NWN Multiplayer Campaigns - Neverwinter Connections

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Face

NWN Multiplayer Campaigns - Neverwinter Connections

Post by Face » Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:20 am

This is off-topic but relates to a tweet and post from Irongron a while back.

I'm an old Arelith player from 2017 - 2019. I loved my time on Arelith but had to give it up because RL got busy. I didn't want to lose the magic of NWN RP entirely, and luckily stumbled onto the Neverwinter Connections NWN community that Irongron tweeted and posted about a while back. This is a community for connecting players with DMs of multiplayer NWN campaigns.

I'm posting here because this is a style of game that would appeal to most NWN players, particularly from Arelith, but is not well-known.

Not many current players know that NWN is not just a platform for (excellent) persistent worlds, it is also a platform for multiplayer campaigns. These are like traditional PnP campaigns but played inside NWN with a DM controlling the world, the players controlling their characters and the NWN engine handling combat and dice rolls. They are amazing, and the only thing that has come close to my Arelith experience.

At their most complex, a multiplayer campaign can involve an endlessly-growing custom world and a deep, character-driven story with hundreds of locations, NPCs, plot points, quests and random encounters for the players to engage with. To give an idea of how deep and long-running these can become, the excellent Westgate multiplayer campaign has run since 2004. Chronicles of the years of adventures and stories are available here, to give you a flavour of how campaigns work: https://gatewaytoadventure.net/neverwin ... -campaign/

If multiplayer campaigns sound like something you might be interested in, please join us on the Neverwinter Connections Discord and website. Coincidentally, both the Westgate campaign and my own Black Priory campaign (original setting, dark gothic fantasy) have playerslots open!

Twohand
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: NWN Multiplayer Campaigns - Neverwinter Connections

Post by Twohand » Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:47 pm

I've played in the first two campaigns of the Black Priory and I have to say, they were pretty awesome. Face is currently looking for a few more players to start a third campaign, so do reach out to him!

Here's some screenshots from the first two: