Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Arelith Timeline Project

Post by Edens_Fall » Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:57 pm

Shrouded Wanderer wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:38 pm
I think while many projects like this have issues. A bigger issue is that something like this never ends up maintained.

There are plenty of historical things that will be recorded incorrectly, and if things need to get changed with evidence they should. But gathering a timeline like this regardless of inaccuracies allows for something a lot BETTER, which is, a living record.

Something noticable happens it can be recorded that month or week from now on, yeah? And thus the inaccuracies become limited to what came before and not what will come after.

This is insanely important.

That being said, one bit of history i can assist with is a parallel history that quite often gets overidden -- i can assist in any way need be of Banite history from 110 AR to present, and have firsthand accounts from players as far back as 40 AR.

As someone who is essentially playing a banite historian (among other things) can commit lords of minmir and some of their command of notables and events.

Thw banite history is one of, if not THE most difficult thing to record as its quite often cleared of historical data almost every 6 months IRL time.
I am more then happy to welcome your knowledge! So far the biggest challenge we are facing is a lack of information, or those willing to share it. I chauk it up to this being a new things and people's experiences with the last attempt at a timeline. Eitherway as things go on I hope people submit more of thier stories to be recorded.

Dreams

Post by Dreams » Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:11 am

I'm still confused by this project. Is this IC? Is this OOC? If it's OOC, why is it being made up from IC accounts (which are inaccurate in many cases)? Why wouldn't the same thing just be more achievable IC anyway, which is a way that people can interact with it? If it's IC, why is there a verification process happening by people who aren't Arelith staff? How do I raise disputes with clear misinformation found in the timeline?

Void

Post by Void » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:52 am

Dreams wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:11 am
I'm still confused by this project. Is this IC? Is this OOC?
It is OOC and unofficial as stated by Irongorn on the first page.
Dreams wrote:
Why wouldn't the same thing just be more achievable IC anyway,
Wouldn't be, as many participants are gone without a trace and cannot be found.
Another forum ban, here we go again.

Nitro

Post by Nitro » Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:20 am

There's some interesting wording in a couple of these posts that smells a lot like people trying to pretty up events in their favor.

137 AR Brog/Myon posts. The issue wasn't just labor used as punishment, but a slave collar being used to actually enslave a kobold.
160 AR Cordor post. The Von Brandts didn't have any power over Sibayad and Cordor didn't make peace with Sibayad, just the Von Brandts.
Likewise the Sibayad posts of 159-162AR. Again, many of these posts say things like "Marshaled against Sibayad" "Sibayad Force" when it really should just be the Von Brandts as even the previous post immediately before mentions the event where the DM's had to step in and tell them to stop trying to act as the owners of Sibayad.

Void

Post by Void » Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:35 pm

Nitro wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:20 am
There's some interesting wording in a couple of these posts that smells a lot like people trying to pretty up events in their favor.
(Apparently that's concern for people?)
I kinda do not understand why would someone try to do that when both the character and events are long gone.
Another forum ban, here we go again.

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:56 pm

Dreams wrote:
I'm still confused by this project. Is this IC? Is this OOC? If it's OOC, why is it being made up from IC accounts (which are inaccurate in many cases)? Why wouldn't the same thing just be more achievable IC anyway, which is a way that people can interact with it? If it's IC, why is there a verification process happening by people who aren't Arelith staff? How do I raise disputes with clear misinformation found in the timeline?
Most have been contacting us directly on discord or the forum if they see an issue which we address.

Both IG and OOC are collected due to the fact not every player is still around nor wishes to step forward with accounts. If an IG source, mostly writings, is used we try the polish the bias out of it and keep to the event. However I have learned someone will general speak up if they see an issue with these entries to which we correct.

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:00 pm

Nitro wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:20 am

137 AR Brog/Myon posts. The issue wasn't just labor used as punishment, but a slave collar being used to actually enslave a kobold.
160 AR Cordor post. The Von Brandts didn't have any power over Sibayad and Cordor didn't make peace with Sibayad, just the Von Brandts.
Likewise the Sibayad posts of 159-162AR. Again, many of these posts say things like "Marshaled against Sibayad" "Sibayad Force" when it really should just be the Von Brandts as even the previous post immediately before mentions the event where the DM's had to step in and tell them to stop trying to act as the owners of Sibayad.
The 137 AR entry was corrected recently after that was pointed out if I recall. As far as the Brandt entries, those will be reviewed by an editor other than myself as time allows. There are alot of entries with new ones being added and we are all volunteers. So please allow some wiggle room in time for corrections.

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:38 pm

Hello Everyone!!! I have recently finished the last of the Timelines edits. If anyone spots any mistakes please let me know.

Otherwise feel free to continue submitting your stories for addition!