Roffin

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Hin_Justice

Roffin

Post by Hin_Justice » Wed May 22, 2024 12:25 am

I was hoping to see someone put this out by now. Since it hasn't, I think I will start this one off:

I've seen a lot of Team Evil bad guys in this game. Roffin is one of the few that stands out with me. I owe so much to this player for making House Nuhl and Byrny legitimized from her interactions with him and the Underclave. I honestly was not expecting this type of RP for Byrny's Bingo card.

Because of the many betrayals Roffin committed to his former Surface allies, and the treatment him and his cronies put Byrny through, he managed to unite most of the Surface factions above, and rebel factions below, against him. Roffin well and truly was a great uniter.

You're an awesome player and I hope to interact with you more on my various characters. But man.... Roffin was a cool tyrant. Thanks for the dynamic RP you offered with Evil Santa!

Lady Byrny Nuhl
Shadovar Arcanist Noble
Kingdom of Cordor

LurkingShadow

Re: Roffin

Post by LurkingShadow » Wed May 22, 2024 5:15 am

He surely was a unique Dwarf, Sil once saw him as a great friend, and the betrayal was a gut punch! It was well played and seeing his legacy shaping house Nuhl is very interesting!

D4wN

Post by D4wN » Wed May 22, 2024 8:22 am

He was a good friend and a better enemy. Thanks for the story!

Currently playing:
Thomas Castemont - Active

Liv McDowall - Shelved
Theodor Helbrecht - Rolled
Emma Young - Rolled
Ember Joyleaf-Underfoot - Rolled

-stick-
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by -stick- » Wed May 22, 2024 11:51 am

Your being missed mate , each encounter was special and full of fun RP 😁

Iceborn
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Iceborn » Wed May 22, 2024 3:14 pm

He was a good enemy and a better friend.
What an arc!

I missed the twilight of his story and damn I'm salty about it, but at least I was there for the spice.
There's very, very few characters that are willing to even consider the wild ride that Roffin went through, and that would be willing to change the perspective of their characters so wildly to manifest the consequences of their RP - that alone is precious.

Most characters, you tend to see perpetually in the same light, in the same circumstances - Roffin I managed to see through at least five completely social lenses that greatly varied the context of who he was and how our characters were meant to interact with one another, and his progressive social transformation sure was a bit of a headache to my very black-and-white mentality lizard that just wants to think of perfect absolutes.

She'll be mad when she hears her only favorite dwarf kicked the bucket.

Misc Changes, with the Feats and Skills sublinks.
Available races
Spell Changes
Class Mechanics
Command Guide

Take a look before asking your questions!

Cthuletta

Post by Cthuletta » Wed May 22, 2024 5:27 pm

What a crazy story Roffin had! He was great as a friend, his betrayal into team evil and becoming an enemy was a wonderful narrative that I'm lucky to have witnessed.

Juni even still has his 'Juniper is allowed to be in Brog' paper and refuses to give it up since it reminds her of 'better times' with him! xD Kudos to you, my friend.

Juniper Oakley - A Little Bitey

Ny'aza 'Peggy' Philor'tyl - Travelling
Tiffa Took Hss'tafi - Happy in Sigil

Rubricae
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Location: Space Station 3 (Have you seen Carmen Miranda's ghost?)

Post by Rubricae » Wed May 22, 2024 8:08 pm

can't believe he sold the dog

Pithy_Name

Post by Pithy_Name » Wed May 22, 2024 8:13 pm

Oh, agreed. Loved Roffin. So many fun times hiding in a room, warded, scheming about Brog politics.

Larkspur Gumpleplum - "Rude."
Nux - Away on Hexblade/Harbinger business
Ves Relaine

silverpheonix

Post by silverpheonix » Thu May 23, 2024 12:06 pm

Roffin was a wonderful character with an incredibly diverse arc. It was something special to see him get his life upended and put down the path he did. Iceborn has it right, to be willing to put a character through such change and ruin his standing and relationships so thoroughly is impressive.

When RPing with him, I had to remind myself a few times that my character did not like him. I think if he had survived and stuck around longer, he and Dib would end up getting along quite well.

Clayton on the Discord.

Lilith Vensurai: [Whisper] Dib's in charge of not exploding reality.
Johnathan Rigsby: [Whisper] This is unfair.

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Thu May 23, 2024 3:52 pm

I enjoyed watching the dwarf's story unfold. From surface outcast to slave to Tyrant to friend. He was a hedgehog, hard to get close to, but sweet once you did. In short a great RPer who I look forward to meeting again on whatever PC he ends up on next.

Last edited by Edens_Fall on Fri May 24, 2024 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dreams

Post by Dreams » Fri May 24, 2024 12:58 pm

Roffin was Arelith's Johnny English and I loved him for it.

RP only starts at 30 if you're a coward.

Aellowyn
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Aellowyn » Sat May 25, 2024 1:49 am

I've heard of the Roffin arc from surface to the underdark, while having no involvement with him. Somehow he still managed to bring my character trouble. :lol: I enjoy seeing characters grow and change in response to the world around them. Certainly makes things feel alive. Well done.

<redacted> Main
<redacted> Drow Alt
<redacted> Slave Alt
<redacted> Elf Alt
<rolled> Barbaric Elf Alt
<redacted> Alts of alts alt

Itikar

Post by Itikar » Sun May 26, 2024 2:45 pm

"Damn, all this stuff happens when I am not around much. 😢 So sad to see the story of Roffin concluding. It really felt like a lovely BIldungsroman in reverse, in which Roffin developed backward into a dark lord. I found it particularly fascinating because it was not being played as a classic corruption, but as an evolution and trascendence through morality. So, obviously, how could I not be hooked. It also came along very naturally and casually, thanks to John Salamander and @Viridovix - Syndril - CEST GMT+2 and those roleplays were simply lovely and unforgettable. @Roffin Xunder It is a shame that stories so cool finish always so early, and this really felt too early, but alas, it is when things have value that one feels the pain of loss. I am looking forward to roleplay with you all and your fantastic group, in the coming days and beyond. And I am quite curious to see which next creation you come with man."

This is what I wrote on Sharps Discord when news of the rolling broke out. Kudos once, it happens rarely to come across such an impactful character and creative player. See you in the Underdark!

A MAN DRUNK ON POWER

Post by A MAN DRUNK ON POWER » Mon Jun 03, 2024 5:21 am

Ymmstrid considered him a close friend, confidante, ally, coworker/boss, and in the end, will never fully understand what happened and why he did the things he did, how much of what he told her was true, or why the isle took yet another friend from her.

I, personally, adore the player of Roffin, and think they made one of the most memorable characters of all time, with an amazing legend.

The character will be missed, but I look forward to what's next.

Lass is Class

Post by Lass is Class » Tue Jun 04, 2024 9:29 pm

Roffin accounted to the most amount of disappointed conversations that Seitera had, a feat unparalleled.

Thank you for all the time together, it was a fine story and was fun to be a part of it.

Sythaeryn Dawnwing (Shelved) .
Se'Waerriel Ssambra (Rolled).
Landarel Skyseeker (Rolled).
Unnamed human (Active).

Seitera Colds (Main, Active).

Chaoshawk

Post by Chaoshawk » Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:46 pm

It was a brief time RPing with Roffin but he had a significant impact on my character and was fun in the time I got to roleplay with him in the Underdark!

Myryn Blightscar
Kaska Vyrakar