Kudos to the UD

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Bimbobasher

Kudos to the UD

Post by Bimbobasher » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:58 pm

This is a well-deserved Kudos.

Matron Xun'Viir- Brilliant, evil, and always two steps ahead. I love this woman.

Stormwind- Cause who doesn't love a hissing dragon lady?

Brolg- I love to mess with your head... it's just so darn fun!

Lazarus/Krby- Come on pal... you know you deserve this. Funny characters all around and always a pleasure hanging with you.

Kiya- The most convincing kobold I have met... and a well-portrayed broken slave

Matron Vira'San- Seen her plenty and she is still a darned mystery... lol.

Nix- How can someone who sounds so cute be so evil?

Atruagus- One of the few Orogs she feels has the capacity to match wits with Mah.

Morvenna- For putting up with Mah's moments of anger.

One thing I want to give kudos to all the UD players is the level of emotes, and the depth it creates within their characters. Every character seems so realistic and well played. Every character has color and well... character. This applies to the above and most everyone else down there.

I also commend your ability to play evil characters and be the nicest people IRL. Jumping on always puts a smile on my face.

Kudos to you all.

PS I would state a whole slew of others but my memory is pretty good and I could write a novel's worth of kudos. Plus I want to get back in game :P

KarlaFatehart

Re: Kudos to the UD

Post by KarlaFatehart » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:15 pm

Thanks! Our little pit of despair is quite an experience.
"By this point, some of you might be wondering how drow society has survived at all.

The truth is, it can't. Drow society is absolutely and utterly nonviable."

-Drow of the Underdark, pg. 26

DestroyerOTN

Post by DestroyerOTN » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:40 am

*Gasps!* I'm flattered~

We're glad to have you around down here, as with any new 'darkers!

I mean, what -Storm- thinks, I can't speak for... but it's great to see someone taking initiative with the orog inactivity too! Pleasure t' have clan Skirge aboard, Mah.
"Playin' nobody, no how since AR 112"
Griefmaker wrote:Personal choices regarding RP which[..] limit a character in some way[…] should in no way be an argument for changing something on the server

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Post by Irongron » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:27 am

Much as I don't play as much as I like, I do keep an eye on things down there. Great to see so much role-play happening, even in the 'quiet hours' I can still generally find things going on in the city.

And of course I'm especially keen on orogs, so its nice to have some making an impact in the city.

Yma23

Post by Yma23 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:43 am

Mah is awsome, and kinda scary. And honestly I love seeing a female orogs about. Looking forward to see what she gets up to!

ArcanaFTW

Post by ArcanaFTW » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:26 pm

Mah is absolutely terrifying, and certainly drives the 'Monster' ethic that is needed in the depths.

Have a kudos!

Full Moon

Post by Full Moon » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:00 pm

ArcanaFTW wrote:Mah is absolutely terrifying, and certainly drives the 'Monster' ethic that is needed in the depths.

Have a kudos!
You should see her in a dress :P

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:53 pm

Full Moon wrote:
ArcanaFTW wrote:Mah is absolutely terrifying, and certainly drives the 'Monster' ethic that is needed in the depths.

Have a kudos!
You should see her in a dress :P
Where do I sign up?
Layla Rashmi: Fighting off alien monsters and sleeping with Amazon Moon Maidens... FOR SCIENCE!

DestroyerOTN

Post by DestroyerOTN » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:48 pm

Rystefn wrote:Where do I sign up?
*And so it occured to our sharran priestess that, perhaps.... the surface was boring anyway.
"Playin' nobody, no how since AR 112"
Griefmaker wrote:Personal choices regarding RP which[..] limit a character in some way[…] should in no way be an argument for changing something on the server

caldura firebourne

Post by caldura firebourne » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:04 pm

you can sign up with just about any of the current denizens of the UD, we even hand out theft proof necklaces! "and sometimes cookies"

on a serious note, Mah is an awesome one to RP with, she radiates authority and plays the Orog well, can't wait to see what fun comes next!
Plays as the monster in your closet

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:30 pm

Yeah... not signing up to go live in a cave with you dirty hobos. Signing up to see the hot orog in a dress. :P
Layla Rashmi: Fighting off alien monsters and sleeping with Amazon Moon Maidens... FOR SCIENCE!

