My Long Overdue Thanks!

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Ping14
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

My Long Overdue Thanks!

Post by Ping14 » Tue May 10, 2022 11:38 am

Hi, its me. I don't know how to start this but here it goes. Pardon if I may miss anyone, my memory is terrible even in RL. I tend to remember events rather than individuals. But here's my list:

Gaderel and Aesa - The overpowered toons on Valindra's (and mine) first journey in Skaljard. Showed her strength of character, despite only speakin elven in the first few RL months.

TraumaTeam - Despite rolling with so many different characters, I always meet most of them by chance. Skade, Leofric and the Sharindlarite priestess, all on different characters of mine. Skade taught my elf common, then she gave her elven in return. Fast paced RP while dungeoneering is great with this fella, and even on slower days by the fire managed to give depth to my own toon.

Raewynn's player - my first toon since hiatus, her considered first ever friend on Arelith. Needed a carpenter, first one I asked managed to be one. Very lucky too since she's very consistent on this character, sadly the tea and gossip club never came to be due to RL reasons on my part. Plus Valindra is a lore heavy character and its very tiring to play one, so many things to prep before actually engaging. I'd rather hit the books on RL things (but wanna be a nerd on this aswell, but - priorities). (Also, the playable deck! Pls some one fix it, I cant for the life of me make it work. XD... I know wrong thread)

The random sun elf bard that tricked Valindra to doing the quest in search of the Purple Fun Guy (And the hin that went along with the quest). Ah, yes! One of the unforgettable events in Skaljard. While looking for a party to travel to Skaldark, this Sun Elf tricked Valindra that the mayor is looking for a purple fun guy instead. While there's no mechanic enforcing inability to understand common, I just went ahead because why not, could lead to interesting stuff, and it did. I was personally laughing infront of my PC while letting Valindra get duped by the bard, then the hin plays along with it ( willowsby weathersby or something, the hin with one epic stache)

SunshineAndRoses(?), or something like that. Started on skal, the transmuter turned spellsword. One of those that Vashta can rely to despite being a weirdo herself. A good change of pace when I played shaman, from a lore heavy character to someone who doesnt know much about civilization. Takes the prep out of the way, making playing more spontaneous, and Relyn brought out my inner tribal shaman by interacting with her constantly, even sending her to Dark Heart when she got evicted.

Lothar and Aisling(?), ah the first conflict Vashta ever encountered, with both of them so stubborn, and Vashta aswell, mix them all together then there's trouble. The play time differences is a bit difficult to address tho, but managed to close it just fine with Vashta's eviction. Lots of tension, superb!

Druid Grove (Sanngetall, forgot the rest - the druid that now takes care of books, then the previous grand druidess, and Nella Fryar) - Interaction was brief and substantial with the hermit pushing Vashta's insight to things. Makes her realize despite not being smarts, she's wise.

Dax Corbin - owner of bread and breakfast, Vashta's companion at the camping grounds at Temple of Silvanus. Could've evolved to something great, but alas she was evicted to Dark Heart.

Lynneue - Too bad she's away now, such a great character. From confronting Valindra about the searching she's been doing at the crypts of Skal to slowly becoming her friend. The three of them, Raewynn, Valindra and her couldve started a gossiping club! But I got burnt out of playing her due to how I have to deep i have to keep digging into lore just to give her substance.

Myon - Settlement brimming with activity. Karathas Flash in the Pan, Vaeryll and Valentino takes the special mention but if youre not listed, and have intrracted with my toons, considered yourself honored. Too bad Vashta never had the solution to her Inevitable problem here but...

The random cleric of Tyr Vashta met at Radiant heart (Raposa). While I was running my personally ran quest for mechanus, Vashta met this cleric and offered aid to appeasing "noodle arms" tertian and removing her print in their system. With the trespass to Mechanus forgiven, Vashta can now resy easy at night and will likely cautiously visit mechanus if she even have to.

To all that I bugged during my own personal quest for the Inevitables and Vashta's imprint. You guys have my thanks. Its one of my few attempts of making something out of the environment and setting given to us by the creators of arelith. It was a great run, alot of trial and error, and alot of exchanges was made. (Includes the Earthkin Arcanum, Abdiel Calibrant, Arcane tower and all the mages Vashta called bookworms)

The random pickpocket in Skal - While rolling with my dwarf Thaldric, he was pickpocketed in Skaljard. Being the pissed dwarf, Thaldric decided to smear the scrolls he placed on the ground with wolf dung, and to my surprise the pickpocket rolled with it, then chaos followed as almost half of Skal went for the thief after showing himself. Best one liner I have heard from a pickpocket.

MarkRed - One of the first dwarves Thaldric met and Brog. Im trying to make a monk of Hanseath work, so where else to start than a dwarven Tavern. We redesigned Big Rhek's Tavern from the ground up. Making a long long feasting halls near the kegs. The dwarven support was great, so many got involved.

