My RPG setting book - Lodestar to Karamouska

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

matheusgraef

My RPG setting book - Lodestar to Karamouska

Post by matheusgraef » Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:45 pm

Hey there Arelith. You all may know me as the artist behind the loading screen paintings, but a few people here might know that I've been working on a fantasy project for some time now. Well, it's finally here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hudFU4d7Siw
WELCOME TO CANYON-CITY…

A city within a cave taller than any other. Where the stars are precious gems encrusted upon the underground skies. A kaleidoscopic self-contained society, full of auctions of strange beasts and rare goods, fairs, carnivals and circense skyscrapers.

THE WORLD IS A BURIED GOD

Karamouska perches over an endless abyss believed to be an orifice of the buried god. The local priesthood - the Cult of the Cave - have appointed clerics to spy and hassle those who continue to defile the hole as if it were a mere subterranean landfill.

Hundreds migrate every year to settle the abyssal walls in hopes of witnessing a miracle: an earthquake where the precious stars of Karamouska would rain down upon their porches.

LODESTAR TO KARAMOUSKA

is a system neutral fantasy zine debuting the world of OMIOS URES, covering various neighborhoods, politics, local accounts, surrounding mythos and tales, plus charts of strange goods, local personalities, gossip and situations one is bound to come across while traversing Canyon-City.
OUT INTERNATIONALLY!

Lodestar to Karamouska is now available on Exalted Funeral for international purchases! 15 bucks + PDF Get it here!

Alternatively, get the digital copy for free! Click here!
A quote from Stu Horvath, from Unwinnable:

Lodestar to Karamouska is the first in a planned series of system agnostic RPG chapbooks, borrowing the basic approach of Centaur Games’ A Thousand Thousand Islands series – a look at a place, its people and how they live, but described lightly and poetically rather than exhaustively. There are many enigmas in Karamouska for you (or your GM) to unravel. Matheus is a monstrously talented artist as well, so the zine is pack full of gorgeous illustrations. They evoke feelings that are similar, I think, to those you might have when flipping through a 19th century traveler’s sketchbook, a visual chronicle of small details and the spirit of the place, rather than, say, a surveyor’s precision.
So yeah! If you want more information, you can hit me up here or join our discord where we will be working on future giveaways and posting updates about the upcoming books. Maybe we'll even get to organize an online tabletop session where we play on Karamouska! Link here!

You may also visit the webpage and sign up to the newsletter if that's your vibe!

From the bottom of my heart, a big, big thank you to everyone who supported me so far. This has been a passion project of mine and I'm incredibly excited to be releasing this. I'll be updating the thread with the link for the international release when that happens!

Oh! And before I leave:

Now go get your hands on a new pair of transmuter's socks!
Last edited by matheusgraef on Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: My RPG setting book - Lodestar to Karamouska

Post by Edens_Fall » Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:29 pm

Love the artwork! A master of your craft as always!

Mattamue
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Mattamue » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:48 am

Already preordered. Looking forward to reading!

Who is the audience for this post?

matheusgraef

Post by matheusgraef » Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:30 pm

Hey everyone! Thanks for all the kind words. Bumping the thread since the book is now out internationally!

Grab yours here: https://www.exaltedfuneral.com/products ... mouska-pdf

Alternatively, get the digital copy for *free!*: https://www.matheusgraef.com/karamouska-pdf

TurningLeaf
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by TurningLeaf » Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:56 pm

This would be a great place to wander into from the Lost Desert!