JVM

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

LivelyParticle
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

JVM

Post by LivelyParticle » Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:44 pm

Welp, with Kohlim going it doesn't make sense for Jasna to stick around so my time to say farewell as well.

Jasna Volodyevna Meshcherskaya came over with a contingent of her house to see her sister brought safely to her betrothed, finding out not all was what it seemed when they arrived... but trying to make the best of it. A ton of stuff happened which all led up to and ended in her sailing a Red Wizard's ship to sink as many pirates and slavers as she could - a happy irony.

Eventually living happily ever after? I hope so!

Too many people to give kudos to; but I'll try and just apologize if I forget you. If I spoke to you - however briefly - thanks and know I appreciate any RP efforts!

• Meshcherskaya. I'd never thought about playing a noble before, but when I got pulled into this group with the concept we had it seemed fun, and it was! I'd also never played in a group with other family members before, so a lot of this was entirely new to me. Thanks for the good times guys and girls and I hope some of you who've already disappeared will one day return!

• Kohlim Van Dorf, duh, the RP was just too fun to not have Ms. Snooty Pants fall for the roguish sellsword. He was one of the few people Jasna could reliably count on and that meant a lot in the early days of being in Cordor when everything seemed to be not going so well - and it wasn't! Coincidently also the first wedding/marriage I've RP'd so that was fun. The drama on the way, though! I did actually wonder if they would or wouldn't at one point. Many good times with you and I hope it's not a goodbye forever! You're awesome!

• Seraphina and Destrus - you two were great frenemies turned enemies, though I'm sad we never got to have a sea-showdown in the end (but also glad? You guys were badasses after all). Alas! I enjoyed our exchanges though, you're great players and it shows.

• Davis White, Fong Li, Gradlon, everyone who tagged along with Davis' crew. Lead by a salty sea dog - Jasna learnt a lot from Davis and while we had our little band together it was amazing, even though we didn't always win and got our feet wet more times than I'd like to admit. I'm sad it didn't last very long, but the RP we had on the way was fantastic and it led to an interesting direction for Jasna that was entirely new to experience. Ship life! You guys all rocked.

• Uskura Uuthrakt - I knew this dude was fun from my Tilari days and he didn't disappoint with Jasna's interactions, even though they were drastically different from the elf'th. I have to say working with you was great, I dug the various interactions we had from the start, negotiations, working on the ship, meeting your various connections around the isle etc. Super fun dynamics that I'm actually really sad to be leaving behind. Take good care of her!

• Anyone who sailed on the Whispering Wind - having keys to the ship made me realise how tough getting a crew together is, and how much it can really feel like work. The aforementioned Davis made it look so easy. It's not, not without a solid crew you can rely on. This I won't miss, the organisation - but the many people I met and sailed with was what made it worthwhile. So thanks, all of you!
    Rainey
    Salah Al-Layth
    Ayiesha Dahyarif
    Talaskar Tigmark
    Angelo
    Isoviel
    Alric Tarrowin
    Isaac
    Lothair Rivalen
    Gynnie Robins
    Slurts
    Sil'avesi
    Aenwyn

Anyone else who sailed with JVM!

• Lhargh - Awesome character, and you helped a lot to get stuff for the upgrades, thanks so much for that! I'm sad I never got him to join the crew properly! Sails like an anchor, eh? Anchors sail! Attached to the ship! (I'd just have to pressgang him, right? Exceptions could have been made.)

• Rainey of the Treasure Traders! Absolutely not just a simple commoner! Appreciated all yer help with everything along the way, wish we had more times together!

• Kylar Huxley - I OOCly was so tempted to sail on both the Levi and the WW after his offer and seeing what a cool band you put together, but there's only so much time in a day! Thanks for the offer though and for being willing to have judgemental Jasna aboard. Keep being awesome and taking people sailing.

