Farewell from the Pig Man

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Waldo52

Farewell from the Pig Man

Post by Waldo52 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:45 pm

I never truly meant to delete the pig man, it was kind of a -delete_character bug. But he's probably run his course anyway.

I'd like to think that after all those brushes with Kelemvor's Wall his body was weakened and his heart finally gave out in the Guldorand monastery. I'd like to give a shout out to Nathaniel Brightburst who was the last to send him back to the wall.

R.I.P. Willham Pigsbane

MRFTW

Re: Farewell from the Pig Man

Post by MRFTW » Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:10 pm

F

Good character.

Archnon

Post by Archnon » Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:12 pm

I have to give your props. I ran into the Pig a few times on skal very early on in your play time here and even PVP'ed with you very early on. Pig had a great and prominent character with a lot of personality. And what is more, you as a player were always willing to learn. When you did something that violated the norms/rules of the server, you approached it with humility, an apology, and an adjustment. You were always looking to improve your RP. I look forward to your next memorable character

Arienette
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Arienette » Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:29 pm

My natural tendency is to hate characters who constantly start conflict and get killed and keep coming back for more.

I have killed Pigsbane on basically all of my characters in the last year or so lol.

However, Pigsbane was not hate-able because you never had a “must win” mentality, always followed the PvP rules and never held an OOC-driven grudge. I never worried that when one of my characters killed Pigsbane that I’d have to deal with gank squads honing in on me for weeks looking for “revenge”.

Also, obviously the comedic effect helped!

Tikin

Post by Tikin » Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:55 pm

Had so much fun on the occasions I met your char!

Looking forward to meet others of yours :D

Morgy

Post by Morgy » Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:33 pm

Arienette wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:29 pm
My natural tendency is to hate characters who constantly start conflict and get killed and keep coming back for more.

I have killed Pigsbane on basically all of my characters in the last year or so lol.

However, Pigsbane was not hate-able because you never had a “must win” mentality, always followed the PvP rules and never held an OOC-driven grudge. I never worried that when one of my characters killed Pigsbane that I’d have to deal with gank squads honing in on me for weeks looking for “revenge”.

Also, obviously the comedic effect helped!
Have to say I agree with this.

He was a total Dick Dastardly. Was never worried about being subject to revenge squads. Good spirited player.

Drowble Oh Seven

Post by Drowble Oh Seven » Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:56 am

Godspeed, Pigsbane. It was colourful.

Sadrithos

Post by Sadrithos » Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:13 am

That'll do pig, that'll do.

Galen was frequently on the opposite side of conflicts from him, but you the player were always a blast.
Current Characters:
Galen Gallows, Burden of Heartwood.
Rauverie La'Fane, #1 Dad.

Exordius

Post by Exordius » Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:22 am

Sad to see piggy go, was always fun to pvp his Snuggybear. Exo will need to find a new hobby now lol. :) Kudos!

TurningLeaf
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by TurningLeaf » Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:00 pm

Wow my guy got to get stabbed by a legend

Although you may find it amusing I at first legit oocly thought there was some kind of kill pig (animal / pork) quest that you needed help with .. noob moments. XD

Wolfgangvondi

Post by Wolfgangvondi » Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:22 am

One of my chars got chased by the "pig man" one time... After she casted darkness and stunned him... Them running for her life, she passed by a half orc gladiator of the arena of cordor and started to scream for help. In the next moment, it was the "Pig man" fleeing from us. A lot of Fun. I had never meet the char before. Complete surprise. Very good sport ic and ooc from what I seen in that little episode.

Thanks for the great effort in that char : )

Karris the Anarchist
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Karris the Anarchist » Mon May 02, 2022 1:49 pm

I met Pig once on a Pirate character - and from all my interactions in the brief life of that character, he was the only one who acted towards me exactly like a pirate would - obnoxious, aggressive and utterly lacking of respect, while at the same time just being a champ OOC.

Great roleplayer!
That which doesn't kill you, simply makes you... stranger.

Waldo52

Post by Waldo52 » Wed May 18, 2022 10:58 pm

Thank you for all the kind words. I just saw that someone made a grave for him in Sencliff.

Special thanks to BR (whatever that's short for) for placing the stone.