Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:44 am
RedGiant wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:29 pm

Ah, the classics...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UKzwpYtMJk

GIVE ME CABOOSE OR GIVE ME DEATH

Very well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh3AXwolioQ

The GrumpyCat wrote:I CLICK THE HOSTIBLE BUTTON NOW U ARE DED!
Irongron wrote:The slaughter, i am afraid, will not abate.

Paint

Re: Do You Ever Wonder Why We're Here?

Post by Paint » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:47 am

I want to write and experience the kind of stories I can't write and experience on my own. Arelith facilitates that more, in my opinion, than any MMO RP scene, or even most of the NWN PWs ever could.

Plus I have friends here.

Sometimes I get too invested and I have to take a breather.

Sometimes, I avoid Arelith like the plague.

Either way, I seem to keep coming back.

legionetrangere

Post by legionetrangere » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:03 am

Because DWARVES !!!!!111!1!1!!1!!!!!
https://youtu.be/L6RU0SA274w?si=U2BM27qWVVFUOQSp

PayadorPerseguido

Norsepal

Post by Norsepal » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:21 pm

magistrasa wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:17 pm

So, why are you here?
What are you trying to accomplish?
What is Arelith offering you?
What do you get here that you can't seem to find anywhere else?

Why am I here? Well!

There are days I question it myself. Maybe some context will make it more clear. I'm a 33 year old woman, almost 34, and I am struggling. I don't make much money, I don't have many resources, I don't even have a car, so to speak, to get around and have community, have interactions with the wider world around me. This is nothing really new to me, I have been isolated away from people for most of my life, and this is simply another stage of that. Comes with the territory of being poor and disabled in the suburbs.

Throughout most of my life, I have leaned on my writing to reach out and connect to people. I'm not very good at talking in real life, I stumble over my words, but for whatever reason, get me in front of a keyboard, and the words simply flow. It's part of the reason I have managed to get some of my short stories and similar works published and sold, but unfortunately, it's inconsistent. I'm inconsistent.

There are days, weeks, months, where I simply can't write a single thing, and the gears inside my mind lock up, and it feels terrible. Arelith, thus, in one part, is training, to write more consistently, to write more often, to keep the gears inside my head moving and grooving. But I'd be lying if that was the only reason.

I'm also here because I generally get along well with a bunch of weird nerds, and y'all are a bunch of weird nerds.

I'm also here because I enjoy entertaining people, you have no idea how much joy it gives me when someone sends me a tell saying "wow this is great!", because it makes me feel like I'm really contributing to someone's experience. It's a connection, on a social level, that I simply don't get in real life anymore, not at work, not in public, nowhere.

I'm also here because it helps me develop my esoteric theories, but enough about that.

~

I'm not really quite sure. It's never really been about "what am I going to accomplish", more just vague goals and directions to point in. I want to provide a compelling story. I want to provide compelling interactions with other people in the game, I want to work with them to reach the story that they could not have by themselves.

I want to give people what I've been given, because I think that is the deepest joy in roleplay.

~

Arelith offers me a relatively consistent platform to tell the stories I want to tell, with enough flexibility to accommodate any shifts in the wind in regards to emotion or writing style that I am feeling at the moment.

~

I mean, honestly, nothing.

There are countless roleplay opportunities that exist across the internet, ranging wildly in quality. Arelith isn't even really the highest "level", I suppose, of RP that I have done. I've done things like paragraphs upon paragraphs, lovingly describing things in detail. It's why I type the way I do (i'm so sorry, RIP your rest %). I come here because, mm, I don't know.

Just vibes, I guess.

solar separation
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Location: Space Station 3 (Have you seen Carmen Miranda's ghost?)

Post by solar separation » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:39 pm

i'm here because someone i knew from gmod said neverwinter nights was the pinnacle of roleplay
and i believed it