It was fun... Cya!~

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

jp.ping14

It was fun... Cya!~

Post by jp.ping14 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:28 am

Sooooo... It has come to this.
I'd like to say goodbye to everyone here in Arelith community. I don't know when will I be able to get back, or if I would even get back to playing. For the past few weeks, I've been trying to just log on and play for a few hours. Finding myself alone for the most parts of the game.

The game for me has become more of a task that actual fun. It's like, "Hey, I have to get back to the game to deliver a lecture on DnD and Arelith lore... And I've got lots of things hanging with my character that I have to progress". Do not get me wrong, it still is fun, but I have things going on in my RL too. I just woke up one morning, logging on to my character saying... "This shouldn't be a chore, I should be having fun, this is a break from RL afterall."

It was really a blast, back when I was new to the university and was not so tight, playing games almost always on my vacant slots. Playing Lam-ang, Tezcatlipoca, and Vilindra... definitely a great experience. It's like a chatroom of sorts, but you get to "see" the character you're chatting with, and all of them "behave" in a manner that feels like RL but detaches itself from reality by the use of magic and sorcery.

The bald farmer shaman, Lam-ang, was the first one I played. Light keep, a blast from the past. Watched it go down (Thomas Miller and Haston curse you! =D), and looked at my own character in despair. Ending in a mad frenzy, seeking only revenge in the end. From a light hearted and even headed man, to one filled with fiery vengeance. Righteous? I have no clue... vengeance will be sought, no matter the cost. The will of Horus-Re guides him now, in his quest for retribution.

Tezcatlipoca, yes, named from an Aztec god of war. Maztican warrior, an outcast in his tribe. Half-orc I was fond of playing when I feel the need for some laughs. He's rude, likes to drink, and howls at women! (Yeah, tell me about it. The number of female avatars who seems to have a shortage of cloth in their dress.) Was really fun. He found a job as a lumberjack in Cordor, spending his coin for good ol' booze and gambling. He'd get so wasted he'd barf just about anywhere... the nomad table, the trashcan, on other patrons... and... the well. (Hm, probably contributed to the poison save on a specific well.) He just wanted to be happy, to belong... somewhere. Sadly though, the story never progressed for him. I was hoping he'd be able to belong somewhere, a rugged, rude but kind-hearted half-orc.

And finally, Vilindra. My favorite character so far. My first take on a female avatar. The first idea was to be a happy go lucky elf, but... apparently I made an error when I took the sun elf as a race. So... I decided to go with the most usual one, be a snobbish, elitist elf... who thinks she's smarter than anyone else. Arrogant and direct to the point. Serious and stern, at times even delivering jokes without her knowing it was funny. Easily annoyed by humor, but finds happiness in peace and solitude. Its an interesting concept for me because I feel there's a part of me RL that I placed in Vilindra. Though, despite all the attitude, she's caring... though, she just doesn't show it nor speak of it. She would usually just leave and shudder when things become too emotional around her. She's not used to it, and would rather do her thing than be involved in emotionally charged conversations. Alot of characters she has met... Nakaia, Thomas Miller's elf, Elessar, Dudicus' elves for most of the arcane. Myon was fun, though a bit closed. Though it worked for her (And for me too, since oddly enough, that place is populated during my playtime.)

To everyone, Thank you for the experience you've given me. It was really fun, it takes out the stress of everyday life. But now, I believe I must focus on things that matters the most to me RL, my future. Will be a Medical Clerk soon, papers to accomplish, and patients to see. It's interesting that my characters do reflect a bit of my personality RL, my passion in healing (Lam-ang), my fondness of parties and drinking (Tezcatlipoca), and my interests in reading (Vilindra). To some extent, I feel like I am emotionally attached to some characters I have interacted with while playing this game. And to me, this is the most addictive aspect of it. To feel that connection when you are interacting with somebody (or friction for that matter), and be able to feel it through your character.

In short: I love you all. I may still play, but not as frequent as before. Maybe when I comeback I'll be on a new avatar. Foes and friends IC, a pleasure to having spent some time with you. It's sad but I have to do this somehow, else I'll be splitting my life into two. If only I can live in both worlds. But such is not the case. My best wishes to everyone in this server. I'll definitely miss you. =D

Seekeepeek

Re: It was fun... Cya!~

Post by Seekeepeek » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:30 am

Vilindra was the best played elf on Arelith in my world. So much respect from me and good luck in life. :)

P Three
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by P Three » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:57 am

Vilindra is the best.

