Request for assistance (CD key issue)

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

xDarknessdawns

Request for assistance (CD key issue)

Post by xDarknessdawns » Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:34 am

Hello everyone!

My wife and I were planning on rolling some new characters excited about the new updates! The only problem is that her account isn't allowing itself to login; we can see her characters but it's saying the CDkey or playername isn't correct. Any chance anyone could assist? Thanks guys!

xDarknessdawns

Re: Request for assistance (CD key issue)

Post by xDarknessdawns » Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:36 am

Also a heads up; I had used my wifes laptop in the past to play while I was deployed. It kept trying to login to my account, and I saw on the forums that a beamdog admin said to delete the CDkey ini so it creates a new key. I'm going to guess this is related?

Sandrow
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Sandrow » Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:38 am

Check : C:\Users\username\Documents\Neverwinter Nights" , there should be a file names like settings.tml, That's where your player name(used in forum) is. And cdkey.ini, that's where your cd key is. Considering you can see your wife's characters, I assume you are using your wife's cdkey. Thus you should edit settings.tml, and replace your player name with your wife's

xDarknessdawns

Post by xDarknessdawns » Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:56 am

Uhm, I believe her username is correct because it's showing her characters; it's just the CD key portion that is incorrect. When I logged into my steam account to play on Arelith while I was deployed it was showing my characters and when I tried to log in today under her steam account it for some reason was showing my characters on my main steam account. When I logged in on my main laptop/steam account it worked fine; but when I tried to login with my wife's steam account on her laptop it was saying the CD key was in use, even though it was an entirely separate account with it's own key. I did a google search and on the steam forums it said I needed to delete the CDkey ini to get it to fix. Now I can see her characters on her account, but it doesn't let her login and play with them.

DM Starfish
Art Director
Art Director

Post by DM Starfish » Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:22 pm

I don't fully understand the cause of the issue except that it's likely a username/cdkey mismatch. My advice is to try using a new player name when logging in to Arelith. Provided the correct cd key is being used it might clear up. If not, please post here again and someone more knowledgeable may see it.
Roleplay is a two way street.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:55 pm

If you can see her characters and not your characters than the CD key is correct.

If you are logging in and getting a CD Key mismatch it could be that the username you are using to login with is associated to someone else’s key. You should use an unique login - you can search for client identity in the settings menu if you checked off to remember the playername.

Arelith functions off CD key now for populating vaults. It isn’t based on the username. You will only be stopped from logging in if you use a username tied to someone else.

Hope that helps

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

xDarknessdawns

Post by xDarknessdawns » Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:21 pm

So I see what happened after doing some digging in the .ini files. NWN was uninstalled when I used my account to download the game from steam on my steam account; so it pulled my credentials (Playername/CD key). When I brought the laptop back after my deployment and had her steam account login it was still stuck on my account info because the .ini wasn't changed. When I deleted the .ini and had it pull again it pulled her cd key from steam so we can see her characters; but neither of us remember what her username was so because of the username mismatch (It was showing my username from my account in the .ini) and it won't let her make new characters or play with the ones in her vault. We're not particularly attached to any of the characters in her vault, so would it be possible to clear her IDs so she can play again?

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:24 pm

xDarknessdawns wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:21 pm
So I see what happened after doing some digging in the .ini files. NWN was uninstalled when I used my account to download the game from steam on my steam account; so it pulled my credentials (Playername/CD key). When I brought the laptop back after my deployment and had her steam account login it was still stuck on my account info because the .ini wasn't changed. When I deleted the .ini and had it pull again it pulled her cd key from steam so we can see her characters; but neither of us remember what her username was so because of the username mismatch (It was showing my username from my account in the .ini) and it won't let her make new characters or play with the ones in her vault. We're not particularly attached to any of the characters in her vault, so would it be possible to clear her IDs so she can play again?
This is entirely unnecessary. If you give me a character name associated with hers, I can see what is linked and assist.

Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

xDarknessdawns

Post by xDarknessdawns » Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:28 pm

Try Kindle Firemantle. Also you rock. Sorry for the inconvenience, I'll never use her laptop again >.>'

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:22 am

Sent by Private Message.