A Little Bee Flies to destiny.

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Rogaku

A Little Bee Flies to destiny.

Post by Rogaku » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:03 pm

Hi folks! This is the Kudos thread for Anrika, Slave of the Underdark who was slain in service to the House and her Mistress, earning coin as is the way.

I want to take a moment to offer a special thanks for the members of House Dro'vaalvaz for having been good in taking me under their wing as this was my first Underdark character.

Some special mentions:

Zarra: Her mistress proper, Zarra was very understanding from a player perspective and willing to work to create a good narrative for a Slave character, without deviating too much on what makes sense but at the same time keeping it fun for all involved.

Bart Fryar: A fellow slave, and definitely one to provide a different perspective in game for Anrika.

Ill'lithindil: Another of the house Mistresses who took interest in Anrika, she definitely provided another sound encouragement to be a good slave PC and actually made me feel welcome even, while like Zarra maintaining a proper slave narrative.

Amzaera: Another fellow slave, my regret is I didn't get to talk with him more as Anrika, but he came off as quite interesting.

Ra'mak: What interactions we had were awesome and , yet again: Welcoming and encouraging player, harsh but fair IC master. Collecting for you and the group wa a priviledge when I got to do it.

Thraxx: Was a good time working with Thraxx when we got to and what interactions we shared were fun!

Awc (Good grief and gravy I can't remember the spelling of this PC's full name I am sorry) Xel'vraxa: One of the only non house Drow matrons Anrika had more then a passing interaction with, she was, again a good example of balancing the IC narrative versus OOCly making a player feel welcome.

There's a number of other people who would also deserve mention, but I can in general say this was an enjoyable experience and really opened my eyes to the Underdark, Thank you.

Regards,
Rogaku
Major Characters:
Lacroix Sudentan (Deceased) , Rory Tate (Retired), Harcourt Fentyon: (Deceased) , Rachielle Du Vernais (Deceased) . Aloysious Valoheim (Retired), Troius Meridio (Deceased), Earnhardt Creid (Deceased)

Skarain

Re: A Little Bee Flies to destiny.

Post by Skarain » Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:20 am

Yieks. And I who was wondering why you logged off after dying... and why I couldn't transfer you any gold.... I thought it was just to go take part in newyear celebration... :shock:

The great irony was... Amrazera (who was with Anrika when she perished) actually had a Scroll of Resurrection with him, but when the Gods claim dying here was your 'Destiny', there's not much you can do.

For what it counts, Anrika was an interesting, fanatical slave. In the Menagerie that is Dro'vaalvaz many slaves, Anrika definitely had her own brand. The one of "zealous servitude" type. It was a nice contrast to all the other personas. It is indeed a shame she and Amrazera didn't get to know eachother better "outside work", but for what it counts, you will be missed. (we need to find a new smith now, too. Grrr!)

Now to figure out whether I can actually recover the corpse and have some sufficient gravity to hit the situation.

Best of luck in your endeavors in the future, whatever they shall be.

EDIT: Success with recovering the body! Will post what "conclusion" happen to her earthly remains in this thread.

Rogaku

Post by Rogaku » Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:28 am

I am sorry about the inconvenience that's likely happened as a result , since that was in the middle of some hostile territory.
Major Characters:
Lacroix Sudentan (Deceased) , Rory Tate (Retired), Harcourt Fentyon: (Deceased) , Rachielle Du Vernais (Deceased) . Aloysious Valoheim (Retired), Troius Meridio (Deceased), Earnhardt Creid (Deceased)

Skarain

Post by Skarain » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:07 am

Nothing invisibility, haste and strength gear couldn't solve!

Skarain

Post by Skarain » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:45 pm

And so concludes the story of Little Bee, buried by her comrades in chains to one of the few places in the Underdark where you will not be raised as a zombie by the errant necromancer.

"To the earth's embrace we lay you, little bee"
"Children of the sunlit realms, evergreen"
"How cruel is the world, to cut the wings of one so young"
"Leaving behind no buzzing, only silence, until there is none"
"Lay to rest, little bee, and dream"
"As only those may who are truly free"

Tombstone yet to follow.

Rogaku

Post by Rogaku » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:54 pm

Thank you both! I appreciate this, definitely.
Major Characters: