Alair's Kudos

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

InTheFlesh

Alair's Kudos

Post by InTheFlesh » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:29 am

Alair's Arelith-story is over, and I wanted to thank the entire server for the excellent RP and environment that allowed me to take part.

In no particular order, I wanted to thank:

Euclio Cartan
Verankht Zarunkumar
Vanya Dae'ia
Jenna Le'len
Nelehein
Vippin
Aedrianna
Namil Evanara
Mari Meyne
Scout Merryweather
Amadeo Pneuma
Iseult
Roland Asen
Gil'thilak
Elanor Shortwick
Arabella Levigne
Strythio Vh'larra
Qirovva Vh'larra
Filtel Nou'ate
Azuilah
Martin
Lenore Haven
Amelia Selana
Shaalira the Lesser Younger
Va'sarra Xun'viir
Taly'rrae Xun'viir
Koth Ifrit
Abidan Caelius
Calor Valdoran
Ken Thoss
Kata Razengard
Justin Gaskell
Andriarna Dirtytoes
Rose Talbot
Afonso
Kata Talos
Feston Fizzlebiscuits
Feste Fizzlebiscuits
Kaliyah Serafine
Gabriel Lace
Lily Kenner
Kregor Boldheart
Catalin Snow
Liunia Lillith
Rhue del'Asandro
Lucynya Lillith
Amana Tarrynth
Jillian Swift
Francisca Highhill

I deeply apologize if there are any critical names I've missed; just PM me and I'll fix that if desired.

Thank you so much for existing, Arelith.
Last edited by InTheFlesh on Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

triaddraykin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: Alair's Kudos

Post by triaddraykin » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:12 am

Rose is remembered!
Alia: The uncanny knack of Angela Amana to make the otherwise perpetually well-mannered girl lose her temper and be HORRIBLY ASHAMED afterwards.

Who on the Team to PM and When
Public Tower Discord
Tower Library
Scroll, Wand, & Potion Costs

Tashalar

Post by Tashalar » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:26 am

Going to miss him. One of the only people that's never been cruel to Azuzu.
#2: Archmage Swift's Spellduel Rules
#3: "But I'm An Abjurer, I Can't Conjure!"
#4: This Spellbook Is Fire
#5: Think For Once, Archmage Amana
#6: Cor, What A Stunner
#8: Sigermane Special
#9: What Is This, Cordor In The Fifties?

KarlaFatehart

Post by KarlaFatehart » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:12 am

I hope Alair died or left the island in a memorable fashion! He certainly had a great effect on my character's life.
"By this point, some of you might be wondering how drow society has survived at all.

The truth is, it can't. Drow society is absolutely and utterly nonviable."

-Drow of the Underdark, pg. 26

daemonshadow

Post by daemonshadow » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:00 am

Alair was a beacon of hope for Lily during a very trying time in her early life - and a reminder of what it's like to fail to reciprocate, oh so soon after.

For Olina, he was one of the few that could stand to offer her kind, frank words.

I enjoyed nearly every interaction with him, and hope you go on to have as much fun with whatever you get up to next as I did in the handful of times I got to have a heart-to-heart with the little badass.
I don't know about you, between and bicycles make me want to do natural things.

Rattus_norvegicus99
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Rattus_norvegicus99 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:59 am

Tashalar wrote:Going to miss him. One of the only people that's never been cruel to Azuzu.
I beg your pardon .... :?

Some old names on this list ... takes me back. *tips hat* Glad you enjoyed Alair and made a good long run of him. I hope you roll up someone new and continue having fun with us. :D
John 3:16

Skype Arelith.rat

KregorRanger

Post by KregorRanger » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:34 pm

My journaled kudos speak for the impact Alair had on Kregor early on. Brother of two oaths, Kregor will take the parting gifts he was given to heart. Someday there will be a sixth order of the Knights of the Road, and Kregor will have a fitting weapon to bequeath to the next to carry the flame.

Daedin

Post by Daedin » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:17 pm

Damn!

I was lucky enough to see Alair through a few different characters, and the awesome thing about him, and you as a player, was how..layered the character felt, and how all those layers showed through your rp.

Hope to get to see your new one...once I myself am more active on Arelith.

Yma23

Post by Yma23 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:50 pm

Alair was fantastic. My abiding memory is of the very early days of the characterh, when Justin taking Alair to... I forget where. Benwick I think? On the road Justin had to kill two ogers, and Alair was shocked. Justin didn't understand why until Alair explained - he'd never seen any monsters killed before.

Such a simple thing, yet mind blowing. Awsome character. Really neat.

Wordless Truth

Post by Wordless Truth » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:57 am

I think it's always sad to see such a dedicated long-time character go. Alair was among the characters I could have imagined to keep going forever. No matter with which of my characters I met him, it was always reliably enjoyable RP that I'm going to miss now.

Thank you for playing a believable concept that reacted to the people and events around it just by sticking to its role while allowing organic development. Thanks for actively seeking my characters out, it means a lot to me when people do that. Thanks for all the time, and lastly, thanks for playing one of the few halflings I could stand on an OOC level. :)

I really fancy stereotypical RP concepts with smaller individual adjustments to add some personal flavour. "Playing in the setting". I liked not only how you managed to convey that with your own character, but also by how you reacted to the different races, events, etc around you.

Interacting with an immersive character of the setting is great, but noticing how your RP partner plays out the typical, 'realistic' perception of one's own character in the way you pictured it is a reward on its own.

Seven Sons of Sin

Post by Seven Sons of Sin » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:12 pm

And so departs, the last Knight of the Road, from the era of the Third Order.

(WE LASTED THIS LONG SO AWESOME)

kudos, man :)
Previous:
Oskarr of Procampur, Ro Irokon, Nahal Azyen, Nelehein Afsana (of Impiltur), Vencenti Medici, Nizram ali Balazdam, (Roznik) Naethandreil

Marsi

Post by Marsi » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:04 am

*tear*

Why should the great bell of Beaulieu toll when the shadows were neither short nor long?