The Swag. The Merch. The Brand.

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

magistrasa

The Swag. The Merch. The Brand.

Post by magistrasa » Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:03 pm

This post is the first thing I'm doing after waking up so forgive me if I make absolutely no sense, my brain isn't on yet.

I had some extremely vivid dreams last night of waking up on Christmas morning to the absolute delight of being gifted T-shirts, keychains, and other related products emblazoned with Arelith-related symbology and memeology. (Hilariously, the age-old Christmas conundrum was also featured, where my aunt got me a shirt with the Brogendenstein flag on it and I had to pretend I cared at all about Brogendenstein. Sorry dwarves, we just never hang out.)

It prompts me to wonder - will there ever be a future in which Arelith will have an online store for me to spend way too much money on?

Obviously there's a lot of reasons why there wouldn't be - presumably every symbol that comes from NWN is copyrighted, finding the right online provider to supply the store would likely be a hassle, and I'm sure it'd be difficult to discuss the terms of use with artists for designs. Not to mention the ethical questions! But even so, it's something that I'd love to see happen one day, because waking up from that dream was a sore disappointment. I just want to be able to wear Arelith as a hat. I want to store my money in an Arelith wallet. I want to be decked out in Arelith bling. I want to stride down the street with a swagger sourced from my Arelith sneakers.

For the curious, my gifts in the dream included:
- 1 gnomescape tee
- 2 settlement flag tees (Myon & Brogendenstein)
- 1 framed canvas of the Arelith world map (probably the coolest one)
- 1 keychain with a 3D print of my NWN character model (which was initially cool but then immediately inconvenient because of all the sharp edges of our low-poly graphics)
- 1 Nintendo Wii remote with an Arelith-themed skin (don't ask me how, I just remember looking at it and thinking "oh, that's an Arelith themed skin," even though my brain cannot conceptualize it)
- 1 copy of the standalone Wii title "Arelith," which connects directly to the server and somehow has motion controls integrated (I didn't play it because motion controls suck and I wanted to play Pokemon Colosseum with Bat Country instead)

× Career Sharran × MILF Supreme × Artist (Allegedly) ×
Will Trade Art For Groceries Again Eventually

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Re: The Swag. The Merch. The Brand.

Post by Sincra » Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:06 pm

So. The good news.
https://www.redbubble.com/people/Arelit ... der=recent
Top right!
Not sure if it's everything you mentioned, or if you already knew of it, but hey, there it is.
Irongron wrote:I've literally never used -guard on anyone.

magistrasa

Re: The Swag. The Merch. The Brand.

Post by magistrasa » Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:10 pm

Oh my god WHAT, where did this link COME FROM

I could have sworn it existed, I just couldn't find it right now so I thought I just dreamed it up, LMAO

I bet it doesn't exist on the mobile version and that's why I missed it

× Career Sharran × MILF Supreme × Artist (Allegedly) ×
Will Trade Art For Groceries Again Eventually