If you're always tired...

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Alpine Fresh

If you're always tired...

Post by Alpine Fresh » Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:14 am

"The [Rest] flag of area indicates that the area can be rested in comfortably. To rest elsewhere, characters' rest meter has to be below 50% to rest."

~ Wise words of http://wiki.nwnarelith.com/State

I did not realise you could rest to 100% in a/an [insert common sense sleeping places here]. That's life-changing, and it's taken me so long to accidentally discover. I hope this ancient wisdom from the Wiki helps some forlorn forum lurker like myself in the hours and days to come.

Watchful Glare

Re: If you're always tired...

Post by Watchful Glare » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:09 pm

You know I really thought this would be something unrelated to the game for some reason. Some philosophy. Even some advice on some kind of medication or brand of coffee. Perhaps even a joke.
Biz here was a constant subliminal hum, and death the accepted punishment for laziness, carelessness, lack of grace, the failure to heed the demands of an intricate protocol.

Arienette
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Arienette » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:38 pm

Alpine Fresh wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:14 am
"The [Rest] flag of area indicates that the area can be rested in comfortably. To rest elsewhere, characters' rest meter has to be below 50% to rest."

~ Wise words of http://wiki.nwnarelith.com/State

I did not realise you could rest to 100% in a/an [insert common sense sleeping places here]. That's life-changing, and it's taken me so long to accidentally discover. I hope this ancient wisdom from the Wiki helps some forlorn forum lurker like myself in the hours and days to come.
Im not sure why you would want to do this. Even on my characters with zero spellcasting ability, I have use/day items that I very much like to keep fresh. While you can rest up to 100 percent in an inn, I dont believe there is any benefit in doing so.

Void

Post by Void » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:49 pm

Arienette wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:38 pm
Im not sure why you would want to do this. Even on my characters with zero spellcasting ability, I have use/day items that I very much like to keep fresh. While you can rest up to 100 percent in an inn, I dont believe there is any benefit in doing so.
Rest can be annoying on a character that is non-magical and has no use/day items or abilities. I had a bunch of such characters that never rested and carried emergency coffee in inventory. Speaking of abilities, most things switched to cooldown anyway.
Another forum ban, here we go again.

garrbear758

Post by garrbear758 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:23 pm

Watchful Glare wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:09 pm
You know I really thought this would be something unrelated to the game for some reason. Some philosophy. Even some advice on some kind of medication or brand of coffee. Perhaps even a joke.
Same here, and I'm very disappointed. I am always tired!
You've done it [Garrbear], you've kicked the winemom nest. -Redacted

Paint

Post by Paint » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:40 pm

Arelith turned my characters into dangerous alcoholics and caffeine addicts.

AstralUniverse

Post by AstralUniverse » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:31 pm

garrbear758 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:23 pm
Watchful Glare wrote:
I third this. Always tired and I was hoping for some deep life advice or a youth potion.
Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too

Archnon

Post by Archnon » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:45 am

AstralUniverse wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:31 pm
garrbear758 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:23 pm
Watchful Glare wrote:
I third this. Always tired and I was hoping for some deep life advice or a youth potion.
Was personally really expecting a parenting joke! I see you all out there, my people who have to disappear mid RP because the baby woke up again at 1230am.

Alpine Fresh

Post by Alpine Fresh » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:11 am

Well, clearly I disappointed, and I'm deeply sorry to have let down the community of this fine server... I will try to dispense real life sleep advice in future.

If you're always tired... cut down on your coffee and alcohol intake.
~ Wise words of someone who doesn't follow their own advice

Ninjimmy

Post by Ninjimmy » Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:07 pm

I mean, actual advice if you're always tired is drink more water and do more exercise so your sleep cycle completes better.

But also for the memes, just mainline more of these bad boys
Playing:
Olwin (AKA Olicoros Vrozt Akael Shilligg Jugem Dojj Winzalfur AKA That £$%^ing Wizard)

Hazard

Post by Hazard » Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:30 pm

Ninjimmy wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:07 pm
I mean, actual advice if you're always tired is drink more water and do more exercise so your sleep cycle completes better.

What is that?

TurningLeaf
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by TurningLeaf » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:30 pm

Hazard wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:30 pm
Ninjimmy wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:07 pm

What is that?
Whatever it is it's only got 50mg of caffeine. I've already had at least 3x that before lunch every day of life lol