"Crimson Scribe" - an automated program for transcribing NwN dialogues

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Llopast

"Crimson Scribe" - an automated program for transcribing NwN dialogues

Post by Llopast » Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:55 pm

Hello, folks!

I am happy to present you the "Crimson Scribe" - a Python program for automatic NwN log transcription. The program (including the manual) can be found here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

What does it do?
1. If the log line does not include “[Whisper]”, “[Talk]” or “[Shout]” ignores the line;
2. If the log line includes an “exception” ignores the line. This helps to partially remove the entire lines of technical/ OOC information from the transcript.
3. Assigns an individual color code to each speaker;
4. Removes player nicknames: “[Llopast] Lutien Ivae: [Talk] Like that.” is transformed into “<cКЯt>Lutien Ivae</c> said: Like that.”;
5. Replaces the technical categories “[Whisper]”, “[Talk]” or “[Shout]” with more appropriate ones for the transcript;
6. Processes tags related to the use of languages;
7. Removes quotation marks from disguised characters' names, while giving them a separate color code from an original character of the same name;
8. Automatically creates a folder system for storing transcripts;
9. If the speaker’s name is ended by “]” like a “[Poster Wall]”, then the line is ignored.

Find more details about how exactly does the "Crimson Scribe" work, how to install and how to use it in the Manual: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MaR ... sp=sharing

The screenshot below shows an excerpt of the dialogue and the generated part of the original game log.

The screenshot below shows an excerpt of the processed dialogue (pasted into a pin) and a corresponding part of the processed log.

The screenshot below shows the classic black script interface of the "Crimson Scribe".

How do I know it is not a scam?
The program has an open code which means that you can open it with a notepad and see the code inside. Or even modify it as you wish. Ask your local Python friend to help you with the code reading/ goggle it/ ask neural network/ ask in this thread.

How do I help the project?
Send more exceptions and (working) colour codes. I will add them to the directories of the program.
Post new ways to detect undesired parts of the text to be futher excluded from the resulting transcript.
Post your feedback and wishes. Ask questions.

P.S. The Arelith team is aware of this program.

With regards,
Vasily
Llopast#6196

"The terrible thing is not that you were deceived or robbed, but that you constantly remember this."
Discord: vasily_fedorchenko

BlueRadish

Re: "Crimson Scribe" - an automated program for transcribing NwN dialogues

Post by BlueRadish » Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:54 pm

This rocks, thank you!!

triaddraykin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by triaddraykin » Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:42 am

This just got linked in the Guldorand discord server's Reference Library. I never knew about this, thank you for making it!

Alia: The uncanny knack of Angela Amana to make the otherwise perpetually well-mannered girl lose her temper and be HORRIBLY ASHAMED afterwards.

Who on the Team to PM and When
Public Tower Discord
Tower Library
Scroll, Wand, & Potion Costs

Ellisaria

Post by Ellisaria » Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:41 pm

Bookmarking.

Llopast

Post by Llopast » Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:39 am

The program seems to not work properly for other users (works perfectly fine for me though).
Investigating the matter.

"The terrible thing is not that you were deceived or robbed, but that you constantly remember this."

Ellisaria

Post by Ellisaria » Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:22 pm

Llopast wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:39 am

The program seems to not work properly for other users (works perfectly fine for me though).

Hi there! :) What's the status on this? I bookmarked it earlier, and I see that it's not working for others, so I don't want to go through the whole download/installation process if it's still borked.

Llopast

Post by Llopast » Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:38 pm

Ellisaria wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:22 pm
Llopast wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:39 am

Hi there! :) What's the status on this? I bookmarked it earlier, and I see that it's not working for others, so I don't want to go through the whole download/installation process if it's still borked.

Hello! Several atemptts were made so far. The program now activates, but bugs out when it comes to the colours :) Next try to fix it is on these weekends!