• Rhett Blackthorn - I knew he was trouble when he bailed after being given the first proper job (and even before, really) - though I enjoyed the RP and the brief times we met since then, even despite the circumstances of our meetings. Such a scoundrel.

• Brauka Odakar - He is such a sweetheart under that gruff exterior, keep being a good guy! (but not too good, because, you know...)

• Jach Wennes - in a similar vein to Kohlim's player kudos, for the wedding and being a fun character to play with!

• Grymmiirn - of so many names. I tried once to recite them all and it did not go well, as I'm sure you noticed. Props to you for doing that - hahaha! You were fun and I really loved the little custom items/treats you hand out, very cool. I may steal this idea for a future person if I make someone new.

• Xalden Grantz - gotta give props to the dude who helped save Kohlim and had some great RP sessions with before the happenings.

• Kesimir - another dude who helped Kohlim, and though Jasna didn't like him at all I can appreciate a well-RP'd character who rubs people the wrong way. Kudos!

• Gilfred - sad not to be around to see more of you and where he ends up but I enjoyed our interaction! I absolutely would have advocated for him should Jasna have been sticking around.

• Gynnie Robins - Jasna's not much of a diplomat, so our interactions was a bit like chalk and cheese I felt, but I think it worked well! Gynnie was cool - even if she did give Jasna Volodyaevna inappropriate nicknames. <3

• DM Corruption - for the super cool events you did with us - so creative, and also terrifying for Jasna! Would do it all again A+++

Biolab00
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Re: JVM

Post by Biolab00 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:52 am

LivelyParticle wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:44 pm

Welp, with Kohlim going it doesn't make sense for Jasna to stick around so my time to say farewell as well.

Jasna Volodyevna Meshcherskaya came over with a contingent of her house to see her sister brought safely to her betrothed, finding out not all was what it seemed when they arrived... but trying to make the best of it. A ton of stuff happened which all led up to and ended in her sailing a Red Wizard's ship to sink as many pirates and slavers as she could - a happy irony.

Eventually living happily ever after? I hope so!

Too many people to give kudos to; but I'll try and just apologize if I forget you. If I spoke to you - however briefly - thanks and know I appreciate any RP efforts!

• Meshcherskaya. I'd never thought about playing a noble before, but when I got pulled into this group with the concept we had it seemed fun, and it was! I'd also never played in a group with other family members before, so a lot of this was entirely new to me. Thanks for the good times guys and girls and I hope some of you who've already disappeared will one day return!

• Kohlim Van Dorf, duh, the RP was just too fun to not have Ms. Snooty Pants fall for the roguish sellsword. He was one of the few people Jasna could reliably count on and that meant a lot in the early days of being in Cordor when everything seemed to be not going so well - and it wasn't! Coincidently also the first wedding/marriage I've RP'd so that was fun. The drama on the way, though! I did actually wonder if they would or wouldn't at one point. Many good times with you and I hope it's not a goodbye forever! You're awesome!

• Seraphina and Destrus - you two were great frenemies turned enemies, though I'm sad we never got to have a sea-showdown in the end (but also glad? You guys were badasses after all). Alas! I enjoyed our exchanges though, you're great players and it shows.

• Davis White, Fong Li, Gradlon, everyone who tagged along with Davis' crew. Lead by a salty sea dog - Jasna learnt a lot from Davis and while we had our little band together it was amazing, even though we didn't always win and got our feet wet more times than I'd like to admit. I'm sad it didn't last very long, but the RP we had on the way was fantastic and it led to an interesting direction for Jasna that was entirely new to experience. Ship life! You guys all rocked.

• Uskura Uuthrakt - I knew this dude was fun from my Tilari days and he didn't disappoint with Jasna's interactions, even though they were drastically different from the elf'th. I have to say working with you was great, I dug the various interactions we had from the start, negotiations, working on the ship, meeting your various connections around the isle etc. Super fun dynamics that I'm actually really sad to be leaving behind. Take good care of her!

