Arelith Timeline Project

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Arelith Timeline Project

Post by Edens_Fall » Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:55 pm

(((IRONGRON EDITING - PLEASE READ MY REPLY IMMEDIATELY BELOW THIS)))

The Goal of the Arelith Timeline Project is to create an "OOC History Archive for Arelith" in order to record events and player stories that would otherwise be lost IG.

This project is open to everyone!

Current Timeline: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

For multiple reasons, the project is being handled through Google docs with plans for a better format in the future.

I encourage anyone who would like to share their stories to submit them to me either through the forum or Discord: EdensFall#4504

The Project currently has a discord for active questions and comments. Anyone who plays on Arelith may join.

All wishing to submit an entry please use the below guidance,

Submission Guidelines:

* Include year(s) events happened, Location, and a short write up. (See below example)
* Write-ups should be from a third-person point of view and free of IG/PC bias (To all extent possible). Think of a history book!
* Entries should be appropriate for historical value. They should be of a type of information that would warrant recording in historical writing. If you have any concerns over what might qualify, please look to the timeline itself for reference!
* This is a living timeline, however any entries on current PC's submitted can be withheld until a later time. We have no interest in sharing META of current "living" PC's or Active plots. However recently "rolled" PC's or Plotlines that have ended can be added.

ENTRY EXAMPLE: (09 AR Cordor) In a conflict name the "First Sharran War" that lasted several weeks, the streets of Cordor were transformed into a battlefield as partisans led by Aristotlus, Sway Sand, and Kaeshan Se'Lhane drove the Black Witch and her Sharran followers from the Arcane Tower. Allana would later be beheaded in a public execution.

All Contributors shall be given credit.

Anyone who sees a mistake or issue with any entry can submit a correction entry to me with additional information for review. It is not uncommon for entries to be missing information as most players only know the story from their perspective.

All submissions will be reviewed by our editors for correctness.

If you have any questions please feel free to reach out!

Thank you!

Special Thanks to the EA team whose posts and timeline provided the base for this project!

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Arelith Timeline Project

Post by Irongron » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:29 pm

Hi, just a quick intrusion on the project. I'll vanish again in a moment...

While similar to the previous Encyclopedia, I must stress, as the author has, that this is NOT official. The history presented here may freely be ignored or contradicted in-game, and there is no obligation for players to learn it.

I'm keenly aware how much characters and their histories mean to our players here, for many the bond they share with their character is genuinely meaningful - they draw or commission portraits, write fiction, and use it as inspiration for many years, taking real pride in the role they played on Arelith.

That being said such project are also dangerous territory, for the very same reason; by writing about the achievements or perspective of our characters we can leave others feel ignored, sidelined, or directly challenged. While I am certain the writers have no intention to wound feelings, others can come away feeling resentful, or at the extremes, bullied. I do, however applaud such projects as this, and it gives me a great feeling to see our players so inspired in this way.

Please do keep in mind the following points though -

- Do not 'out' people's in game secrets, such as memberships or alliances. This is especially important in the case Zhentarim, Pirates, and Harpers.

- Do not use histories to air old grievances, or wilfully undermine the legacy of other players.

- Keep this HISTORICAL - Do not write recent history of characters currently in game, or naratives that are still ongoing. That information needs to be in game only.

- Do not reveal FOIG locations, such as for obtain summoning Streams, Boons, or solutions to 'puzzle' dungeons.

And finally, once again, please do not read any of my above statements as any kind of official remprimand of this project. Writing about one's Arelith experience, and one's characters are really a core part of the appeal for many of our players.

Ork
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Ork » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:22 pm

I do believe that events lost to time are genuinely a good thing. When we had EA, it was cool reading about some of these characters but when you meet some in game you're left feeling underwhelmed. Some of the characters of old wrote about their laurels without actually earning them in game, and I think that is my biggest suspicion with this project.

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:23 pm

Your intrusions are always welcome Irongron!

Thank you for your thoughts, guidance, and clarifications.

