Unreliable Connection

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Feargys

Unreliable Connection

Post by Feargys » Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:32 pm

I am currently suffering from an unreliable internet connection. If I suddenly disappear mid role-play, please don't take it personally.

I am embarrassed to say that am also suffering from a dose of chronic dangling manifests. Whilst I have been reliably informed that these are not life-threatening, they are more than mildly inconvenient, as they require the re-downloading of certain game files on a fairly regular basis.

Feargys

Ebonstar

Re: Unreliable Connection

Post by Ebonstar » Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:37 pm

we all have been through popping in and out on occasion, so you are not the first by all means.

as to your danging manifests it sounds like the normal clean up after downloading updates. you arent re downloading, its the teams bringing us the most amazing content.

Yes I can sign

Feargys

Post by Feargys » Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:49 pm

I'm so glad. When gentlemen of a certain age hear that they have any kind of dangling manifestation, they tend to worry.

D4wN

Post by D4wN » Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:03 pm

Sounds like top Australian internet quality. I wish I was joking, but I’m not. Good luck!

Currently playing:
Thomas Castemont - Active

Liv McDowall - Shelved
Theodor Helbrecht - Rolled
Emma Young - Rolled
Ember Joyleaf-Underfoot - Rolled

DM Poppy

Post by DM Poppy » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:04 pm

Something to consider. Check the size of your NWSync file. Sometimes you can get local performance issues when things fail to be replaced and you end up with a 40GB file.

You can clear it out and then allow everything to Sync again on your next login.

It's always worth moving the files into a seperate folder until you are content that you can load and play the game. Then remove them from your system.

I'm the nice one.. I promise :twisted: