Area Content Development using Aurora

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Grimey Straatwalk

Area Content Development using Aurora

Post by Grimey Straatwalk » Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:34 pm

This is likely answered somewhere but I can't seem to find info on it.

I'd like to take an existing building and make updates/changes to it as part of our storyline using the Aurora toolkit.

Is there info how to get the files for the building and then pass to the DM for integration?

Thanks.

Xerah

Re: Area Content Development using Aurora

Post by Xerah » Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:36 pm

This is not really something that is done on Arelith. Use the fixtures that create in game to do this.

Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

DM Poppy

Post by DM Poppy » Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:54 pm

To confirm the above.

Area Development is not a mantle offered to players to fulfil at their own leisure. Area Devs work towards a goal and storyline decided by server administrators.

I'm the nice one.. I promise :twisted:

Grimey Straatwalk

Post by Grimey Straatwalk » Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:08 pm

Okay, our characters want to upgrade the building we are in and have coin to make it happen. So we can integrate into our story line to make happen.

How would I go about making that kind of request? Should I do it in game, send a message to active DMs?

Also, I would not mind contributing as an area dev myself. Who would I talk to about that?

Thanks.

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:51 pm

As mentioned, it’s not something that is done on this server side from a few rare cases (half orc camp, lodestar network, etc.)

You can create fixtures in game and place them with what’s available to be created in game just like everyone else. You can use your gold to pay people to make them, for supplies for them, etc.

Other PWs do allow you to edit areas but Arelith is not one of them.

If you want to apply for an area dev, send a PM to all Admins (not DMs) on the forum (it’s an option in the to section). You won’t be able to add something for yourself or your friends though.

Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

Grimey Straatwalk

Post by Grimey Straatwalk » Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:20 pm

Okay, thanks I will do that.

You won’t be able to add something for yourself or your friends though.

The space I have in mind to change would be considered a public area, really. Looking to upgrade the Almshouse into something more functional through our group. There are items, tables, boxes and other things scattered through it. They are not fixtures so cannot move them and its really limiting our options. That is why we had the idea to do some renovations through the help of the DM and content creators. Think someone here can help with that at all?

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:43 pm

In that case, use the suggestion forum and make some points about things that are annoying with the layout and such

Grimey Straatwalk

Post by Grimey Straatwalk » Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:06 pm

Got it, thanks.