Curve

Post by Curve » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:45 pm

I’ve been on Arelith a bunch of years and almost without exception when I witness something in game and later see a history account of it in an ooc platform it is based and basically the same telling as the writers in character telling of events because people want to be seen in particular ways. For that reason I get weird vibes about this sort of thing.

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Sincra » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:02 pm

As a long time player I echo what Ork has said and the awareness that Curve put forward.
The EA was described to me, back when I started playing, as a place to self aggrandise and push a narrative of general importance where there was none, a place where the filter by players put in charge dictated what did and didn't get into history.

I believe recording history IC is fine as one can argue the motives and accuracy in the same medium of record, but OOC records leave a bad taste for me.
This sort of document creates, intentionally or not, a "correct" world view that players who are gone/not interested in this project/restricted on time will be unable to give input.

Regardless of how accurate the editors perceive an item, the stories have two or more sides and I fear new players may see this gathering as written fact supported by the community at large, instead of finding it in a more natural and nuanced manner.

Edit: A minor addition, I share Irongron's enthusiasm for community led projects.
It's just my personal view that on Arelith the victor decides history and since death isn't permanent the victor is the one that spreads their version of events most effectively and persists longest.
Irongron wrote:I've literally never used -guard on anyone.

Irongron

Post by Irongron » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:25 pm

Writing fiction off the back of RPGs, and chronicling the events that take place really are part and parcel of this kind of game, be in a CRPG, MMO and standard Pen & Paper game. The whole 'Talent Show' section of these forums amounts to very much the same thing. So long as a project like this has the clarification I gave above is heeded, I don't think we need to wade in and spoil their project with accusations and negativity - if you don't like it, ignore it.

A great many people do love this kind of thing, and so long as it isn't 'official', I've no issue at all with it, as I said above.

I think enough as been said about the scepticism some feel over these projects, I don't want this thread derailed further - the irony is that making someone feel publicly ashamed or unwelcome for doing a project like this, is no better than presenting a one-sided history. This really is exactly like the EA. Is it my cup of tea? Not really, no, but I'm sure not going to throw cold water over it for those that are motivated to take part.

Inordinate
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Inordinate » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:27 pm

I concur with the opinions shared thus far. I much prefer an in-game effort of some kind for this sort of thing rather than an out of character one. Having an OOC record reinforces the prevailing 'meme' of people quoting the FR Wiki (accurate to 3.x lore or not) verbatim during RP to try to assert knowledge authority or accuracy and doing it with Arelith-specific content would only worsen this behavior in my eyes. It doesn't matter how hard the maintainers or even IG iterate that it's not definitive, endorsed, or official, etc.; it only offers a means for people to force a 'correct' narrative that cannot be argued with without breaking the 4th wall to address the metacontext of the record.

At least in game sources of information can be objected to, argued, or outright wrong by design through roleplay efforts.

As an aside, the fact that some events included are ones that you directly took part of with your own character(s) already is a concern to me. Who is the arbiter as to whether or not those are historically noteworthy?
If need there comes to shelter my ship on the flood;
The wind I calm upon the waves, and the sea I put to sleep

Party in the forest at midnight

Post by Party in the forest at midnight » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:30 am

I'm not really a fan of this sort of thing because I like doing this sort of thing in-game. But a major shortcoming of what's being presented in the document is that it's so vague. There are SO MANY details left out.

To give an example, the major holdup for me finishing a book on Vance's history is the Brandt era. Just 3 or so in-game years, but there was so much intrigue going on it makes putting together a coherent timeline difficult. It's taken me more time to do this than anything else in the book. It wasn't just about the Brandts. The Brandts were a front. They enabled a lot of other groups to be in Sibayad. They had secret meetings with drow houses, the Velsharrans (were possibly even part of their cult, they were necromancers and had a necromancy lab), they met with Sidney Harrow. And this is just scratching the surface of it. THAT'S why people talked about them. THAT'S why people cared who they were. It had nothing to do with anything else they did. So you wrote that there was pressure from Myon and Cordor, but you didn't really explain why there was pressure. And that part was the meat of the story.

