Guldohaven or Soulorand?

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Artos13
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Guldohaven or Soulorand?

Post by Artos13 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:47 am

Something I forgot to mention too, you may have noticed that the monk guy in Soulhaven now says that the requirements to live there are only 7 monk levels now, instead of 10. I noticed before that there were only 2 quarters being rented in Soulhaven, hopefully its new location and lower monk req's will fill the place.

Yma23

Post by Yma23 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:40 am

Um.. oh gosh I sound like such a downer here but...

Guldorand is really difficult to get to for low levels. I mean - really difficult. Impossible without help in fact. OK, you've got the Caravan, but if you get there at the wrong time, then you can still be effectivly stuck in one settlment for up to half a RL hour. possibly with little to no RP. This remoteness has, in fact, made Guldorand a place where -only- mid to high levels really ever visit.
Changing the level requirement is nice - but honestly I think I'dexpect to see the quarters used less in their location, not more. Too difficult for low levels to get to, as I said.

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:51 am

Yeah... that requirement lowering is multiclass people, not for low level people. Whether it was intended to be or not, it is.
Layla Rashmi: Fighting off alien monsters and sleeping with Amazon Moon Maidens... FOR SCIENCE!

ShaleStone

Post by ShaleStone » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:58 pm

There is actually a pre-existing agreement between Guld and Bendir that states that Soulhaven is not owned by either party and is for all intensive purposes neutral territory, can we please ensure that Soulhaven is accessible to anyone even if they have been exiled.

Also, Soulhaven has always been a place of learning for all orders to be a part of, this now means the township can restrict certain orders and faiths from Soulhaven.

CAN IT HAVE A BACKDOOR PLEASE!

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:45 pm

I've never seen Guld with more than 25 citizens. If the monks of Arelith don't like how the town is handling the monastery, maybe you should see how the town likes being run by monks? Arpee for all!

But yeah, the Crags are kind of riddled with caves and things, so a back door wouldn't exactly be immersion-breaking.
Layla Rashmi: Fighting off alien monsters and sleeping with Amazon Moon Maidens... FOR SCIENCE!

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:50 pm

Rystefn wrote:I've never seen Guld with more than 25 citizens. If the monks of Arelith don't like how the town is handling the monastery, maybe you should see how the town likes being run by monks? Arpee for all!
I though the Monastery had his own authority, apart of the town...something like what happened with the arcane tower when it was inside Cordor.
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:16 pm

It has what the town gives it. The only thing it mechanically has to separate it from the town is that Guld officials can't evict people from the quarters inside.