Need a 20th Anniversary Weekend Event Listing?

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Need a 20th Anniversary Weekend Event Listing?

Post by Irongron » Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:37 am

It's not too late for players to schedule events for the anniversary, be they arena and archery contents, poetry recitals, or anything else really!

Beamdog have given us plenty of game keys for Steam, GoG and Switch to give away, and DMS can award special Event Award Tokens, which can be spent after the weekend on special prizes - Naturally we can supply these to player run events.

If you want to list a player event here, I can add it to the Events section of our Official Discord, and promote via Twitter.

You just need to include:

Venue (Can be anywhere really)
Event Name
Start and End Time (Include your time zone!)
Picture Optional
Descriptive Text

Keep in mind it has to take place at some point over this weekend.

Ping14
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: Need a 20th Anniversary Weekend Event Listing?

Post by Ping14 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:55 pm

Venue: Big Rhek's Tavern in Brogendenstein
Event Name: Dwarven Dice! (More of an invitation rather than an event)
Start: https://a.chronus.eu/1A50B30 .... Ends in approximately 2-3hours after event start (flexible)... Same time again on Jun 20, 2022
Screenshot:

Descriptive Text:

Glory to Hanseath! Let the dice rolling begins!
Thaldric Steeltankard is holding a dice rolling game in Big Rhek's Tavern!

Dice Rules:
1. 1d6 is used. Rolling a pair for each player each round, a total of 6 dice rolled for each player each match.
2. Two similar faces makes a pair
3. Three makes a triad
4. Four makes a quad
5. Five makes a set
6. Six makes a WHOPPER
7. A pair gets trumped by a triad, Triad by a quad, Quad by a set, Set by a WHOPPER
8. A straight of 1 to 6 is unbeatable, can only be drawn by the same straight.
9. If each have a two pairs, then whoever has the highest number wins, the same goes for triads, etc.
10. If one has a triad and a pair, and another with only a triad of the SAME number, then the triad and a pair wins. Same goes for other hands with the same dilemma.
11. If one has a triad and a pair, and another with only a triad of a HIGHER number, then the triad of the HIGHER number wins, since triad trumps a pair. The same goes with other hands of the same dilemma.

Dice game goes as follows:
1. Flip a coin, one player gets to call. If the coin is called, that player gets to choose who goes first (including him/herself) in dice rolling and wagers. Initial standard bet is placed on the table for each.
2. The game consist of rolling three pairs of dice. One player rolls then the other rolls another pair. At this point they make their initial wager, match the wager or forfeit the match.
3. Another pair is rolled, and wagers are then placed again the second time.
4. Last pair of dice are then rolled. Winner takes all, in an event of a draw, the pot is split by the players who has drawn.
5. Can be played by a minimum of 2, and a maximum of four, each table.

Bush League:
Initial Bet: 1,000
Maximum Bet: 5,000

Gettin' Serious League:
Initial Bet: 5,000
Maximum Bet: 10,000

Hold my Beer League:
Initial Bet: 10,000
Maximum Bet: 50,000

**This event is thought of at the last minute since I'm waiting if the dice and the coins were the ones that I was thinking of. And lo' and behold, they were indeed what I was expecting! I hope the playable card fixture gets a fix at some point.

**I might be going on and off depending on calls and other RL stuff, so I hope that the rules are clear enough so that players can still continue playing without much supervision. (I'm actually hesitant to post this since I can't make a promise that I can be there the whole time because my work "requires" that I drop everything in a moment's notice when called. But I hope that the rules are clear and simple enough that it can be played in my absence)

**Im not so sure about what the tokens are, so I just divided the game into tables where players could decide which tier they want to play in. There's no brackets whatsoever, so players can play indefinitely as long as there are others willing to play. DMs can pitch in whatever rewards they want on each table.

**The dice game is all made up, while not so original (reminiscent of the Witcher 1 dice game with some changes to make it function for 6 dice instead of just 5, I think is simple enough to follow.) Should there be some problems in mechanics, hit me up here or via personal message.

DM Herald
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Need a 20th Anniversary Weekend Event Listing?

Post by DM Herald » Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:31 pm

Ping14 wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:55 pm
Venue: Big Rhek's Tavern in Brogendenstein
Event Name: Dwarven Dice! (More of an invitation rather than an event)
Start: https://a.chronus.eu/1A50B30 .... Ends in approximately 2-3hours after event start (flexible)... Same time again on Jun 20, 2022
Screenshot:

Descriptive Text:

Glory to Hanseath! Let the dice rolling begins!
Thaldric Steeltankard is holding a dice rolling game in Big Rhek's Tavern!

Dice Rules:
1. 1d6 is used. Rolling a pair for each player each round, a total of 6 dice rolled for each player each match.
2. Two similar faces makes a pair
3. Three makes a triad
4. Four makes a quad
5. Five makes a set
6. Six makes a WHOPPER
7. A pair gets trumped by a triad, Triad by a quad, Quad by a set, Set by a WHOPPER
8. A straight of 1 to 6 is unbeatable, can only be drawn by the same straight.
9. If each have a two pairs, then whoever has the highest number wins, the same goes for triads, etc.
10. If one has a triad and a pair, and another with only a triad of the SAME number, then the triad and a pair wins. Same goes for other hands with the same dilemma.
11. If one has a triad and a pair, and another with only a triad of a HIGHER number, then the triad of the HIGHER number wins, since triad trumps a pair. The same goes with other hands of the same dilemma.

Dice game goes as follows:
1. Flip a coin, one player gets to call. If the coin is called, that player gets to choose who goes first (including him/herself) in dice rolling and wagers. Initial standard bet is placed on the table for each.
2. The game consist of rolling three pairs of dice. One player rolls then the other rolls another pair. At this point they make their initial wager, match the wager or forfeit the match.
3. Another pair is rolled, and wagers are then placed again the second time.
4. Last pair of dice are then rolled. Winner takes all, in an event of a draw, the pot is split by the players who has drawn.
5. Can be played by a minimum of 2, and a maximum of four, each table.

Bush League:
Initial Bet: 1,000
Maximum Bet: 5,000

Gettin' Serious League:
Initial Bet: 5,000
Maximum Bet: 10,000

Hold my Beer League:
Initial Bet: 10,000
Maximum Bet: 50,000

**This event is thought of at the last minute since I'm waiting if the dice and the coins were the ones that I was thinking of. And lo' and behold, they were indeed what I was expecting! I hope the playable card fixture gets a fix at some point.

**I might be going on and off depending on calls and other RL stuff, so I hope that the rules are clear enough so that players can still continue playing without much supervision. (I'm actually hesitant to post this since I can't make a promise that I can be there the whole time because my work "requires" that I drop everything in a moment's notice when called. But I hope that the rules are clear and simple enough that it can be played in my absence)

**Im not so sure about what the tokens are, so I just divided the game into tables where players could decide which tier they want to play in. There's no brackets whatsoever, so players can play indefinitely as long as there are others willing to play. DMs can pitch in whatever rewards they want on each table.

**The dice game is all made up, while not so original (reminiscent of the Witcher 1 dice game with some changes to make it function for 6 dice instead of just 5, I think is simple enough to follow.) Should there be some problems in mechanics, hit me up here or via personal message.
Event is now posted on discord event calendar.