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:38 am

First I would like to say how much I adore the EA. It's a wonderful source of IG writings and defiantly worth looking through. That being said, as it is a repository of IG writings, the only input is from those that took the time to write something IG. Not every PC is an author and I respect that. I do feel everyone who wants to share their PC's story should have the chance however.

That is the goal of the Project. A place for players to share their character's stories. Will it be biased? I would say that is subject to the reader. Every story has at least two sides to be told and if only one side wants to share the event, then that is all there is to work with. If more than one account of the same event is given then both will be worked in. If something stands out as clearly wrong, please let us know so it can be looked into.

A project is only as successful as the effort and information put into it. While I would love to know the details of everything, it just isn't possible. So in advance, I apologize if an entry seems incorrect or one-sided. All I can do is extend the chance for anyone to add their own version of the event as well.

Post by Party in the forest at midnight » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:43 am

What about all of the existing accounts? There's a lot of records in-game. Which adds to the concern people have that this will be used to replace in-game research.

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:44 am

Inordinate wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:27 pm
As an aside, the fact that some events included are ones that you directly took part of with your own character(s) already is a concern to me. Who is the arbiter as to whether or not those are historically noteworthy?
I will not deny there are entries that involve PC's I have played. I am a player first after all and enjoy sharing the stories from my PC's I felt were the most enjoyable. That being said, there are at least eight PC's I've played that did next to nothing of note that would even warrant being remembered in any sort of history book.

As far as entries go, everything will be reviewed by the editorial team so I would say that serves as arbitration. As to the standard, common sense will be used if an entry warrants inclusion. Mainly PC's or events that had an impact in some way.

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:46 am

Party in the forest at midnight wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:43 am
What about all of the existing accounts? There's a lot of records in-game. Which adds to the concern people have that this will be used to replace in-game research.
As this is an OOC record and is disclosed as such. As far as I am aware the EA is the only out-of-game source of IG information.

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:53 am

Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:30 am
I'm not really a fan of this sort of thing because I like doing this sort of thing in-game. But a major shortcoming of what's being presented in the document is that it's so vague. There are SO MANY details left out.

To give an example, the major holdup for me finishing a book on Vance's history is the Brandt era. Just 3 or so in-game years, but there was so much intrigue going on it makes putting together a coherent timeline difficult. It's taken me more time to do this than anything else in the book. It wasn't just about the Brandts. The Brandts were a front. They enabled a lot of other groups to be in Sibayad. They had secret meetings with drow houses, the Velsharrans (were possibly even part of their cult, they were necromancers and had a necromancy lab), they met with Sidney Harrow. And this is just scratching the surface of it. THAT'S why people talked about them. THAT'S why people cared who they were. It had nothing to do with anything else they did. So you wrote that there was pressure from Myon and Cordor, but you didn't really explain why there was pressure. And that part was the meat of the story.
A lot of the Brandt history has been lost IG due to players leaving, rolling, or the destruction of fixtures. It kind of serves as an example of why I like the idea of an OOC timeline. I would be more than happy to give the story of the back dealings OOC but IG that information is lost.

As far as their entry goes I included the part of their story our group was most proud of. The unity of Sibayad and involvement of the Merchant League. The extras of intrigue were just spice and part of the role in ruling a small town open to every walk of life. There was an elf that died (rolled) that was the key to Myon's involvement but I didn't keep notes back then and memory fails me now. With luck we will get some others that were involved to submit their own stories which can be added.

So I guess on that topic I can add more to the entry, though I am hesitant to honestly. Already I get the feeling I am being accused of using the project for self-serving my ego and would rather avoid adding fuel to that fire. That and anything learned from the timeline couldn't be used IG of course. I would love to read your book, however!

Post by Party in the forest at midnight » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:56 am

But nobody cared about the DM interactions. It's a bit disingenuous to say that those were the important parts because you liked those parts most, when the actual things that made an impact on the game world are being left out.

