Searching for Noble house.

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

TheButterflyWheel

Searching for Noble house.

Post by TheButterflyWheel » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:14 pm

Hello there!

I have a character concept and a noble award waiting, and do not use discord or tells as I like to keep everything purely IC.

I was wondering wether there was any pre-exsisting nobles in Cordor looking for additions to there family, would be fun to collaborate.

Please let me know.

Lexx

Re: Searching for Noble house.

Post by Lexx » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:19 pm

Nothing I am connected to there but have fun and good luck!

xf1313

Post by xf1313 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:13 am

I have always wondered what are the noble perks..maybe find it out before making a character is good.
Wild-elf Druid Laurifin Goldenleaf
Drow shadowlord Lomin Nightshade

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:21 am

the only true main perk is from some npcs, and the ability to own a noble manor where you cant if you are not. everything else is purely rp
Yes I can sign

Arienette
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Arienette » Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:06 pm

If you want to be part of a canon NPC noble house, I have seen other players do that, with approval from DMs.

If you are looking to join a PC noble house, you might have a hard time leading with “I don’t use discord or tells”.

The vast majority of factions in game will want to use some of these methods to SOME extent. A simple example would be:

IC: “Please come to our family meeting 4 days from now”

OOC Tell: “Saturday at 4PM EST”

TheButterflyWheel

Post by TheButterflyWheel » Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:24 pm

Thank you everyone for your replies!
In regards to nobility, it was more of a roleplay tool then being to fussed about what it adds mechanically - other then silver palm and noble estates there isn't much else.

And completely understand what you mean in regards to the organisation of things, sadly I have just seen to much conflict from OOC communication - without it I get to enjoy Arelith in a stress free/non-drama manner. Be it, this was a while back I was playing and it may be different now.

MissEvelyn
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by MissEvelyn » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:50 pm

I always encourage people to use -factions messages. The messages under -factions are purely OOC and can be used to organize play =)

Amateur Hour

Post by Amateur Hour » Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:27 pm

Having played multiple nobles in houses at this point, there is a bare minimum necessary OOC component for two points:

1. Establishing backstory: how you're related to everyone else, what do you know about each other (e.g. you would already know if your cousin was a trained mage or a cleric, you would know what city they're from; that shouldn't have to be explained IC).
2. Scheduling noble house activities. Faction messages work if you have someone who can function as dictator, but real scheduling requires some back-and-forth, not just the head of house dictating.

Rolled: Solveigh Arnimayne, "Anna Locksley"
Shelved: Ninim Elario, Maethiel Tyireale'ala
Current: Ynge Redbeard, ???

Vyrandil Rivorndir

Post by Vyrandil Rivorndir » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:57 pm

While late to the topic, some options around that I have noticed (at least owning noble manors and similar) - nobility in Cordor that could be approached about the idea or even just if you set off and do your own thing then to get in contact with other nobles;

House Vasquire
The Lyves (New from what I'm seeing)
House Blacktooth
House Waynolt (Though I believe Miskol & Co are absent atm)
House Rivorndir
House Derlson (Mostly NPC based again, I'm not sure if there's any active Derlson PCs about)

I~... Might have missed a few and if so, sorry to them.

But as Amateur Hour above me states. A lot of groupings have rather extensive history in some way or another for families. On and off the isle. I definitely have to agree with the sentiment that at least some OOC contact for coordination of fundamentals is needed. That doesn't mean you have to feel compelled to sit there and discuss stuff on discord every day or similar. But laying the foundation of the character OOCly if you are coordinating with a larger body of people is usually needed to start off.
Active Character: Aldros Rivorndir
Retired Characters: Gabriel Orland - Scarlet Sons

TheButterflyWheel

Post by TheButterflyWheel » Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:45 pm

Thank you for your responses! :)