NPC Noble Houses

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

NPC Noble Houses

Post by Edens_Fall » Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:32 pm

As far as I am aware there are only three NPC Noble Houses that players can apply to. Two in Andunor and One in Cordor. So after pondering, I was thinking it might be fun if the staff held a competition (like they did with new warlock packs) for players to create a new NPC House for one of the settlements. Submission of new Houses should not be based on current or past PC noble Houses and would be brand new to the server (To avoid OOC drama). The winner would have their creation added to the game at some future point.

This would expand the NPC Houses, DM RP tools, and allow players to contribute to the server's rich history.

Thoughts?

xf1313

Re: NPC Noble Houses

Post by xf1313 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:10 pm

2 in Cordor I think? Both have a crypt.

I am not sure about this idea so I remain neutral, depends on what the creator thinks. Thou have a few added to Brog, Myon or Guldorand feels reasonable.

The Shadowclaw and He’Veal? in UD already feels like they are noble houses, seriously....
Wild-elf Druid Laurifin Goldenleaf
Drow shadowlord Lomin Nightshade

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:43 pm

For obvious reasons we would not want to use PC created houses.

Svrtr
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Svrtr » Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:24 am

For reference, part of why Brog does not have noble clans is because the line of Umbrick fell with the halls of Umbrick. Such is why Brog also refers to its leader as thane instead of king, akin to an elected regent.

Guld is also anti-nobility by design and I am a firm believer it should embrace its anti-monarchist angle more firmly

Amateur Hour

Post by Amateur Hour » Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:15 pm

I don't know if this would work for Myon/elf territory either, both because Myon is sort-of an Evermeet territory under the Sad Queen and because Arelith's current elven population has only been around for (for elves) a very short time; an elf born in AR 1 could have a child by this point, but that child would still be growing up at this point. Add in the complications of the Retreat and Retreat reversal, and it doesn't make much sense.

Rolled: Solveigh Arnimayne, "Anna Locksley"
Shelved: Ninim Elario, Maethiel Tyireale'ala
Current: Ynge Redbeard, ???

msheeler
Contributor
Contributor

Post by msheeler » Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:34 pm

Svrtr wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:24 am
For reference, part of why Brog does not have noble clans is because the line of Umbrick fell with the halls of Umbrick. Such is why Brog also refers to its leader as thane instead of king, akin to an elected regent.

Guld is also anti-nobility by design and I am a firm believer it should embrace its anti-monarchist angle more firmly
I don't know that I would say Guld is anti-nobility really. I mean it does not have a king, but there are plenty of NPCs that are from noble houses there.

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:21 pm

msheeler wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:34 pm
Svrtr wrote:

I don't know that I would say Guld is anti-nobility really. I mean it does not have a king, but there are plenty of NPCs that are from noble houses there.
The city also grants Landed Nobility. Guld would likely be the easiest and best place to do this. Just because there is a Noble NPC house doesn't mean it has to be part of ruling the settlement.

Svrtr
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Svrtr » Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:07 pm

msheeler wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:34 pm
Svrtr wrote:

Touche. Ill clarify then the freeport has a more "No gods no masters" angle to it in my view, and the nature of the charter gives a more anti-noble pro-individualist slant to it overall. I think it'd be nice to keep a city without any official nobles in it

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:44 pm

It's hard to convey emotion via text, so no worries. No insult or anything was taken.