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:10 am

Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:56 am
But nobody cared about the DM interactions. It's a bit disingenuous to say that those were the important parts because you liked those parts most, when the actual things that made an impact on the game world are being left out.
Ah perhaps the world at large didn't care, but for me and those of our group, it was the first time we had ever had any interaction or plotline from the DM staff. So that is one of the factors that stands out the most in my memory. Which is kind of the point of the timeline really. To share our PC's story and what made it special. I also recall the child vampire plot being of some importance in the final confrontation. Either way, I will admit to not knowing what made an impact. Like I said the meetings and dealings didn't really matter to our group then. I had no idea who Harrow or Vance was back then as a player. All I knew is they stood in the way of our goals.

But I understand your thoughts. If you want to shoot me a PM about the topics you would see included I'd be more than happy to see what I can remember and work in for you.

I also encourage you to share some of your own stories as well!

stoneheart-

Post by stoneheart- » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:37 am

If it's not important, it deserves to be "lost". Not everyone plays a PC that is important in the grand scheme of things, that's just a fact. Obviously the story of the Brandts was important to you, and for good reason: it was your beloved character behind it. The good times you had will always be with YOU in YOUR memory, and that's fine. Characters rise to prominence and then fade away, that's nothing to be sad or regretful about. Writing a hagiography of your own PCs is wrong, that level of investment isn't good, and it's not history either. It's just writing short stories about what happened to your PCs, an account that isn't even complete.

I'm against things like this despite having had "important" characters in the past because it does impact things ingame. Even assuming an ideal scenario in which your timeline is factual and unbiased, it will still be looked at as something of an authority, and if you try to lie about a past event, your timeline can be looked at to fact check and it destroys any kind of mystery that might have been had.

I wish you luck with this, but I hope you'll reconsider it, or at least take a long, harder look at how you plan to do this; and more importantly if it should be done in the first place.

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:04 am

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I know some do not enjoy sharing their PC's story, thus why many don't make use IC section of the forum. However, others do. There is no right or wrong in how we as players enjoy our time in Arelith. Be it in RP plots or grinding dungeons.

While disappointed at the negativity already expressed, I encourage those who do not support the idea (or prefer to keep their PC's stories to themselves) to do just that.

To those that do wish to share, I also encourage you to do so! I know it may feel as if you will only draw negativity to yourself, but remember in the end the choice is yours. This is a game we are here to enjoy. If sharing the story of your many PC's is part of your enjoyment? Do it!

I know I for one will greatly enjoy reading them!

DM Monkey
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by DM Monkey » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:44 am

Probably a silly question at this point, but we are all clear that things learned OOC on a resource like this should never then be used IC by your characters, right?

Try harder! Help set a good example of roleplay for the server culture.

Seven Sons of Sin

Post by Seven Sons of Sin » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:32 am

We've sort of been here before (remember Man on the Moon's attempt to create some kind of objective timeline?).

If no one talks about the Brandts anymore, no one's going to talk about the Brandts regardless of the amount of out-of-game text available.

I understand the interest and intent of the OP, and I'm actually going to say (apologies) that it's actually not in your interest to record history in some kind of collaborative, pseudo-objective way. History, historians, and people who latch onto in-game history in any intent beyond a narrative one (i.e. recording history to do X or Y in game) is detrimental because it encroaches on the "wandering level 30 syndrome."

Arelithian history is meant to die out. Characters are meant to fade. People are meant to forgotten. The actual beauty in Arelith history is the act of RECREATING history.

You know how disappointed I was when the devs resurrected Kohlingen from the sea when I made it a whole schtick to try to find out its lost secrets and piece together some sort of half-baked conspiracy theory?

Super disappointed.

Historians in Arelith are more archaeologists than scribes. Piecing together disparate records left behind from decades past. By trying to create faithful recordings of the present, you do a disservice to future history-oriented PCs.

