Topic Deleted?

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Hermaeus

Topic Deleted?

Post by Hermaeus » Mon May 16, 2022 9:12 pm

I‘ve just posted a topic about my situation, and it already seems to be deleted. Could the person who did this please contact me?

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Topic Deleted?

Post by Irongron » Mon May 16, 2022 11:38 pm

It is not the policy of Arelith to discuss bans, and the reasons for them publicly, as that obviously brings with it a number of problems, not least of which is revealing the identity of reporters, who in many cases would prefer not be named. The reason for this should be clear; if players thought they might be targetted for reporting issues to DMs, then less players would be comfortable in doing so.

Should any player feel they were treated unfairly by a DM they can always appeal by sending a PM to the Head DM, and if they are STILL unhappy following that ruling to the Active Admins, where it will come to me. If an appeal has not been brought to the Head DM first I will generally ignore it.

I won't get into why the use of such words is offensive and likely to be reported, but I will touch upon this topic of 'But I never told anyone my name!', as I've seen it countless times before on Arelith over the years. Our name's floats above our head, and is repeated, on screen, every time we speak (unless we are using the disguise function), it will also appear on shops and quarters (which I have previously stated is in-character information), even if we don't own a quarter or a shop, please try to keep in mind that while our own character is the centre of our own world, to many others they are one of hundreds, if not thousands of encounters with other players, and just not as important as we may think ourself to be; in short, we cannot expect every other player of Arelith to remember whether or not we have introduced ourselves. You have a name floating above your head? Accept that others are going to use it, and do not base your roleplay around concealing it.

It's not against the rules, it just never works.