"Only in the deepest darkness may shine the brightest light."

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

LIAR LIAR

"Only in the deepest darkness may shine the brightest light."

Post by LIAR LIAR » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:20 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU51jVfEN68

It's the Whisper kudos. Oh man. What a ride this has been. And it's not even over yet.

I accidentally deleted my first version of this, but that was really long anyway. I tried to do it more down and dirty, but that was really long too anyway. So I'll just name people who seriously were major players in what I call the "Whisper visual novel" and do some rambling for a while. Some of these people only had one to two interactions with Whisper, because she was extremely focused on isolating herself from her feelings and especially people who might cause her to face them, but Ive heavily considered roleplay from or as a result of all of the people in this list very carefully every day as Whisper.

She was always badly, badly corrupted, but she was a young girl, a noble girl, who had been seized by darkness so early on she couldn't know better. She was an innocent sort of evil. One who didn't believe that evil was bad, and that for the right purposes, anything was okay. She tried to do what she considered 'right.' She didn't think it was right to call anyone evil unless they were enslaving or torturing people. She was always corrupted, but not completely fallen.

I played her like she was basically two different people, but in reality, she was just extremely bipolar and disassociating all the time because her family is dead. Her mental health situation was and still is in a pretty extreme state, which is why she went after the things she did. She just wanted to die, but she had to avenge her family. So she did terrible things for power. But she's turning her back on that now and wants to do right for the world.

Without further ado: Denny "Dad Jokes" Walvish, Eilwyn, Huron, Kessarin, Skarta, Balthasar, Sirius, Itzal, this one Infernalist I can't remember the name of who I think disguised as The Seer, Mackenzie Graves/Finn, Xun'sali/Mila, Theodor total psycho Helbrecht, Vr'iima, Elspeth, Fjarna, Lilian, Adelyn, Lucky (Yeah even u bud,) Johnathan Rigsby you make the list too for that time with Lucky they all just had fun together, Giscard, Emma not so psycho Young, Nylaathria, Vincent Grimwald, Myzzrin.

This list might receive further additions as the day goes on.

I can't even begin to name all the people Ive just had fun roleplaying with on Whisper. Those who are on the list kind of experienced Whisper's real side or offered her some kind of very dynamic experience that helped her transform as a person. I know a lot of people have tried to help Whisper, and desperately too. But not everyone got through to her. She was hard to reach for, and resisted people really strongly. It took the right moment of vulnerability or a metric ton of effort to crack her steel heart and really get to hear Whisper's feelings for once.

Ive had a really good time on this character thanks to everyone. I'm looking forward to more.

Asutii

Re: "Only in the deepest darkness may shine the brightest light."

Post by Asutii » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:33 pm

augh

D4wN

Post by D4wN » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:36 pm

I look forward to continuing developing our relationship especially with Theodor and Whisper. It has been one heck of a ride so far.

Currently playing:
Thomas Castemont - Active

Liv McDowall - Shelved
Theodor Helbrecht - Rolled
Emma Young - Rolled
Ember Joyleaf-Underfoot - Rolled

Snake2512

Post by Snake2512 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:52 pm

Whisper is good

Denny Lynndain-Walvish, certified rude boy - Rolled
Lysanthir Ellenocen - Shelved
Reznov Willensbane - Rolled
Vald Machjarak - Rolled
Gaderel Anjou, certified lawful good - Active
Rodolfo Duskvale, certified funny guy - Rolled
Ghug Sord - Extinguished

MegaJeff

Post by MegaJeff » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:59 am

Whisper is a very engaging character to roleplay with. I felt that it was always extremely important in regards to what I said because she was ready to fly off the handle at any moment. Which offered a significant 'challenge' to the roleplay, but also a greater appreciation for her story and moments. My character definitely developed a lot alongside her. See you soon!

neverwinternightly

Post by neverwinternightly » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:18 am

We haven't gotten to actually rp with one another on many occasions, but the tidbits I've gleaned from those moments have been great! I look forward to more opportunities as things go on.

Cthuletta

Post by Cthuletta » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:55 pm

Aww <3 Lucky likes Whisper too, and I've always enjoyed the rare moment when Tiffa gets to see a little bit more of Whisper behind that bird helmet. She's a very interesting character, I enjoy her a lot!

Juniper Oakley - Just A Wee Bit Batty

Ny'aza 'Peggy' Philor'tyl - Travelling
Tiffa Took Hss'tafi - Happy in Sigil (Rolled)

Kessarin

Post by Kessarin » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:57 pm

Whisper is a grumpy drunk.

<3
Come visit the Carmichael Corner Café - located in the corner of Guldorand's town square near the Counting House and Speedy Messenger Service.

• new menu items featured every IG month!
• social opportunities - see and be seen!

ScalesofEquilibrium

Post by ScalesofEquilibrium » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:01 pm

The roleplay I've had with you on both of my PC's has been fun! Can't wait for more!

Flower Power

Post by Flower Power » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:26 pm

Uh. You forgot Steve.

Wow.
what would fred rogers do?

LIAR LIAR

Post by LIAR LIAR » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:32 am

Flower Power wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:26 pm
Uh. You forgot Steve.

Wow.
I KNEW STEVE ON A DIFFERENT CHARACTER

BronxFury

Post by BronxFury » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:44 am

Whisper gives 10/10 hugs. Can confirm. <3
Current: Myzzrin Brightburst (Young, Fun and Full of Hugs)

Former: Granny Stabbums (Just a Sweet Ol' Granny...)