A PC can roll in to Minmir, and find that statue of Nautilus and ask - who the heck was he? What is the significance of that quote? Why is he in Minmir? Is he related to someone at the Silver Boughs Inn? Was he a Banite? Where can I find out more?

And off the go.

You actually don't get any child-like wonder when you tempt people to swing with the almighty lore hammer that this project could turn into.

Secondly, there are, frankly, unspoken pillars in the community. Characters who grind to 30 and disappear in 3 weeks do not reserve any sort of attention at all on par with faction leaders who've shed blood, sweat, and tears for 3+ months to try to foster community and narrative.

This is all very clearly adjudicated in-game, through roleplay. But you try to start taking the game out of it? Then you have to start arbitrating on this. And no one should be in a position to say "err sorry ur not historically relevant."

Lastly, I DO think we need OOC lore. But what we need is like 3-5 pages of "general history", with a sprinkling of actual names, but mostly the Big Stuff - Baator, the Underdark, the Baronial Age, the arrival of King Edward, the Guldorand City, etc. Stuff like that. General orientation. Maybe a mention of Fizzlebiscuits, at best.

Accurate recounting will do more harm, than good.

(and fyi, part of Brandt's history was recorded, posthumously. Is that now lost to time? so be it, you know? Arelithians clearly don't care. and fyi part 2, I very nearly got into trouble when Nelehein recreated a statue of Naethandreil, even though there was some in-game cause to do so. and rightly so - it's not super appropriate for players to rekindle their dead characters actions. that's up to the community, not you.)
Previous:
Oskarr of Procampur, Ro Irokon, Nahal Azyen, Nelehein Afsana (of Impiltur), Vencenti Medici, Nizram ali Balazdam, (Roznik) Naethandreil

Post by Party in the forest at midnight » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:10 am

Seven Sons of Sin wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:32 am
(and fyi, part of Brandt's history was recorded,
I was actually thinking of posting that book! You did a good job on it.

stoneheart-

Post by stoneheart- » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:04 am

DM Monkey wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:44 am
Probably a silly question at this point, but we are all clear that things learned OOC on a resource like this should never then be used IC by your characters, right?
Yes, of course! I mostly meant that it also destroys any OOC mystery to finding history out (or being lied to about history, as the case may be) as well, which is part of being immersed. I did not mean to imply that people would use the timeline in bad faith to meta.

I'm in agreement with Seven Sons, on almost everything he said.

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:25 am

I'm not really sure why the Brandt story arc keeps being referenced when there are so many other great plots listed. I'm going to reach out on a limb and say it's a reference to me using this whole project for some personal gain. While the Brandt story was fun at the time I have had others since, two of which aren't being mentioned on the timeline.

So I would like to stress again, that yes I am a player who enjoys Arelith lore and history. That includes sharing my own stories as much as reading others. We are not going to "not" put in an entry that we feel should be shared, any more than we would remove any that are already there. Everyone on the team has PC stories listed on the timeline.

I can understand why some people enjoy the history of Arelith being forgotten IG as it opens up new RP. But I don't think that history should be forgotten on the RL side of things. People have put years of effort, time, and joy into this world. Why shouldn't it be remembered, recalled, valued, and shared?

I would also like to remind everyone that the Timeline is OOC INFORMATION for the pure enjoyment of knowing Arelith's long and interesting past. Any knowledge gained SHOULD NOT be used IG. This is not an IG Database like EA.

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:26 am

DM Monkey wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:44 am
Yeppers! It's been stated clearly several times at this point.

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:56 am

Seven Sons of Sin wrote:
We've sort of been here before (remember Man on the Moon's attempt to create some kind of objective timeline?).
FYI - We used the old timeline as a base for the old lore. The work they did was impressive.
Seven Sons of Sin wrote:
If no one talks about the Brandts anymore, no one's going to talk about the Brandts regardless of the amount of out-of-game text available.
I'm Glad. Their story is over IG and should be forgotten IG.
Seven Sons of Sin wrote:
I understand the interest and intent of the OP, and I'm actually going to say (apologies) that it's actually not in your interest to record history in some kind of collaborative, pseudo-objective way. History, historians, and people who latch onto in-game history in any intent beyond a narrative one (i.e. recording history to do X or Y in game) is detrimental because it encroaches on the "wandering level 30 syndrome."

