Wild-People

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

perezIII

Wild-People

Post by perezIII » Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:34 am

-Introduction

As civilization begins to break through Skall, many are coming after promises of riches and fame. Adventurers and mercenaries of all kinds are joining forces with the "Master of coins" to bring order and "peace" into a land lost in the past.

All who are an impediment to the advancement of progress are rid appart. As it was the fate of the Deer´s Tribe.

Just a very few of their members, after to leave their homeland arrived in Arelith. Most of their males refused to withdraw and thus became the portion for the fowls of the air and the beasts of the land. And the songs of the tribe shall be howlings in that day, there shall be many dead bodies in every place; they shall cast them forth with silence.

Widows in mourning, lament songs, omen of damnation are wandering around. The gathering of the wild people just began.

-Purpose

Gathering of the barbarians and settle in the wilderness (mountains, forests). It could be not permanent place but rather keep wandering as nomads and have serveral places where the tribe tend to stay for a while.

-Alliances, politics

Nothing, no one. As a barbarian tribe I see no reason to have any deeply relationship with other people who has other mindset.

-Commerce

Just barter at least I would like to see it between their members.

-Activities

- Hunting contest and just hunting animals as a way of life.

- Stealing cattle and horses with dm support and thus get those animals where the tribe settle.

-Fighing for supremacy. Women-character not allowed to take part on it. Leader should be a male character. Just as a custom of the tribe, in the same sense that there is not a drow faction ruled by male-character. My character is a female.

- Drinking alcohol to see who is able to drink more without die.

-Planing to raid strongholds, cities and towns (dm-supported)? No. Why? Many reasons, faction oriented to hide themself in the wilderness and just defend what they consider their home-land. But it depens on the leader of the Tribe.

-Asking tribute to others? Could be, not sure.

-A leader could change the purposes and goals of the tribe? Yes.

-Slavery? I beg to those who want to give a try to this faction just avoid this non-sense. After all we are players and it is not funny to be a prisioner a very long time... it is ok just to take a prisioner to ramson it by coins or to force a peace agreement but just let the character of our gamer-mates go free again to enjoy the game. Even when I am totally in favor with permanent-death and all the characters should have a limit of times that they should be able to return from death. Slavery is a totally wrong way and it harms the community. First, it is our responsability taking care of the other players.

- Do I really think that the faction will work? No, but I am not happy to see that there is no place for Barbarians. Nor in Underdark, niether on the surface. I also think that there should be more ways to play the game, where being an adventurer and doing quests (something really cool) is just for people that want to play this path.. and it is so for most of the players. As a tribe, our quests should be more a common one supported by dms when it is possible and relevant.

Races I have nothing against other races, I played often solo as nomad Gnoll on the surface without places to buy or sell. But my view is just human for this tribe and giants (Firbolg).

Classes Main class muss be barbarian.

Widow in mourning = Barbarian + Dirge

-PvP oriented faction? Not at all.

Do I care about pvp, losing or winning? I don´t give a Snuggle a Bugbear about the end result of pvp. If you do, it is not your faction because you will get fustrated as we will have no refuge nor support as cities have. Neither it is a faction where you will get easily the best items. It is just a hard way to play the game.

Sorry about my english, I will continue if my character is able to make any progress about the gathering of barbarians and their settle.

Please, any idea about how to create this faction, customs, activities, whatever.. please.. write it here.

xf1313

Re: Wild-People

Post by xf1313 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:24 am

I think barbarian tribe hunting in the wood is fun, maybe, you can just create the fraction, put a board or totem indicate there’s a tribe for them to join?
Wild-elf Druid Laurifin Goldenleaf
Drow shadowlord Lomin Nightshade

perezIII

Post by perezIII » Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:38 am

xf1313 wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:24 am
I think barbarian tribe hunting in the wood is fun, maybe, you can just create the fraction, put a board or totem indicate there’s a tribe for them to join?
Thanks.

I will create a faction, but first I want to find the right place to settle. Somewhere in the wilderness, forest and mountains is what I am looking for. Sadly after a lot of hours looking around. I got a lot of problems to find a good place.

*** Maps

1-Maps are small (to my taste, so I can not even believe that there is someone complaning about it got to big to move through it.

2-Maps are overpopulated with creatures respawns. It is a big problem to settle somewhere in the wilderness. And it makes too much stress traveling around. My point of view regarding to it is just more quiteness (zones without creatures and then zones with creatures in bigger numbers). So it means less respawns but in bigger number of creatures in every respawn. I really think it would improve the gameplay in every sense (roleplay, walking around and pve). Small groups of respawns everywhere is a mistake in my opinion.

3-Maps, even when they seem to be far away from towns or civilizated places (like castles or whatever), it is not so at all.

*** Factions claiming every rock on the wilderness.

One can see those rangers and others, setting outposts but never been there nor playing there at all. Things should have a sense. If you are not playing there just let it be free. Things should take place in the game, and when someone wants to build something it should have a maintenance. If you do not want to play it anymore but rather other character in other faction just move on. Keep it simple, accept that the faction is over and a new one will arise in his place.

If I am able to make it works, the impact I do have in mind will be much more than simply hunting in the forests. It is to set a place where people can roleplay as barbarians, as a tribe. And events leads by dms if they are willing to do it. But I will be very clear, those events I do have in mind are pve ones.

PvP facions are already placed in the server, paladins vs bane´s church. Surface vs Underdark. Pirates vs Guldorand and Cordor.

So my point is an isolationist faction keeping their own way of life and dealing with their own struggles to survive. So, you do not need to have the best character-build to play in it, but just the one you want to play with. You do not need the best items (to me it is not funny at all when I see a "fighter" using 10 wands.. it is just something I do not like. Neither you need to go after the rat-race of pvp. Neither to reach 30 lvl and start a new character because you can not get another lvl. We can do it better.
Last edited by perezIII on Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

xf1313

Post by xf1313 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:01 am

You might have to compromise a bit on the location, anywhere that is accessible is likely rather close to settlements.

I like your idea about wildness and creatures, some quiet wildness zones can be great for characters to chill. About the seemingly abandoned outpost? I’m not sure but you can try to claim it.
Wild-elf Druid Laurifin Goldenleaf
Drow shadowlord Lomin Nightshade