General Admin
General Admin

Re: Back in my day ...

Post by Liareth » Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:21 am

AdreannaDrea wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:37 am
Liareth wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:06 pm
Back in my day, everyone would make basic appraise gear then buy healing kits in Cordor and sell them in Wharftown (by taking the boat) for double the price. There were some other lucrative routes too. Then we would make AutoHotkey macros to sell the kits for us because it physically hurt to sell that much. We had to use int buffs to reroll our prices for maximum profit. I used to dedicate an evening to grinding 500k on all my new characters so I could get full enchants. And the funny thing is that using appraise this way was an INTENDED FEATURE.

You say this like you and I didn't spend literal HOURS doing this (and then going circle grinding for a further 4+ hours) >.>

I never did use macros though. I thought we would get banned. Life was pain.
Back when the frost giants (or were they trolls? I can't remember) were the place to be!

Shadowy Reality
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Shadowy Reality » Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:36 am

Liareth wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:21 am
AdreannaDrea wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:37 am
Liareth wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:06 pm
Back in my day, everyone would make basic appraise gear then buy healing kits in Cordor and sell them in Wharftown (by taking the boat) for double the price. There were some other lucrative routes too. Then we would make AutoHotkey macros to sell the kits for us because it physically hurt to sell that much. We had to use int buffs to reroll our prices for maximum profit. I used to dedicate an evening to grinding 500k on all my new characters so I could get full enchants. And the funny thing is that using appraise this way was an INTENDED FEATURE.

You say this like you and I didn't spend literal HOURS doing this (and then going circle grinding for a further 4+ hours) >.>

I never did use macros though. I thought we would get banned. Life was pain.
Back when the frost giants (or were they trolls? I can't remember) were the place to be!
I think a lot of people did healing kit runs. And indeed the Frozen Wastes with the Frost Giants were the place to be at epics!

Hanover Fiste

Post by Hanover Fiste » Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:36 am

Back in my day...

- everyone could loot the same body and get the same amount separately
- there was a larger disparity between casual players, everyday players, and +8hrs a day players (the haves, and the have nots)
- residences were few, and only the "haves" had them
- ARTEFACTS.....were a thing you went hunting
- weavemasters were prevalent
- Mergo had a vineyard before Greyhammer was built

There's more from what I remember back to 2010 ....these posts helped my memory as I "nodded" along to many of them.

xanrael

Post by xanrael » Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:59 am

- Playing a wizard you might be the least popular person at low levels followed by being a superstar when you reached ESF: Enchantment range and could make the best gear

- Goblins were -ECL so they were a chain-roller of choice

- Monk werewolves were a thing

- Permanent true sight was possible and long lasting true sight was available to nearly every build by level 28 if not sooner

- Slithering trackers in low level areas were several UD newbie's introduction to the fugue plane

- (more recent) Enchanters could chain dominate yellows and end up having 10+ mobs with +80 AB and 1000+ HP