Suggestion: Speedy Quest

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Mayonnaise

Suggestion: Speedy Quest

Post by Mayonnaise » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:49 am

Allow for players that are vastly familiar with the server an option to skip the quest.

Anime Sword Fighter

Re: Suggestion: Speedy Quest

Post by Anime Sword Fighter » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:57 am

please

DirtyDeity

Post by DirtyDeity » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:14 am

Saves the easy glide over the NPCs, dumping the parcels in their faces, pressing Esc to ignore their conversations!

If Valor Were Inches
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by If Valor Were Inches » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:04 pm

If you want to skip the quest, skip it! Play right away! No change necessary. Its only a small xp penalty, as if you died and had to respawn in the fugue.

On one of my favorite character runs, I chose to ignore the quest. I died at level 2 shortly after from the sewer troll. But I kept playing the character well into the epics and had a blast.

It also gives a chance for other characters to interact:

"Hey, you must be new! I have other work for you once you are done!"*

"Hey, go on an adventure with me! I have my new dolphin summon spell to test!"*

"Hey, look over my new Euclio and Olivia Sequel! The Children come to life in this one."*

*Lines courtesy of Emily Castella.

DaTexican

Post by DaTexican » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:18 pm

I'm saving the speedy quest to be the last tick of EXP my character needs to hit lv 30 :P
Be Prepared

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:38 pm

DaTexican wrote:I'm saving the speedy quest to be the last tick of EXP my character needs to hit lv 30 :P
Be careful, I think Mithreas placed a limit on the player level to get profit of this quest... Above that cap you won't get the experience...
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by The Rambling Midget » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:46 pm

The Man of the Moon wrote:Be careful, I think Mithreas placed a limit on the player level to get profit of this quest... Above that cap you won't get the experience...
Mithreas wrote:- Adjusted the speedy messenger quest so that you can complete it after you've reached level 3 (before you hit level 4) to stop people on higher RPRs with marks of destiny running out of time to complete it.
Gotta do it before level 4.
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

DaTexican

Post by DaTexican » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:49 pm

Ahhh oh well. I thought it would of been pretty epic to say that you hit lv 30 by doing the speedy messenger quest, but fate seems to of had other plans. :P No huge loss :D
Be Prepared

Thake

Post by Thake » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:43 pm

You can still collect a bunch of rat tails and say: I turned level 30 by turning in 500 rat tails..
Mithreas wrote:PC deaths give my life meaning, people.

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by The Rambling Midget » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:33 pm

Thake wrote:You can still collect a bunch of rat tails and say: I turned level 30 by turning in 500 rat tails..
I would strongly advise against that. You're more likely to turn level 15 than level 30.
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

Stath

Post by Stath » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:49 am

Outrageous, outrageous I say! I am mortified. Where is everyone's dedication to the just, righteous and noble cause of the Speedy Delivery Service? Without which all of Arelith would crumble. CRUMBLE! It's not an easy task, you know.

For I have delivered innumerable packages. Close to ten times within ten months have I proudly strolled the streets of Cordor, bundles under each arm. DELIVER. SIGN. DEPART! But in all seriousness, this is a pretty good suggestion, but with a few small counterpoints.

It might kind of gimp new -players- who are easily confused, or just hit the wrong button, having fully intended to take the quest. It is a nice and gentle introduction to Cordor, and gives them something to go off of, I guess.

It''ll contribute a tad to making the starting experience feel kind of "Gamey", but eh. Fantastic suggestion eitherway.
Ork wrote: *who filters sexy elven fun times, really?

Kaulguard

Post by Kaulguard » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:18 am

Hey! You're lucky you have the option not to kiss the gypsy! Be happy with that.
"I foresee online gaming changing when there are good audio-visual links connecting the participants, thus approximating play in a face-to-face group."
Gary Gygax

Manabi

Post by Manabi » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:37 pm

Kaulguard wrote:Hey! You're lucky you have the option not to kiss the gypsy! Be happy with that.
I wish that option were always there. I would kiss the gypsy every time I went through that building.

Anyway, I miss being able to discuss ideas on the suggestions board - that was my favorite thing to do on the forums.

"Hey, this will never happen, but let's talk about it!"

Maybe I should make a suggestion about the suggestion board with allowing suggestions that are not really suggestions but more conversation about suggestions.
Owlbears are the only thing keeping Arelith from the D&D experience.