• Anyone who sailed on the Whispering Wind - having keys to the ship made me realise how tough getting a crew together is, and how much it can really feel like work. The aforementioned Davis made it look so easy. It's not, not without a solid crew you can rely on. This I won't miss, the organisation - but the many people I met and sailed with was what made it worthwhile. So thanks, all of you!
    Rainey
    Salah Al-Layth
    Ayiesha Dahyarif
    Talaskar Tigmark
    Angelo
    Isoviel
    Alric Tarrowin
    Isaac
    Lothair Rivalen
    Gynnie Robins
    Slurts
    Sil'avesi
    Aenwyn

Anyone else who sailed with JVM!

• Lhargh - Awesome character, and you helped a lot to get stuff for the upgrades, thanks so much for that! I'm sad I never got him to join the crew properly! Sails like an anchor, eh? Anchors sail! Attached to the ship! (I'd just have to pressgang him, right? Exceptions could have been made.)

• Rainey of the Treasure Traders! Absolutely not just a simple commoner! Appreciated all yer help with everything along the way, wish we had more times together!

• Kylar Huxley - I OOCly was so tempted to sail on both the Levi and the WW after his offer and seeing what a cool band you put together, but there's only so much time in a day! Thanks for the offer though and for being willing to have judgemental Jasna aboard. Keep being awesome and taking people sailing.

• Rhett Blackthorn - I knew he was trouble when he bailed after being given the first proper job (and even before, really) - though I enjoyed the RP and the brief times we met since then, even despite the circumstances of our meetings. Such a scoundrel.

• Brauka Odakar - He is such a sweetheart under that gruff exterior, keep being a good guy! (but not too good, because, you know...)

• Jach Wennes - in a similar vein to Kohlim's player kudos, for the wedding and being a fun character to play with!

• Grymmiirn - of so many names. I tried once to recite them all and it did not go well, as I'm sure you noticed. Props to you for doing that - hahaha! You were fun and I really loved the little custom items/treats you hand out, very cool. I may steal this idea for a future person if I make someone new.

• Xalden Grantz - gotta give props to the dude who helped save Kohlim and had some great RP sessions with before the happenings.

• Kesimir - another dude who helped Kohlim, and though Jasna didn't like him at all I can appreciate a well-RP'd character who rubs people the wrong way. Kudos!

• Gilfred - sad not to be around to see more of you and where he ends up but I enjoyed our interaction! I absolutely would have advocated for him should Jasna have been sticking around.

• Gynnie Robins - Jasna's not much of a diplomat, so our interactions was a bit like chalk and cheese I felt, but I think it worked well! Gynnie was cool - even if she did give Jasna Volodyaevna inappropriate nicknames. <3

• DM Corruption - for the super cool events you did with us - so creative, and also terrifying for Jasna! Would do it all again A+++

Jasna Volodyena has occupied special place in my Arelith's gaming life for as long as i still play in Arelith, Jasna will continue to live in my heart. For me, Jasna is a realistic character and while we're interacting, i'm always able to immerse myself.
The dissolution, is truly IC decision and nothing OOC. For that few months that i've played with Jasna, I've been able to feel that my character is also alive. I'm thankful for the opportunity that we've played together.

Side note : A Kudos too, to the rest of the crew ! We had once shined brightly, even though it's ephemeral.

LurkingShadow

Post by LurkingShadow » Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:40 pm

Dang! We sailed once and that was interesting! To bad we could not find the island! :)

Svrtr
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Svrtr » Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:08 pm

Without a doubt my favorite slavic cavalier with a naginata, with a great aesthetic for it. Will certainly look forward to your next PC if you come by the hold (especially if its a half giant :P )

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Post by Sic Semper Tyrannis » Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:00 pm

See you, Space Cowboy...

Currently: Madison Sabel
Retired: Emily Azuretide, Aremis Keidos, Mackenzie Graves