Where do you complain about DMs officially?

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Vangrant1

Where do you complain about DMs officially?

Post by Vangrant1 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:24 pm

I am curious over stupid reasons, where do you complain about DMs officially on Arelith?

AskRyze

Re: Where do you complain about DMs officially?

Post by AskRyze » Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:30 am

You're probably not going to like the answer to this, but you send a private message to the Active DMs group.

That is the official complaints/report board.

Flower Power wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:53 pm

You say this, but being MILDLY MEAN to people is treated like a war crime on Arelith.

Ork
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Ork » Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:44 am

No, no. Contact Grumpycat, Titania or Irongron individually. Do not send a complaint about a DM to all active DMs.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:50 am

Correction to my earlier message.

First attempt to reach out to DM Titania. She is the Head DM and oversees all DMs.

Failing what you deem an appropriate review, you can escalate to the Active Admins.

Last edited by MalKalz on Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by The GrumpyCat » Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:57 am

Spyre is basically right. If you want to be a bit more private, then the 'chain of command' as it were is Head DM (DM Titania) - Community Manager (Me!) then finally Server Owner (Irongron)

AskRyze wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:30 am

You're probably not going to like the answer to this, but you send a private message to the Active DMs group.

That is the official complaints/report board.

Please don't do this!

If you've got a complaint against a DM, PLEASE send it either streight to DM Titania or to the active Admins. DO NOT cc in the DM team. It's really awkward.

Thanks.

This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

AskRyze

Post by AskRyze » Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:34 am

The GrumpyCat wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:57 am

If you've got a complaint against a DM, PLEASE send it either streight to DM Titania or to the active Admins. DO NOT cc in the DM team. It's really awkward.

Thanks.

Well shit. Color me corrected. This is news to me as well, as I was under the (misguided) understanding that directly contacting DMs was a faux pas.

Very pleased to be wrong though!

Flower Power wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:53 pm

You say this, but being MILDLY MEAN to people is treated like a war crime on Arelith.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by The GrumpyCat » Sat Apr 08, 2023 12:13 am

AskRyze wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:34 am
The GrumpyCat wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:57 am

Thanks.

Well shit. Color me corrected. This is news to me as well, as I was under the (misguided) understanding that directly contacting DMs was a faux pas.

Very pleased to be wrong though!

The only situation I can see that being frowned on, is if you're 'shopping for Dms.' Which is to say 'DM Poppy gave me this ruling, so I'll ask Dm Starfish instead!' or some such.

But that's a pretty specific situation. Uh... in other general situations it Is a little better to send PMs to Active DM group, just because that way we all see it, we can all talk about it, bigger chance of someone picking it up ect. Wheres as if you send it to say, Just Dm Poppy then you may get a wait on a reply if Poppy is out dealing with Rl stuff or whatever. But it's only a matter of 'It's slightly better' - and that's all. Send to individual Dms if you want, no problem.

As said though, for complaints against DMs - send directly to Titania/me/Irongron/Admin Staff.

This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

-XXX-

Post by -XXX- » Sat Apr 08, 2023 1:16 am

C'mon! Everybody knows complaints are supposed to be expressed in angry forum posts!

REEEEEEEE!!!@!

Llopast

Post by Llopast » Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:35 pm

How do you contact Irongron?

"The terrible thing is not that you were deceived or robbed, but that you constantly remember this."
Discord: vasily_fedorchenko

Vangrant1

Post by Vangrant1 » Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:33 pm

Thanks for the honest responses concerning the subject, I never wondered until recently due to an unusual person that got banned, most people i knew that got banned were trolls,that just moved on with their lives.

Hazard

Post by Hazard » Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:55 pm

Publically on the forums while Xerah is sleeping!

Go go go.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by The GrumpyCat » Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:13 pm

Llopast wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:35 pm

How do you contact Irongron?

Sending him a PM on the forums is likely the best. If for some reason that's not possible an Email is a good next step.

Keep in mind though that he's a very busy guy IRL, it can take him a little bit of time to get to thinks.

This too shall pass.