarin Dragonsbane, Avidelra Aza'Athreen, Hexflaerin Amav'fer, Eclipse Silverbane

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Post by Irongron » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:00 pm

I've commissioned a number of portraits for the Arelith Community from Innerbloom, as detailed above.

I believe this can both serve to help the player in need, and provide something for the community.

As for the portraits themselves, I'd you all to decide what they could be.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=34959

garrbear758

Post by garrbear758 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:38 pm

2 days. That's all it took. I am so proud of our community.
You've done it [Garrbear], you've kicked the winemom nest. -Redacted