Bimbobasher

Post by Bimbobasher » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:34 pm

Extra kudos going out:

Kish'rin: Captain of the guards and pure soldier. Discipline, loyalty, and good service. The Sharps is a better place cause of you.

Jahzard: Can't even believe I missed this one. He reminds me of Jarlaxle so much. More importantly... Jahzard does it, and does it well.

Cel'yse: She tries so hard to gain power... now if only she'd stop stepping on her own toes... lol.

Azuilah: One part fear monger, and two parts intellect. Mah still marvels how a human could have so much in common with her.

Martin: One of the few slaves who serves with dignity and pride.

Temme: Mysterious business woman. She keeps her calm and takes things in stride. Calculating and cunning mixed with a hint of quiet.

Spets' and the Goblin horde(Rammus in particular among the horde): I can only imagine how hard it must be to mix funny with deadly, yet you guys seem to pull it off to great effect.

The Dev/DM team: From creating large battles to simply taking over the Orog in the District Sharp house to frown, you guys add the little bits of life needed to breathe life into the world. You test me to play my characters as if you're not there(sad as it may sound), if nothing else, to show that I am not trying to get your attention, but play as I would whether you are there or not.

To all UD characters: I say once again... thank you. You presence helps bring intrigue and a breath of fresh air to the dank caves of the UD.

There are so many others that deserve kudos as well... and I'll get to you.

Edited: Oh and this special goes out to Stormwind/Kiya Ashclaw: The vast depth of RP concerning these two characters is... WOW. I can honestly say the storyline considering their relationship has been one of THE best experiences I've had on Arelith, period. At one point I almost shedded a tear for Kiya IRL... testament to the level of RP... I mean... WOW.

BornToCrave

Post by BornToCrave » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:50 pm

Wish I had the time to play on Arelith as I used to :cry:
The UD's call is a strong one indeed

SwampFoot

Post by SwampFoot » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:27 am

Having made my first long-term UD character and not knowing much at all about the maps, monsters and what to expect, the RP remains the most surprising and unexpected.

Sadly I've had my first PvP in like two years down there as well.

Not to jack the thread, double those kudos to Kiya and Stormwind. May one always buy corpses and the other always be a vicious little beast on the side of scaleys.

soundsofastream

Post by soundsofastream » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:25 pm

I would also like to pitch in and give Kudos to Stormwind, she's almost as bigger schemer as a svirfneblin. :)

And I'd like to give my warmfelt thanks to Gaelqu, whom Blingstonhold would be very lonely, without him.

And Jharrik, because, he's always trying to make more gold out of Xalanthia, despite her ability to, make more gold than him. :) Their greed for gold, sees a 'friendship' continue over the decades haha! If one can call it that.

And Magnar, who has, been somewhat a pain in my character's side.

And House Xun'viir, who have been the first in a very, very long time, to upset Xalanthia so much, that she has refound her Zabara Crimsonsoul and General Dredoc side of her training decades ago, actually having to be put into practice. :)
Plays as: Xalanthia Zygorghk'ga, Durna Steelshadow Dead: Olga Anvil breaker. Inactive: Breena Seamfinder, Phaere Zygorghk'Ga, Ellifain Nightstar

Chawumbawumba

Post by Chawumbawumba » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:51 am

Kudos to that UD fellow who kidnapped my elf sorceress Hedien. Totally a curve ball thrown into my RP batting zone. Very exciting and unexpected conflict there.

Kudos as well to all the Drow and UDers who were deliciously delighted at Hedien's shock of suddenly being thrown into slavery and UD hell. You all approached your reactions to a surface elf from different angles and goals, which made the interaction very exciting.

Watching these events unfold and trying to imagine how my char would behave in such a hellish circumstance was pure mind candy.

Now I'm off to see where Hedien will end up next.

Thanks guys!