Oliver's Farewell Kudos

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

HinAttack
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Oliver's Farewell Kudos

Post by HinAttack » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:23 pm

I would like to thank everyone that has interacted with Oliver over the last three months. I can say, the concept and the execution was by far, the best time I have had since I have been here. And the reason it was so fun was the interactions of all of you with him. Truly a fun time.

But with all things, this too had to end. After the conflict with Layla at the nomad, I have had my RPR lowered and was instructed that my LG concept I have been playing is not within the expectations of DM Nito.

As I believe this lawful good concept I have developed fits the lawful good paladin I have envisioned, it does not fit the LG concept Nito wishes me to roleplay. I have thirty days to fix something that I can't see as broke or Nito will delete my character. Since I really don't want a DM to dictate to me how to play my PC, I think its time to move on.

It was never my intent to cause such heartache to the players of the server, so the Mystrians will be one cleric less. I want to thank all of you for interacting with Oliver but it isn't fun for me anymore. So....

Time to move on to a new concept and more fun!

Special Shout out to Manobi, Demetri, Galendur, Zen, Anshar, and Mithrim for really bringing the PC to life. Your RP and your interaction with Oliver was what made me come back over and over again. Of course, the core group Junior, Kristofer and Narius was essential for his development, but they know that already.

Thanks again to all that I can't remember as I get ready for work. I am looking forward to interacting with all the folks I have encountered. Your RP and concepts really allowed me to flesh out my PC.

Oliver Lane
Knight of the Mystic Fire
Sage of the Temple of Mystra

lordsterling

Re: Oliver's Farewell Kudos

Post by lordsterling » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:56 pm

I have had some of the best times on Arelith these past few months, and Ollie and the Mystrans have been at the core of that fun. The RP generated by the Order and the sermons and all the intrigue were magnetic. When was the last time 20+ PCs congregated inside of a Cordor temple to listen to a pious PC play out sermons as relevant to situations and plots that are impacting the server base in that moment?

I say this with all honestly... Sir Lane... the world will be a darker place without your brilliant smile.

LittleWeasel
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by LittleWeasel » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:57 pm

While I am sad to see you you go, HinAttack, I have to ask you to abide by the few rules that we have:
If you have beef with one of the DM Team, please bring it to the Devs (Mithreas, Jjj or Artos). Do ~not~ publicly spread your beef into the forums. Feel free to edit your post here, to be it just that: A Kudos, but please remove the veiled snark toward one of the DM Team. There are official venues for such grief. The forums are not one of them.

Thank you.
Don't take Life too seriously - you'll never get out of it alive...
Mind over Matter... now that I don't have a mind, it doesn't matter...
Ware the Wrath of the Weasel:
*nibble*
*cluck*

RootBeerFloat

Post by RootBeerFloat » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:10 pm

Well what can I say other than I've had the best time I've had on this server. The depth to the interactions of the pcs, the church, and the environment around them was outstanding but more than anything it held true to the RP of the characters and their ideals. You really made that happen as a vocal spiritual leader who never wavered. You and the faction gave the server something it really lacked lately. The sermons you did were well thought out and amazing but most of all the weekly meeting drew in 20+ pcs of all factions, races, and faiths. Where do you see that on Arelith now with such consistency. Well done Ollie!
Your play as a Paladin with conviction is seldom seen as well and it inspired me nightly to be a better pally. You are a gifted role player and excellent with lore. Your selflessness as a player is commendable. Thank you for the fun and it saddens me to see the Mystrans go away but if it's not fun anymore it's only a game so I understand. Thanks Ollie!

DestroyerOTN

Post by DestroyerOTN » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:41 pm

I fear I didn't encounter you as hartily as I'd have wanted.... I'd love to have taken layla's place in being BLUDGEONED TO DEATH ON SIGHT!

... but hey, you did good, man!

The sermons? How many clerics bother with their faith like that? I've not seen it before here.

The rallying of players? None of it even took an ounce of work beyond the screen, and that's something you -just- don't see everyday. You're a gift to the server, mate.

You set a foundation for the mystrans, and allowed my character to have just -one- more thing to plot against for the future. For that, I salute you.

Understanding the circumstances... who knows? Maybe after a bit of a break from Ollie he'll be in good company for a return.
"Playin' nobody, no how since AR 112"
Griefmaker wrote:Personal choices regarding RP which[..] limit a character in some way[…] should in no way be an argument for changing something on the server

Artos13
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Artos13 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:13 pm

Well, that's good news for me then. Here I was about to delve into the matter as you had requested, but since you've publicly stated that you've moved on from this, I see no reason to waste my time doing so.

Manabi

Post by Manabi » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:41 pm

DestroyerOTN wrote:I fear I didn't encounter you as hartily as I'd have wanted.... I'd love to have taken layla's place in being BLUDGEONED TO DEATH ON SIGHT!

... but hey, you did good, man!

The sermons? How many clerics bother with their faith like that? I've not seen it before here.

The rallying of players? None of it even took an ounce of work beyond the screen, and that's something you -just- don't see everyday. You're a gift to the server, mate.

You set a foundation for the mystrans, and allowed my character to have just -one- more thing to plot against for the future. For that, I salute you.

Understanding the circumstances... who knows? Maybe after a bit of a break from Ollie he'll be in good company for a return.
I second this.
Owlbears are the only thing keeping Arelith from the D&D experience.

Rugnar

Post by Rugnar » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:51 am

And now the Guardian of Eternal Darkness begins giggling as the Mystrans lose the one speaking Celestial everywhere...hehehe....

On a serious note...I'll miss Oliver! You should totes make an EEEEBIL toon ;)
Current Main Character - Xuneyl Teken'tlar

Old mains - Mithpsira Phexori, Annabelle Ross, Ambroz Lyons, Azalea Lyons, and Elenia Davenport, The Crow

iria_huntress
Location: Second star to the right, and straight on 'til morning.

Post by iria_huntress » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:52 pm

Oliver was definitely a cool concept, and amusing the couple of times I ran into him on different characters...But perhaps you should have gone with chaotic good? From what I saw of the RP, lawful just didn't fit the bill.

Join team ebil now!

P Three
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by P Three » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:13 pm

Very disappointed. You guys are great guys, but there were better ways to go about this.

Hit me up if you get bored. :) I may be annoyed but I still like all of you.
"Fail your Death Attack? Boomstick. Immune to sneak attacks? Boomstick. Gnome? Boomstick." ~ Baron Saturday

LittleWeasel
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by LittleWeasel » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:20 pm

Ok. Folks... Cut it out. I had asked politely to turn this back into a kudos only. For the rest, we have official venues as stated.
It didn't happen.
Have a lock.
Don't take Life too seriously - you'll never get out of it alive...
Mind over Matter... now that I don't have a mind, it doesn't matter...
Ware the Wrath of the Weasel:
*nibble*
*cluck*