Arelithian history is meant to die out. Characters are meant to fade. People are meant to forgotten. The actual beauty in Arelith history is the act of RECREATING history.

You know how disappointed I was when the devs resurrected Kohlingen from the sea when I made it a whole schtick to try to find out its lost secrets and piece together some sort of half-baked conspiracy theory?

Super disappointed.
I would say, me personally, that I loved that event's information as it gave lore to the place and answered the questions as to why it fell. But I rather enjoy knowing such tales. That's just me.
Seven Sons of Sin wrote:
Historians in Arelith are more archaeologists than scribes. Piecing together disparate records left behind from decades past. By trying to create faithful recordings of the present, you do a disservice to future history-oriented PCs.

A PC can roll in to Minmir, and find that statue of Nautilus and ask - who the heck was he? What is the significance of that quote? Why is he in Minmir? Is he related to someone at the Silver Boughs Inn? Was he a Banite? Where can I find out more?

And off the go.

You actually don't get any child-like wonder when you tempt people to swing with the almighty lore hammer that this project could turn into.
The Timeline is all OOC knowledge and not to be used IG.
Seven Sons of Sin wrote:
Secondly, there are, frankly, unspoken pillars in the community. Characters who grind to 30 and disappear in 3 weeks do not reserve any sort of attention at all on par with faction leaders who've shed blood, sweat, and tears for 3+ months to try to foster community and narrative.

This is all very clearly adjudicated in-game, through roleplay. But you try to start taking the game out of it? Then you have to start arbitrating on this. And no one should be in a position to say "err sorry ur not historically relevant."
While many people do play short-lived PC's, I don't really think life span should be a factor. One can play a PC for a RL year that does nothing of note (Yet is still a blast for them to play) while their next PC only lives for an RL month before dying (rolling) yet manages to effect a whole settlement with their RP or actions. What is considered "historically relevant" can be weighed against common sense I would think. But then again that's why we have an editorial team and not just one person making that call.
Seven Sons of Sin wrote:
Lastly, I DO think we need OOC lore. But what we need is like 3-5 pages of "general history", with a sprinkling of actual names, but mostly the Big Stuff - Baator, the Underdark, the Baronial Age, the arrival of King Edward, the Guldorand City, etc. Stuff like that. General orientation. Maybe a mention of Fizzlebiscuits, at best.

Accurate recounting will do more harm, than good.
I'm not sure the Admin team would be willing to take on the project of an official lore timeline, though I would gladly provide what data we gather to them if they decided to go that route.
Seven Sons of Sin wrote:
(and fyi, part of Brandt's history was recorded, posthumously. Is that now lost to time? so be it, you know? Arelithians clearly don't care. and fyi part 2, I very nearly got into trouble when Nelehein recreated a statue of Naethandreil, even though there was some in-game cause to do so. and rightly so - it's not super appropriate for players to rekindle their dead characters actions. that's up to the community, not you.)
Again I agree. IG the Brandts are forgotten and their time is done. As they say, History is written by the victors, or in Areliths case those that survive to write the books. Though I am not sure how an OOC Timeline will rekindle anything IG? Will people seeing the Brandts were is Sibayad at one time restore them from being deleted? Will learning of Wharftown make it reborn? Pit town restored? OR will players look back and see that the Queen of Air and Darkness cursed the whole of Arelith or that charming outpost in Bramble Woods in fact has a long history to it? Will people enjoy learning that Benwick was in fact a player settlement at one time and not a pre-made dungeon or that monster races lived on the surface for a time?

Will knowing this change anything IG? Of course not. Will the RL person knowing this bring more life, history, and enjoyment to the world of Arelith? That's my hope at least.