Discussion: True-Flamers & Enchanting

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Anime Sword Fighter

Discussion: True-Flamers & Enchanting

Post by Anime Sword Fighter » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:30 pm

Should it be considered a 'feature' or a part of what is supposed to happen for a True Flamer to be able to use Enchantment Foci to be better with the basin?

I don't know if this is a debate that's been had before, but I've read in the past from Mithreas(?)
that people shouldn't be alarmed if the ability for enchanting focuses on a True Flame Path Sorcerer to affect enchanting basin percentages is removed in the future once a fix comes for it.
Well, either it hasn't really been a humongous problem or it just hasn't been fixable.

I'd be a proponent of simply making it official that it is SUPPOSED to happen (whether or not the code says otherwise) and just let it be.
The True Flame is just manifesting their infinite control of evocative power and is able to just bathe an item in so much magic that the item will either handle it and be more powerful or just break and backlash. It seems perfectly reasonable to me when they can't even use the enchanting focuses on actual spells anyway.

Now keep in mind this discussion doesn't apply to the "-spell" commands. (Of which I'd say they should NOT be granted access to unless it's an evocation spell in nature)

Discuss.

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Re: Discussion: True-Flamers & Enchanting

Post by The Man of the Moon » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:00 am

True Flame sorcerers can ONLY use Evocation epic spells,

This means they can't have access to enchanting school... so by extension, they should never get any advantage on the enchanting basin than any non caster.

But I could let them have the power to reduce to dust and ashes any enchanted item in a basin (without penalty on experience). ;)

I see a true flame more like a destructive Arcane Force of Nature, with magical ammo to fires the entire world while enchanting requires the most refined and polished complex enchantments to create a magical item...
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you