Trueflame Transformation: how to roleplay it?

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Amateur Hour

Trueflame Transformation: how to roleplay it?

Post by Amateur Hour » Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:00 am

Since those of us who play trueflames have just gotten the death knell, does anyone have any ideas for how to roleplay their specific powers--which most of us probably played up pretty heavily as these indelible parts of our characters (as sorcerous powers are typically supposed to be)--suddenly changing drastically overnight? Even the fire elementalist path is going to be extremely different from old trueflame, so it's going to be a bit rough no matter what.

Rolled: Solveigh Arnimayne, "Anna Locksley"
Shelved: Ninim Elario, Maethiel Tyireale'ala
Current: Ynge Redbeard, ???

Xerah

Re: Trueflame Transformation: how to roleplay it?

Post by Xerah » Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:48 am

If you don’t have a connection to an element then I think the easiest option, not knowing individual role play, is to dive into the spellfire side of things.

If there’s a kind DM out there, they could run something over the next few weeks we here you have done spellfire events happen as well.
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

Skibbles
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Skibbles » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:04 am

I don't play a trueflame and am not bothering to follow the new class, but magic is whack yo.

I think I'd probably be roleplaying some island-wide and sudden change in the weave (which, I mean, that's kind of what this is right?) to explain the abrupt change in spells. The old ways are fizzling out or, worse, doing nothing at all, but there are rumors about new faux-mystical makeupreallylongnonsensewords, and then maybe going with a personal self-discovery story arc to relearn my sorcerous powers.

Just to add more stuff here. I think a lot of interesting themes can come out of this: Is it a curse from the gods? Am I losing my touch? What happened and why? How badly do I need my powers and for what purpose? What is the nature of magic and how does it relate to me?

Magic is so cool because you can do almost anything with it and pretty much nobody can argue with it. Have a field day.
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

So we're very much on track.

Amnesy
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Amnesy » Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:12 am

With three weeks of the grace period (translating to ~2.5 IG months), there should be plenty of time to find RP way to fits the current PC so it does not feel sudden.