Inclusive RP Part Deux

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

IAmSwampFoot

Inclusive RP Part Deux

Post by IAmSwampFoot » Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:23 am

A DM closed comments on the original thread long before I could comment.

To me inclusive RP is.... RP.

Too many times in my many years on Arelith have I joined a group that is intent on running through an area to get it done as quickly as possible rather than walking through and role playing through the adventure. This is important!

If your only goal is to run from XP gain to XP gain, you might be on the wrong server.

I like walking through dungeons. One it allows me to use the stealth I've invested in, and two, it allows for actual role play within the adventure. No one can RP if no one can type, and no one can read what I've typed if they are all on a a flat out run to the next spawn/area/boss.

Slow down. You can have actual RP with a group and have more fun developing your character early in it's levels. Create a character, not just a build that you have to back-fill a story for when you hit those epic levels. RP the adventure and you learn more about the character you are building.

MissEvelyn
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: Inclusive RP Part Deux

Post by MissEvelyn » Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:32 pm

IAmSwampFoot wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:23 am

A DM closed comments on the original thread long before I could comment.

To me inclusive RP is.... RP.

Too many times in my many years on Arelith have I joined a group that is intent on running through an area to get it done as quickly as possible rather than walking through and role playing through the adventure. This is important!

If your only goal is to run from XP gain to XP gain, you might be on the wrong server.

I like walking through dungeons. One it allows me to use the stealth I've invested in, and two, it allows for actual role play within the adventure. No one can RP if no one can type, and no one can read what I've typed if they are all on a a flat out run to the next spawn/area/boss.

Slow down. You can have actual RP with a group and have more fun developing your character early in it's levels. Create a character, not just a build that you have to back-fill a story for when you hit those epic levels. RP the adventure and you learn more about the character you are building.

I was nodding and smiling along every paragraph, because what you've articulated rings so true with not just me, but many of us who may miss the old days when we took our time to adventure.

I agree wholeheartedly, and I also know that you will most likely get accused of trying to police other people's RP, which I know isn't true. If anything, it's good advice to slow down and enjoy the RP.

DM Poppy

Re: Inclusive RP Part Deux

Post by DM Poppy » Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:23 pm

Let's not make a habit of immediately starting a thread on the basis that the original was locked. That is not good forum etiquette.

I'm the nice one.. I promise :twisted: