A Word of Thanks

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

ShadowsFall

A Word of Thanks

Post by ShadowsFall » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:01 pm

Hello, Arelithians.

Ghosts_Abyss/Shrouds_Abyss/ShadowsFall/Kazen Selizar/Viktor Drevan here.. or as recently been revealed.. Adam. I cannot express how much the overwhelming support and love shown from this Community means to me. Two days. I have been wrestling with my own thoughts, and trying to come up with solutions due to my limitations for the last couple of months, when this all first started. I thought I could come up with the answer. I thought the chess pieces would line up, and the way to accomplishing what I later came to consider an impossible task, would reveal itself. I don't know if it was pride, or shame, or a feeling of guilt that made me think that I couldn't reach out to friends and ask for help. Hypocritical, perhaps.. since I always try to help people when I'm able to, but wasn't able to ask for it myself.

Sure, one could mention reaching out to family. And I did. My parents are currently going through a legal matter from a former employee of theirs embezzling money from their company. My brothers are worthless, and threw their lives away for drugs and crime. My options for seeking help were limited, given those circumstances. But the other night, I finally broke down and informed a friend about what was going on, and the fears that I was wrestling with. Told them that it was all done; there was no recovering or saving what was happening. I'd have no choice but to accept it when the time came, and end up homeless.. which would essentially be very dangerous for me, given my health complications.

And then the GoFundMe page was made. Admittedly, I didn't have high expectations or hopes. I've seen so many people try to raise money for good reasons, only for it to fall flat and fail. But I figured, anything was better than nothing, and I was out of options. Before the first 24 hours, over $1,200 was raised. I woke up to that, and was floored. I read over the comments left from those who chose to do so, and it was overwhelming. I'd be lying if I said I didn't get emotional. The support, love and words of encouragement were truly touching. As I was able, I tried to thank each one of you individually (apologies if I did miss anyone). I told my wife, and she was shocked. I still don't think the shock has left her.

Day two. Not even 48 hours.. and the goal has been reached, and exceeded. My wife is absolutely speechless, and I think I've had to dry my face about four times now. Dust keeps getting in my eyes, I think.. ;) All joking aside, thank you everyone. I'll never be able to thank you enough, or express exactly how appreciative I am of the rally you've all answered for my aid. I gave up on hope, and thinking it would all work out.. but you've given me back that hope. You've made me believe that things are going to work out in the end, and given me the means to ensure that such is the case. Arelith has been a large part of my life since near the beginning of its own life. I've had my moments of breaks here and there, but have always returned in some capacity. The connections made aren't to be taken lightly.

And this community once more proves that to be true. So thank you. Thank you a million times over, and thank you even more after that. I'm going to bring this post to a close, so I can go deal with the dust getting in my eyes again.

With Love and Appreciation,
Adam
Plays as:
Viktor Drevan - Current Main - Active
Brynjar Sigurdson - Alt - Semi-Active

Talvenlapsi

Re: A Word of Thanks

Post by Talvenlapsi » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:07 pm

Glad to hear you'll make another day Champ. This seems to be something very unique to tight knit gaming communities, I feel like they're always out to help each others in need, even in case where in-game they might be enemies to each others.
Once again, honestly, this community , as much as it can be raging dumpsterfire at times, suprises me by how amazing it is.

Keep rolling on friend, glad to hear you can keep roof ontop of your head! <3
You need the Dark in order to show the Light.
- Left the Isle: Sabre Brightburst, Liberty, Lila Havenfall, Lillaniarin Dragonsbane, Avidelra Aza'Athreen, Hexflaerin Amav'fer, Eclipse Silverbane

2cwldys

Post by 2cwldys » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:41 am

Arelith to me is a community that keeps on giving.
I hope and wish you nothing but the absolute best in life, for you and your loved ones. Glad things are improving.

If you ever need anyone to play with, simply speak to, or to coincide playtimes and create concepts- shoot me an inbox message or you can contact me on discord, here: 2cwldys#4181
Login: Fetch My Wine Jean-Luc

Serenity
Dynfynnel
William Waynolt
Ashard Brinsbane
Rognar Hellbelch
Teclis Vyshaan
Taurus
Auwaelyn
Avelyn Xun'viir
Beldrin Xun'viir
Maddie Ayloud
Benny Wiselot
Xadrin Ssambra

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Post by Irongron » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:32 am

While there are certainly exceptions, most of those people i have encountered in life who enjoy any degree of privilege and security, do so because they have people to support them - from the very outset they are provided for, and need never face the spectre of want or homelessness.

Insecurity, and even hunger, are entirely abstract ideas. For so many others though, they are not.

A good friend once told me, in a time of considerable hardship many years ago, never to feel shame or hesitation in asking for support, because we all of us deserve it.

I wish you all the best through what must be a difficult time, but the one piece of advice I can share is the same that was given to me - hold your head up.

magistrasa

Post by magistrasa » Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:02 am

I've run out of words with which to express my admiration for this community, and my relief at knowing you don't have to worry about where you'll be in a few weeks. You've been in my thoughts constantly ever since I saw the call for help, and I'm very glad that everything turned out so well so quickly. It really gives me hope for when I face my own hardships, because this feels like proof of a goodness in the world that nothing can ever diminish.

Hope things keep getting better for you, dude. We're all rooting for you.

× Career Sharran × MILF Supreme × Artist (Allegedly) ×
Will Trade Art For Groceries Again Eventually

Dovesong

Post by Dovesong » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:03 pm

I'm out of the loop of what's going on, as RL has kind of pulled me into an endless cycle of 13 hour workdays, but if you ever need someone to rant to, I'm about.

I hope everything's lining up for you! Sending good thoughts!
In'iira - Woman of Many Talents.

Lily-Rose - Daughter of the storm