SpellSheet: Calling all Spreadsheetists

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

triaddraykin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

SpellSheet: Calling all Spreadsheetists

Post by triaddraykin » Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:04 pm

I've made a fair few spreadsheets in my time, and I've made a few available to the Arelith community, such as my Gem Sheet. I have another that I want to discuss today, because I want it to grow into a community project that is well beyond my capabilities.

I'm talking about turning my Magical Mercantile* into a one-stop shop for knowledge on all spells that players can cast. Everything from potion costs and wand xp loss to Spell IDs for our new SpellQueue command. I'd planned on something like what toftdal is already working on but didn't get the info needed. Integration is a possiblity, once things are cleaned up.

That's where ya'll come in. Hopefully. I want to wrangle the gigantic beast that is Arelithian Spellcasting into something that is approachable by the newest wizard, without taking away the magic of learning the system. I want to get the crunchy grindwork out of the way, all the numbers that many players make for their own selves just to have a reference for.

The sheet above represents my skill in 2017 or so. I've gotten -marginally- better, but not enough for this to become what I'm hoping for.

What I'm hoping to make, over several sheet tabs:

• A master list (human-readable) of all player-castable spells, and their Spell IDs, with a tool to build your command for you. toftdal has already made something like this, and we could put it together.

• A filterable list of all spells, filterable by several categories like scrollable, class, target, school, circle, etc.

• A static reference list for all scrollable, wandable, and potionable spells. Notes for sequencers and Spellbound Wands.

• An interactable list where you can put in how many scrolls, potions, or wands you want to make, add in a percentage for upselling, and get an estimate you can give someone for how much their request will be. This is largely what the existing sheet I've made is, but it needs updated with the new spells. So far as i know, you'd have to copy this to your own Drive to make it work without interference from others using it. Maybe we make 5 identical sheets so people can use one without interfering.

Willing to take on new ideas, too!

*Originally based off of HoneyBunny's work.

Alia: The uncanny knack of Angela Amana to make the otherwise perpetually well-mannered girl lose her temper and be HORRIBLY ASHAMED afterwards.

Who on the Team to PM and When
Public Tower Discord
Tower Library
Scroll, Wand, & Potion Costs

triaddraykin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: SpellSheet: Calling all Spreadsheetists

Post by triaddraykin » Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:08 pm

Contact info! Organization! I hit post too soon. Ah well.

I can be most easily reached by discord at TriadDraykin#5921. If this takes off, we can probably make a server of it, just for the sake of keeping things organized, posting what people want to put effort into, pooling resources and documents.

Alia: The uncanny knack of Angela Amana to make the otherwise perpetually well-mannered girl lose her temper and be HORRIBLY ASHAMED afterwards.

Who on the Team to PM and When
Public Tower Discord
Tower Library
Scroll, Wand, & Potion Costs