Kudos to Maelstrom and assorted Banites

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Drake Strongfist

Kudos to Maelstrom and assorted Banites

Post by Drake Strongfist » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:05 pm

So....

Rp has been worked on for quite some time IG. With one fell swoop DM Maelstrom ruined it all. I won't go into details but it was (IMO) a horrible, horrible event that literally killed our rp. It effected my character in such a way and so deeply that it's caused at least one member of my faction to declare that they will be taking some time away to consider leaving the server and will be giving up the character who is a major member of my faction reguardless. Now saying that, you'd think that the title of this kudos thread would be snarky and full of hate and bile. But hear me out....

Upon hearing our words and realizing the implications of the event this dm repeatedly apologized. This gem of a person actually said "You're right and I'm sorry things went down as they did." All the while I was pointing out my displeasure with the situation as a whole which netted me another apology along with a "I understand if you want to report me to the devs."

Now...during my interaction I was acknowledging this dm's point and tried to make clear that I understood it. However, I was also not overly welcoming of his attempts to voice his regret or accepting of his apology. Honestly I was angry, I was hurt, and I was disappointed. For these reasons I feel that I owe Maelstrom an apology.

Do I feel I was wrong? No. I feel I was totally justified. However that is no excuse for not welcoming the attempts of this dm at making amends as much as I maybe should have.

In the end the dm in question did try and "make up" for what he/her and I both agreed on was bad form. Also the banite faction played their part in the aftermath in a really give and take manner. These are the reasons I'm here now.

Although true it could have been better. The fact still remains that with the exception of a few things which became part of much larger tings. Things did happen, rp was created.

I'm still not sure if there is a way for my character to recover from what went down but I'm not shutting out the idea either.

Regaurdless, kudo's to you guys. You could have all just has easily responded with "Har harr whatever noob" But you didn't so such respect to you lot.

Artos13
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Kudos to Maelstrom and assorted Banites

Post by Artos13 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:45 pm

There have been a lot of awkward and terrible and weird things to happen to everybody. I think you can manage this one, you're better than that. :)

I'll stand up for our DM on this one, after reading the events, its not as easy as some assume for DMs to work with multiple NPCs, to know exactly what's going on, especially in laggy times or whatnot. It's not easy, and many assume it is!

The Golden Secret of Everything is to be able to react and move forward without seeing anything as, "Oh, jeez. Now I absolutely HAVE to quit the game because of some series of events." It sounds like you're looking for the angle though to be able to keep moving forward, and I kudos that.