Greater and Major Awards Options

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Xarge VI

Re: Greater and Major Awards Options

Post by Xarge VI » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:42 am

I think you already can be a chaotic good pirate without any reward. (Unless you're talking about monstrous chaotic good pirate).
As far as I'm aware there's no alignment restriction to taking Sencliff tattoos.

In Sorrow We Trust
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by In Sorrow We Trust » Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:14 am

Xarge VI wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:42 am

I think you already can be a chaotic good pirate without any reward. (Unless you're talking about monstrous chaotic good pirate).
As far as I'm aware there's no alignment restriction to taking Sencliff tattoos.

have to be non-good I thought

Regnant Phoenix
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Regnant Phoenix » Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:37 am

Sencliff requires non-good, yep!

Waldo52

Post by Waldo52 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:27 pm

Friendly reminder:

Pirate writs involve killing random merchants at sea. People who are just trying to do their jobs and feed their normal human families.

If you want to do the charming dashing Disney pirate thing I think you should just pick another port. Sencliff probably isn't the right venue for this sort of RP.

Thelight1

Post by Thelight1 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:09 pm

Friendly reminder:

You don’t have to take any of those writs. You can get to Dread by just exploring the sea and doing writs against the NPC pirates and monsters.

Waldo52

Post by Waldo52 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:34 am

Thelight1 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:09 pm

Friendly reminder:

You don’t have to take any of those writs. You can get to Dread by just exploring the sea and doing writs against the NPC pirates and monsters.

Point noted, I'm a dumby. 😢

Still, I think the cliff is the only space on the surface for evil to flourish. I'm not sure if having to split the cliff between Jeffrey Dahmer pirates and Robinhood pirates would be particularly fun.

I think we should keep the place as a hive of scum and villainy.

Ork
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Ork » Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:38 pm

Friendlier reminder, you don't need to take the murder writs, but you're consorting with and profiting an organization that does.

Hazard

Post by Hazard » Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:07 pm

Friendliest reminder, drink water and eat more fibre.

Thelight1

Post by Thelight1 » Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:59 pm

Even friendlier reminder:

Every person on the surface who takes writs consorts with an organization that condones raiding a tomb protected by a lawful good being and rewards players for slaughtering it.

Unless you’re talking about player-run factions, which you don’t need to interact with or condone either.

If we want to take it a step further, anyone who consorts with Guldorand is consorting with a faction that is at least partially run by the Red Wizards. :/

A character can consort with a faction while condemning corrupt or evil parts of it. Or at least most characters can, paladins would probably have a tough time with that.

Last edited by Thelight1 on Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thelight1

Post by Thelight1 » Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:15 pm

Returning to the original topic, at the very least it would be really cool to see an expanded list of UD races able to be pirates. Though, I’d probably put it at a major award due to the general policy being that monsters shouldn’t be on the surface very often if at all.

Waldo52

Post by Waldo52 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:38 am

Hazard wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:07 pm

Friendliest reminder, drink water and eat more fibre.

+1

Ruzuke

Post by Ruzuke » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:38 pm

Waldo52 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:27 pm

Friendly reminder:

Pirate writs involve killing random merchants at sea. People who are just trying to do their jobs and feed their normal human families.

If you want to do the charming dashing Disney pirate thing I think you should just pick another port. Sencliff probably isn't the right venue for this sort of RP.

I thought I would put on the Skal writ for the Singing Stones literally says the people you are killing are peaceful and the only reason why you are killing them is because Skal desires the rubies there.

One of the Hexblade curses I enjoy is the hex of hyporiacy you say you are a hero but you killed more than most villains.

Kuma
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Kuma » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:16 pm

Ruzuke wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:38 pm
Waldo52 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:27 pm

Friendly reminder:

I thought I would put on the Skal writ for the Singing Stones literally says the people you are killing are peaceful and the only reason why you are killing them is because Skal desires the rubies there.

One of the Hexblade curses I enjoy is the hex of hyporiacy you say you are a hero but you killed more than most villains.

There's a couple surface writs that have similarly non-good subtext to them.

The people and companies that give these jobs out are still IC! Read the text to see if your character would even accept such a job!

House Freth: Reference Information
House Claddath: Reference Information
"What's a heretic?": a guide to religious schism terminology

Irongron wrote:

4. No full screen images of the NWN gnome model (might frighten the children)

Norsepal

Post by Norsepal » Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:01 am

I would like to be able to make my guy extra bigger or smaller separate from another reward.

Algol

Post by Algol » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:30 am

Perhaps combining two lessers could be a greater award. (like a language and nobility)

Last edited by Algol on Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mustard

Post by Mustard » Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:00 pm

Dinosaur totem.

Vespidae

Post by Vespidae » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 pm

1 award rank higher for any award (except Major) but as a Noble. Some restrictions should probably apply (gnolls for instance) but having noble lineaged Planetouched for instance.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Post by Irongron » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:39 pm

I have asked team to comsider adding a less powerful animal companion (not familiar) version as an award for some years now, but I do recall there being some issues. Another one I like is a portable temporary store with moderate appraise boost.

Train las long gone on this but in general I'd prefer to have less overall reward races available at any one time and a focus on other options like summon mount, with different tier horses for different reward levels, or the ability to have a moveable quarter - a canp or caravan where one can pay to move between set list of positions (caravan positions in settlements, camp for wilds)

But, well, good ideas are easy, development less so.

I do want to end with explaining why I'd like less overall reward races at any one time though...

Managed correctly it can be a huge boost to server narrative - if only 3-4 reward races were available, AND pkayers knew it would only be temporary we would get a sudden surge in those races - communities would form, conflicts arise, and so forth. We saw this clearly just after giant races happened, or vampires. With too many options, that stay available for too long this doesn't happen so much.

Waldo52

Post by Waldo52 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:19 am

Irongron wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:39 pm

I have asked team to comsider adding a less powerful animal companion (not familiar) version as an award for some years now, but I do recall there being some issues. Another one I like is a portable temporary store with moderate appraise boost.

Train las long gone on this but in general I'd prefer to have less overall reward races available at any one time and a focus on other options like summon mount, with different tier horses for different reward levels, or the ability to have a moveable quarter - a canp or caravan where one can pay to move between set list of positions (caravan positions in settlements, camp for wilds)

But, well, good ideas are easy, development less so.

I do want to end with explaining why I'd like less overall reward races at any one time though...

Managed correctly it can be a huge boost to server narrative - if only 3-4 reward races were available, AND pkayers knew it would only be temporary we would get a sudden surge in those races - communities would form, conflicts arise, and so forth. We saw this clearly just after giant races happened, or vampires. With too many options, that stay available for too long this doesn't happen so much.

+1

While I don't really enjoy the presence of award races in general, I find that seeing a group of three or more of a certain race role playing in one place can kind of spice things up. Over the last year or so the social scene in game has been leaning noticeably more towards a proliferation of randos doing writs.

For example, while I really dislike furry/anthropomorphic animal races with a passion I find that a few kenku gathered in a corner speaking some strange language is better for server health than finding yourself in a party where one guy is the son of an earth elemental, another guy is a bird and the last guy hisses like a snake and reminds you that he has a "dark secret".

Vespidae

Post by Vespidae » Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:39 pm

Honestly, an award that grants extra skill points per level. Maybe two for greater, three for major. More flexibility for feat starved classes!