Post by Aelryn Bloodmoon » Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:27 am

AstralUniverse wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:49 pm
Curve wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:26 pm
AstralUniverse wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:24 am
I know it's against the rules
I assume this is part of what DM_Monkey is talking about, but just to be clear sneaking into quarters this way is not against the rules.
It's against the rules if you're sneaking into a quarter that someone is leaving. If I'm opening the door to leave my quarter and you're standing outside, waiting for the door to open, then you enter and see no one inside? Then you're not within the rules. It's only legal to *follow* someone into their quarter along with them as they *enter*. Just to be clear.
I don't believe this circumstance is specifically called out anywhere, but if we're going to have the conversation... there is a difference between using your stealth score against someone's spot and listen to follow them into a quarter, versus waiting outside the door for someone inside to open it, then going inside while they're in transition, thus depriving them of a spot or listen check or any reasonable knowledge of you existing via a mechanical loophole provided by a transition.

Didn't we just have a whole mechanical change around transitions because using transitions to beat other players is an exploit?

Edit: Ironically, the timer on transitions prevents you from immediately doubling back into your own quarter if you have a reason to suspect someone has done this, which is yet another mechanical deviance preventing this tactic from being fair play on an OOC level.
DM Monkey wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:04 pm
So long as people follow PvP Rules + Stealing Rules, everything is fine! Anything goes! You have spells, skills and abilities for a reason. Use what is at your disposal to succeed however your character would.
Can we get a ruling on whether or not this is following the Golden Rules, since it's in question?
Bane's tyranny is known throughout the continent, and his is the image most seen as the face of evil.
-Faiths and Pantheons (c)2002

AstralUniverse

Re: Quartersneaking- Thoughts?

Post by AstralUniverse » Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:52 am

Sorry guys I cant find a reference. Maybe I'm am boomer pulling out old policies from previous iterations of the DM ream that no longer hold true anymore. I also recall that it was against the rules to sneak past a slow-walking-RPing-party in a dungeon but then one day after many years all of the DMs went "nope, I dont know about such a rule. stealing dungeons is a legit IC action". So it could be the case once again idk anymore.
Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too

DM Monkey
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Quartersneaking- Thoughts?

Post by DM Monkey » Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:36 am

None of the above. You're just wrong about this.

I wrote out more but realised it just isn't necessary to go into. Follow the theft rules, follow the PvP rules, roleplay comes first, nothing and nowhere is truly safe.

Try harder! Help set a good example of roleplay for the server culture.