"Jack the Knife" - an unexpected conflict while at the Nexus Falls. The grumpy Thaldric was annoyed at the lady (if you could call her that), and decided to forget about being a Ruhn Monk and throw hands like in the good old days while he was running a tavern. Enter Thaldric Steeltankard vs Jack the Knife, a fist fight infront of the nexus falls, the first PVP I ever tried. I felt bad because of the level gap (Thaldric was way above his teens), but nevertheless it ended well. I had subdual just incase but managed to break out of it just in time. Was looking forward to the time that there's a dagger behind Thaldric's back while tending to Big Rhek's Tavern, sadly it was around the time that I found playing shaman more fun than the grumpy bald dwarf.

Brogendenstein - Another great settlement, but again, my playtime is different from most of them. But when I do catch them, wow, a new experience everytime. Vongnor the commoner sailor (whatever did happen to all those maps? I was curious where it would lead by I got tired of collecting them, it was like 2 pieces off I think). The stubborn and old Malekdorn, Regent Oak, the redbeards, and the dexbarian gnome who showed Thaldric places. Sadly I get more mileage on myon based on the time I play, hence abandoning Thaldric for now (But the Tavern and Monestary of Ruhn still stands so hurrah!)

Tim (the umberlee priest) - the interaction was brief, started with the Thaldric publicly stating his disapproval of the shrine. I was never expecting anything out of the redescribed fixtures, but something came out of it. Saw the pirate pissed, so Thaldric went ahead to become his bartender at Big Rhek's Tavern. The tension hiding in their brief conversation was slowly building, sadly he drowned and the tension just faded and never got its release.

Here's to old friends that I havent seen in a long while, I know you're out there, just cant seem to find you! dudicus_maximus, MissMay, caldus_oat, firsala, simon (the ranger paladin, i was about to type bolivar, but thats the spanish explorer!), Kirito, Yma.

To the devs that kept the place running. Wow, the sheer amount of dedication from the devs is simply stunning. Before updates was like coming never, but now its like every other day! Im glad to be a part of this community. It was always there when I need escape from reality, and for that, much thanks... truely. Arelith is blessed to have such dedicated devs and DMs. Truly a work of passion coming from these guys.

Im toning down my gaming for now, but will be around still for some shenanigans. I'll see you all wonderful people in game. You guys make this world breathe.
Last edited by Ping14 on Tue May 10, 2022 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dari

Re: My Long Overdue Thanks!

Post by Dari » Tue May 10, 2022 1:10 pm

A good dwarf who helped Vongnor with sailing and handing out map pieces along with sailing gear. RIP Thaldric you will be missed. I always wondered where you went
Henry Crowe - Dead

Snake2512

Post by Snake2512 » Tue May 10, 2022 1:46 pm

Valindra was cool and fun

Denny Lynndain-Walvish, certified rude boy - Rolled
Lysanthir Ellenocen - Shelved
Reznov Willensbane - Rolled
Vald Machjarak - Rolled
Gaderel Anjou, certified lawful good - Active
Rodolfo Duskvale, certified funny guy - Rolled
Ghug Sord - Extinguished

Ping14
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Ping14 » Tue May 10, 2022 2:22 pm

Dari wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 1:10 pm
A good dwarf who helped Vongnor with sailing and handing out map pieces along with sailing gear. RIP Thaldric you will be missed. I always wondered where you went
Oh no, he's not yet dead. Just stopped playing for awhile since Brog's peak is very different from my playtime. I had to like wake up early in the morning or sleep very late for Brog.

MarkRed

Post by MarkRed » Mon May 16, 2022 1:18 pm

Ping14 wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 2:22 pm
Oh no, he's not yet dead. Just stopped playing for awhile since Brog's peak is very different from my playtime. I had to like wake up early in the morning or sleep very late for Brog.
I've had to do the very same with Hesen, but I'm glad to hear hes still potentially kicking around!

Table&Chair Brick Wall | RedKnight Quartermaster | World's friendliest Tormite | Average Book Enjoyer Luskan | Stutter Elf Archer | Pie Goddess' #1 Fan | Best Slave Luskan | Deadpanned Luskan |

Communication, the only thing that matters.

kirisin

Post by kirisin » Tue May 17, 2022 9:29 am

Oh, I'm Abdiel not sure who I've interacted with I get so many questions thanks for includeing me.

Out... Out of mine kitchen. Away with thee!

Ping14
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Ping14 » Wed May 18, 2022 2:32 pm

kirisin wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 9:29 am
Oh, I'm Abdiel not sure who I've interacted with I get so many questions thanks for includeing me.
The interaction was brief. I think it was only two meetings.
Abdi is cool, glad you're sticking with her.

Peachoo
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Peachoo » Fri May 20, 2022 6:19 pm

I'm not sure I ever got to interact with Valindra, but interactions with Avashta are always wild. Hope to see you in game sometime!