Stay safe and drop in from time to time. Let us know everything's good. :)
"Fail your Death Attack? Boomstick. Immune to sneak attacks? Boomstick. Gnome? Boomstick." ~ Baron Saturday

farnese
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by farnese » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:28 pm

I still have Lam Ang's crafted items on some toon.
Loved the effort you did put in creating the descriptions.
I'd say take a break and come back with something new :)

Mr_Rieper

Post by Mr_Rieper » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:03 pm

You'll be missed jp.ping14.

Mostly for being a cool Knight-senpai to Rannos, but also for scoffing at his halfbreed nature as well.

Hope to see you back someday (when you can play regularly).
CosmicOrderV wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 4:55 pm
Be the change you want to see, and shape the server because of it. Players can absolutely help keep their fellow players accountable.

Yma23

Post by Yma23 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:28 pm

You're a wonderful part of the server, I'll really miss your presence and I wish we could have interacted more. Valindira was so delightfully snobby - I loved her! And Lam Ang was wonderfully realized. I love how unqiue and interesting all your characters were, and your descriptions are splended. Best of luck in the future.

vaclavc

Post by vaclavc » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:05 pm

Vilindra is awesome and my elf keeps some of the artifacts she made!
-V-
Retired characters: Thazmudin; Cyrianthir; Zalastrien; Nebuzirah; Qaenuhir; Toruvilen Sivolun; Vaeluzir.

Waigoogin

Post by Waigoogin » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:18 am

Ana remembers Lam! gl in whatever you're doing!

Devil Dog
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Devil Dog » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:22 pm

Vilindra was pretty bad Snuggybear. A damn good rp'er you are, way out of my league but it was fun. See ya around some time eh.

Riz'zen

Rattus_norvegicus99
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Rattus_norvegicus99 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:56 am

I remember Lam! Enjoy your life, and you're absolutely right. Gaming should not be a chore.
John 3:16

Skype Arelith.rat

Ping14
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Ping14 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:49 pm

LoL. Back!

MRFTW

Post by MRFTW » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:34 pm

Holy necro, welcome back!

TheEssence

Post by TheEssence » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:47 pm

Awww! I remember Lam-ang!
You had a store by the inn outside Benwick if I remember correctly, full of items with lovely descriptions!

Recharge your batteries mon, eventually you'll be back :)

Till then.. So long! And thanks for all the fish!

[ I clearly don't look at dates ¬_¬ ]
Last edited by TheEssence on Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Adora Ashallin - Back to mainland (Rolled)
Farnese Vannucci - Left the island (Rolled)
Akari Steelcold - Back to Kozakura (Rolled)
Elderith Ashalley - Serving in Celestia (Rolled)

Curve

Post by Curve » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:51 pm

Mr_Rieper wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:03 pm
Rannos
That's Lord Rannos to you, mister.

Dovesong

Post by Dovesong » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:24 pm

Ping14 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:49 pm
LoL. Back!
They always come back. :P
In'iira - Woman of Many Talents.

Lily-Rose - Daughter of the storm

Cuchilla
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Cuchilla » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:28 pm

Seems like a good idea with break! It is sound to listen to what your heart tells you.

You came back, and the fun will hopefully be there again. ;)
Last edited by Cuchilla on Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aloise "Lois", Biarray "Ray", Uniethrade. INACTIVE: Ivory Bushdiggger DEAD: Cuchilla. Beliat, Clyasy. Cristyn. Fadriatta. Fraya Stensamler (Chief Librarian). Goirin. Greensleeves. Gwydynya. Hilda. Kaxandra. Trista. Willisa.

Zavandar

Post by Zavandar » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:26 pm

guys look at the date

he is back, not leaving
Intelligence is too important

triaddraykin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by triaddraykin » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:42 pm

Ping14 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:49 pm
LoL. Back!
For those that read only the first and last posts.
Alia: The uncanny knack of Angela Amana to make the otherwise perpetually well-mannered girl lose her temper and be HORRIBLY ASHAMED afterwards.

Who on the Team to PM and When
Public Tower Discord
Tower Library
Scroll, Wand, & Potion Costs

AnselHoenheim
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by AnselHoenheim » Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:41 am

Lam-ang has never been forgotten from the times when my druid became a knight of the Radiant Heart, amazing character and amazing player.

And now that you have returned I expect big things happening (How did I miss this post in six years still baffles me <.<)

Whiskey

Post by Whiskey » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:24 am

welcome back after a nice long break :)

lots of updates in 6 years lol

Riz'zen been on the shelf for a loooooong time now.

Xantor_Stromgate
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Xantor_Stromgate » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:12 am

jp.ping14 wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:28 am

Sooooo... "This shouldn't be a chore" ...
But it is lad, it is ...

Nothing of true value comes without first great sacrifice.

You have passed your first test ...

See you soon, for we have such sights to show you ...
It's all peaches 'n' cake!